Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply EverGleam
Evergleam Giveaway & Lotto -- Gleam On! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote on the future of this guild.
  1. All contests end immediately, all prizes get distributed, and it's all over. No more Guild.
  2. We move back to a Chatterbox-only format, one single Evergleam thread, so there will be more people.
  3. Other choice -- POST ABOUT IT or it'll never be voted on, never happen.
View Results

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 pm
Nudge eight hundred and two

56. All writers are wealthy; all publishing companies are glamorous; all artists are self-supporting and have large attractive well-lit loft studios.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 pm
Nudge eight hundred and three

57. If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St. Patrick's Day parade -- no matter what time of year it is. If you can't find a St. Patrick's Day parade, try for a Chinese New Year celebration and hide in the dragon.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:22 pm
Nudge eight hundred and four

58. A pudgy older star who's visibly falling behind his partner during a chase scene will catch up with him while the camera's looking away.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:23 pm
Nudge eight hundred and five

59. If a gas station and a man with a machine gun appear in the same scene, before the scene ends the gas station will explode. The same is true of fuel drums.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:24 pm
Nudge eight hundred and six

60. If you are trapped in a tunnel, in a sinking ship, or a burning building, a cute little girl, a nun, and a feisty granny will be trapped with you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:27 pm
Nudge eight hundred and seven

61. It's easy for anyone to land a plane, provided there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 pm
Nudge eight hundred and eight

62. The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will ever think of looking for you in there. And you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:32 pm
Nudge eight hundred and nine

63. No ship, base, or compound ever has more than one emergency radio.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 pm
Nudge eight hundred and ten

64. By the 24th century the concepts of circuit breakers, fuses, and uninterruptable power supplies will have been lost.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:20 am
Don't forget about guard dogs. You can confuse them by barking back at them, feeding them, going naked (they're always trained to catch hold of your clothes), or simply staring them down.

(My dad used to train guard dogs. NONE of these things will work. Trust me. A dog that's properly trained, and not genetically deficient, will never fall for any of this garbage. The dog will only attack you with all the more ferocity, then pee on your mangled, bloody corpse just to teach your ghost a valuable lesson. Much good may it do you.)  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ambrai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:24 pm
Nudge eight hundred and eleven

Oh my GAWD that's hilarious. Please don't tell me there's a movie where they go naked to fool the dogs? *snicker* My ghost will heed the lesson well. Maybe try and scare people when they come over the wall. Ooooooo dooo noooot gooo naaaaked foooor theeey wiiil biite yooou wheeeere iiiit huuuurts! Oooooo.

Lame, yes. But that is what I am and therefore, what my ghost will be. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 pm
Nudge eight hundred and twelve

65. Although in the 20th century it is possible to fire weapons at an object out of our visual range, people of the 23rd century will have lost this technology.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:29 pm
Nudge eight hundred and thirteen

66. In the future, everyone will spend their time standing around explaining everyday objects and practices to each other in terms of their Twentieth-Century equivalents.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:31 pm
Nudge eight hundred and fourteen

67. No monster-killing stratagem can be used more than once, even if it only failed through some bizarre fluke. Neither can it be refined and tried again. You have to start over with a completely different approach.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:33 pm
Nudge eight hundred and fifteen

68. No matter how badly a spaceship is attacked, its internal gravity system is never damaged.  
EverGleam

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games