Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:14 am
I am glad someone made fun of re4, but I am sickened by the image. I feel like Ada's image of her beinga in a sexy red dress has been tainted. I want to curl up cringe now...*Ada fan.* She's still sexy...yes she is...just that the b*****d leon made fun of her....*takes out rocket launcher.* and a certain Guild member who posted it did too...j/k. But seriously who the f#$% drew that? Also...how do I put this? Iron maidens suck and regenerators suck. Sure they were annoying, but that's about it. They don't scare at all. After buyign the infinite rocket launcher I don't even waste time grabbing the thermal attachment for the semi sniper rifle.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:31 am
You're just jealous that he can pull it off and you can't. talk2hand

(j/k rofl )  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:54 am
Biohazard EXTREME
That's actually the part I found annoying.

What was creepy was in the good ol classics... You're in a room. You can't see what's around the corner, but you hear either breathing, or clacking of footsteps, or something of the sort. You carefully walk through the room, hoping to reach the monster before it reacts.
But you don't, it discovers you, and starts running for you, then jumps, or does whatever it does. THAT's what was so awesome about Hunters, Lickers, and Cerberuses.
The problem with RE4 is that once ONE enemy discovers you, pretty much every enemy knows you're there, and they'll all just come to you. You kill them, they produce bullets that you'd then use to kill the rest of the enemies that are after you. So much for "True Horror".

xd I don't see the difference. That's why the regenerators scared me so. It's no different from the original games, especially since you usually had to take down one at a time, knowing that others still lurked some where in the area. And, I don't know about anyone else, but since I've never been dangerously low on ammo before, the so called scares you get from knowing you don't have enough ammo to fend off zombies and what not, did not get me. And I'm pretty sure once you fire off a bullet, every zombie knows your there, just like the ganados. Sure, they don't drop bullets, but it sure ain't easy picking them up when there's, like, 5 ganodos puppy guarding them.

@Angela: That was hawt.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:08 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
Biohazard EXTREME

What was creepy was in the good ol classics... You're in a room. You can't see what's around the corner, but you hear either breathing, or clacking of footsteps, or something of the sort. You carefully walk through the room, hoping to reach the monster before it reacts.
But you don't, it discovers you, and starts running for you, then jumps, or does whatever it does. THAT's what was so awesome about Hunters, Lickers, and Cerberuses.
The problem with RE4 is that once ONE enemy discovers you, pretty much every enemy knows you're there, and they'll all just come to you. You kill them, they produce bullets that you'd then use to kill the rest of the enemies that are after you. So much for "True Horror".

xd I don't see the difference. That's why the regenerators scared me so. It's no different from the original games, especially since you usually had to take down one at a time, knowing that others still lurked some where in the area. And, I don't know about anyone else, but since I've never been dangerously low on ammo before, the so called scares you get from knowing you don't have enough ammo to fend off zombies and what not, did not get me. And I'm pretty sure once you fire off a bullet, every zombie knows your there, just like the ganados. Sure, they don't drop bullets, but it sure ain't easy picking them up when there's, like, 5 ganodos puppy guarding them.

Regenerators had only one mode: Walk toward the player and when they get close, attack.

Hunters, Cerberuses, Lickers, they just chill. They walk around, drooling, blindly roaming. It's not until they notice you that they get FAST and start chasing you.

Retenerators are always slow, and if you're in the room, they always know you're there.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
The Not So Evil Deadite
Biohazard EXTREME

Regenerators had only one mode: Walk toward the player and when they get close, attack.

Hunters, Cerberuses, Lickers, they just chill. They walk around, drooling, blindly roaming. It's not until they notice you that they get FAST and start chasing you.

Retenerators are always slow, and if you're in the room, they always know you're there.

Whens the last time you played 4? regenerators don't notice you until they make visual contact with you. Which is the creepy part, cause you don't know where they're lurking, and you're afraid to venture out cuz of their creepy breathing.

Correction: There are a few instances where because of an action a regenerator might notice you, but I am mostly talking about the ones that are simply waiting for you.

Also, not to shove this in your face or anything...

Zombies had only one mode: Walk toward the player and when they get close, attack.

