Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
~The [MADG] Guild Chat Thread~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 7252 7253 7254 7255 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NEW POLL!!
  Ooh. Gold.
  Does it matter?
  zOMG!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, ZOR!!!!!!!
  Also, Hi. ^.^
View Results

pxxn

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:31 am

[Sonic Offline]
pxxn
[Sonic Offline]
pxxn
[Sonic Offline]

spam the chatterbox, watch TV, play with my iPod (now runs on 3 operating systems) and ported a few Linux apps over to windows.

KDE is now replacing my windows shell, and im working on getting KWin working as the window manager. then I'll have the entire KDesktop Environment running on my 'Doze install! once I get that out of the way, I'll probably get Beryl running...

~ish a nerd~

woah o_O that's a lot of stuff. +plus have the stuff i had no clue what you were talking about sweatdrop

KDE stands for KDestopEnviornment. its one of the many, many desktop management programs for Linux operating systems. its the most common, because its the easiest for people who are new to Linux/don't like using the command line. it was designed for Linux, but I have to completely re-write how stuff interacts with the computer to make it work.

still working on it, and its 9 in the morning. started at 11 last night. got it running, but its really buggy. gotta fix that.

btw, compiling it and getting it running took about 160mb of my HDD space x_x but IMO its well worth it.

... 0_0 i think you should be like a computer engineer or something. but I have no idea about anything you just said. I hope you finish it up soon, because damn it seems like a hell of a long time to complete.

im waiting to bring my grades up. Google promised me an internship for mass server maintainance and how to do generally everything the programmers do when I start passing my classes. they said they'd take me as is, if I wasn't failing like 4 classes >_O

so, at the end of next year, when everything's passing, im working at 28 an hour learning how to do what the google programmers do.

to top it off, im working from home. if for whatever reason I have to go to the office (Im in houston, closest is Dallas) they'd fly me, first class.

and it'll take a few more days to finish my project and make it stable.

Wow that's great ^__^
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:39 am

well, at least I have a reason to pass my classes now =P

I might have a gifted (above average?) IQ (never gotten anything below 'higher average' on an IQ test, taken like 4 from 4 different psychologists) but I don't see a reason to put effort into schoolwork. I know it pays off later, but lazyness pays off now. besides, there's a difference between putting effort into something, and being smart.
I probably sound high on myself n.n; I don't mean to. xD

besides, I could always just do oddjobs, and progress from there. I've gotten multiple companies wanting me to work for them, until they knew I have no college background. being only 17 and all, thats kind of hard. but once I can prove I know what im doing, I can go without one. (the Google internship should help ALOT). besides, when I graduate from the internship, I'm working at Google in Cali.

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

StrawBerryApple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:41 am

ninja heart
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:44 am

StrawBerryApple
ninja heart

~explodes, throwing guts and brains allover j00~

you know you enjoyed it, with your Vore fantasies. u.u'

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

pxxn

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:44 am

[Sonic Offline]
well, at least I have a reason to pass my classes now =P

I might have a gifted (above average?) IQ (never gotten anything below 'higher average' on an IQ test, taken like 4 from 4 different psychologists) but I don't see a reason to put effort into schoolwork. I know it pays off later, but lazyness pays off now. besides, there's a difference between putting effort into something, and being smart.
I probably sound high on myself n.n; I don't mean to. xD

besides, I could always just do oddjobs, and progress from there. I've gotten multiple companies wanting me to work for them, until they knew I have no college background. being only 17 and all, thats kind of hard. but once I can prove I know what im doing, I can go without one. (the Google internship should help ALOT). besides, when I graduate from the internship, I'm working at Google in Cali.

I'm 17 too. damn now you just made me look real dumb emo
but yeah my plan is this september i'm starting at CEGEP and after completeing CEGEP i'm going to McGill university. I still have no idea what i want to be in life. My dream would probably to be the prime minister or the Environment minister.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:45 am

StrawBerryApple
ninja heart

yay you're back ^__^

pxxn

Original Fairy

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:53 am

pxxn

but yeah my plan is this september i'm starting at CEGEP and after completeing CEGEP i'm going to McGill university. I still have no idea what i want to be in life. My dream would probably to be the prime minister or the Environment minister.

I didn't mean to im sorry w_n;

at least you have a plan n.n

maybe go into the medical field? that and the technology field are in the most need of employment, to my knowledge anyway. an RN makes about 60 an hour, starting.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:56 am

[Sonic Offline]
pxxn

I didn't mean to im sorry w_n;

at least you have a plan n.n

maybe go into the medical field? that and the technology field are in the most need of employment, to my knowledge anyway. an RN makes about 60 an hour, starting.

I hate medical, and science isn't my strong point. I'm more of an artist person. I've been also thinking of being a portfolio manager because my dad is one and the stock market interests me a lot.

pxxn

Original Fairy

StrawBerryApple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:57 am

pxxn
StrawBerryApple
ninja heart

yay you're back ^__^
I'm like, half back.

>>
<<
Trying to get some extra gold vendin' and I'm all over the place. <3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:03 am

Hey, I need an opinion. I have 4.3k, what should I get Kevin?

BartDude

Sparkly Garbage

7,475 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100

pxxn

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 am

StrawBerryApple
pxxn
StrawBerryApple
ninja heart

yay you're back ^__^
I'm like, half back.

>>
<<
Trying to get some extra gold vendin' and I'm all over the place. <3

nice avvie change, i actually like it ^__^
i've been trying to vend but right now i only have 1k. once everything i have sells i'll be at 90k ^__^
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:06 am

pxxn

I hate medical, and science isn't my strong point. I'm more of an artist person. I've been also thinking of being a portfolio manager because my dad is one and the stock market interests me a lot.

digital graphics is in the computer field. you could make a killing working for a gaming company that struck it good on a game. (such as Bungie or RareWare, who was bought out by someone else, I think. I forget who's bought who.)

a job that interests you is always gonna be worth it, no matter how much it makes. you work for a big firm, you make the money AND enjoy doing it. go you!

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

pxxn

Original Fairy

BartDude

4.3k ... why don't you vend and then get him like reindeer slippers or something.

I heart shaped box of sweets.

Seriously.

We should all get him that.
Everyone in the guild.

You could get him some white street pants. There's some in the MP for 4.2k

StrawBerryApple

BartDude

Sparkly Garbage

7,475 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:07 am

pxxn
BartDude

4.3k ... why don't you vend and then get him like reindeer slippers or something.

Reindeer slippers?
Vend, meh.
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 7252 7253 7254 7255 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games