Sure, there are instances where a zombie could do more, but the same goes for the regenerator.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:25 pm
I was CHASED down and ultimately slaughtered by 2 Regenerators before... Couldn't fight them off because I was laughing so hard at my own shock. XD This wasn't a first encounter either, so that's what made it worse. I wasn't expecting it to RUN! Apparently pretty fast too. I'm not kidding about this... o.o
And has anyone else gotten a good close-up look at their eyes? Because I have... REM, anyone? And doubled with the creepy, raspy breathing... Creepy factor is pretty high.
But that's just my opinion. XP

And, BTW, who DOESN'T think that everything is just an annoyance when you have some s**t like the infinite launcher?

III Agent Kennedy III

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 pm
AngelaAshford
@Zader: So I heard you liek joking about RE...

User Image

I do too. mrgreen

I'm shocked shocked and appalled and scared beyond all reason, its a great feeling, really.

But really that funny, I give you props.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:26 pm
III Agent Kennedy III
I was CHASED down and ultimately slaughtered by 2 Regenerators before... Couldn't fight them off because I was laughing so hard at my own shock. XD This wasn't a first encounter either, so that's what made it worse. I wasn't expecting it to RUN! Apparently pretty fast too. I'm not kidding about this... o.o
And has anyone else gotten a good close-up look at their eyes? Because I have... REM, anyone? And doubled with the creepy, raspy breathing... Creepy factor is pretty high.
But that's just my opinion. XP

And, BTW, who DOESN'T think that everything is just an annoyance when you have some s**t like the infinite launcher?

Tee-Hee were twins! ^.^ Anyway I got aliitle freaked out when I thought I killed an Iron Maiden cuz it fell then I let my guard down and it was still alive and it crawled at me.  

Zader_Sylun

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:32 pm
But that wasnt the first time i thought something was dead and it wasnt.

the first time i played RE4 i got two the El Gigantes and used the "magma" to kill them. Well I opened the trap door and they fell in, so i ran up to them and laughed and did some kind of smack talk and dance with Leon and then one reached up from the lava and dragged me under. I call it Karma.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:14 pm
I sure like Ada.

Yeah, Regenerators stayed in place and did the creepy breathing. Only when you happened to stumble across them did they attack. Unlike the Ganado who would always find you. I never liked that either, I was hoping I could hide the first time playing or something.  

Mr. Kennedy

III Agent Kennedy III

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 pm
Zader_Sylun

the first time i played RE4 i got two the El Gigantes and used the "magma" to kill them. Well I opened the trap door and they fell in, so i ran up to them and laughed and did some kind of smack talk and dance with Leon and then one reached up from the lava and dragged me under. I call it Karma.
Haha. Yeah, Karma.
But, then again... The same thing happened to me, and I wasn't dancing. So, after that, I never used the lava pits again. I wasn't even NEAR the pit when the big b*****d came back and grabbed me. I just have bad luck, I guess. XP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
Whens the last time you played 4? regenerators don't notice you until they make visual contact with you. Which is the creepy part, cause you don't know where they're lurking, and you're afraid to venture out cuz of their creepy breathing.

Correction: There are a few instances where because of an action a regenerator might notice you, but I am mostly talking about the ones that are simply waiting for you.

Also, not to shove this in your face or anything...

Zombies had only one mode: Walk toward the player and when they get close, attack.

Sure, there are instances where a zombie could do more, but the same goes for the regenerator.

Well, I'll proudly say I haven't played RE4 in over a year. Of course, now that I say it, it doesn't sound that long.
But I do remember this one part... You enter this room, it's a series of relatively wide corridors. (Because narrow corridors would give the illusion of claustrophobia and isolation, and that would actually be scary, which is a no-no in RE4.) And you hear the background noise that occurs when Degenerators are around... But you can't see it, it's behind a bunch of shutters.
You could stand there, not moving, and it'll still head toward you, open the shutters and find you.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:51 pm
III Agent Kennedy III
Zader_Sylun

Haha. Yeah, Karma.
But, then again... The same thing happened to me, and I wasn't dancing. So, after that, I never used the lava pits again. I wasn't even NEAR the pit when the big b*****d came back and grabbed me. I just have bad luck, I guess. XP

Oh, yeah. I was dancing. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 pm
How lame. I know better than to mock them. If you do Karma bites you in the @ss. So I stayed away from the lava after killing them.  

Alkaizer87

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:11 pm
Sadly, b*****d got me too.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games