Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:08 am
Biohazard EXTREME
The Not So Evil Deadite
Whens the last time you played 4? regenerators don't notice you until they make visual contact with you. Which is the creepy part, cause you don't know where they're lurking, and you're afraid to venture out cuz of their creepy breathing.

Correction: There are a few instances where because of an action a regenerator might notice you, but I am mostly talking about the ones that are simply waiting for you.

Also, not to shove this in your face or anything...

Zombies had only one mode: Walk toward the player and when they get close, attack.

Sure, there are instances where a zombie could do more, but the same goes for the regenerator.

Well, I'll proudly say I haven't played RE4 in over a year. Of course, now that I say it, it doesn't sound that long.
But I do remember this one part... You enter this room, it's a series of relatively wide corridors. (Because narrow corridors would give the illusion of claustrophobia and isolation, and that would actually be scary, which is a no-no in RE4.) And you hear the background noise that occurs when Degenerators are around... But you can't see it, it's behind a bunch of shutters.
You could stand there, not moving, and it'll still head toward you, open the shutters and find you.

=D  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 am
Alkaizer87
How lame. I know better than to mock them. If you do Karma bites you in the @ss. So I stayed away from the lava after killing them.

True that yo'  

Zader_Sylun

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:00 pm
Woah so I just found the viral advertising videos for RE5 on youtube. I guess I did a good job avoiding information before the game came out.

They are decent little videos. It's a cool concept but Chris seemed pretty collected in the game. Sure Kijuju and the Manjini would be horrifying but I don't think Chris would crack from that. Especially after dealing with the s**t involving the T-Virus before it all.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:51 pm
Yeah, after beating the game, the viral ads don't make any sense at all.  

MadamTarantula

closed07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 pm
i think the Virals were just there to pump us up and mess with our brains...

here's a big LOL i just found it on teh escapist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRCXHHpWpp4&feature=player_embedded  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:36 pm
I can see how maybe while trying to readjust to a normal life how a person might have PTSD. I thought the Viral Vids were well done though, despite some issues with continuity.

I was a little disappointed with the game, I really wanted it to go straight back to the roots and bring on the fear again, but the only scary part was... wow, I feel like a major pansy for saying this. DX

Spoilers below, I may not actually have to do this but I am anyway:

Quote:
When you find the Umbrella lab and you're walking around, noticing allllll the blood splatters and aaaaaaalll the gashes in the walls, you come across a room full of cages that have animals in them. I started to (bad idea) relax, as I figured 'if these are alive, there's nothing to fear'.

I about pissed myself when I turned a corner and one of those newfangled Lickers came jumping out at me. -.-;

Nilly Tsegrah

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:25 pm
Excellent use of the word "newfangled". :XP:

Yeah, it was moments like that that made me happy. I didn't even realize the uh... traditional Umbrella disposable experiments on the conveyor belt the first time. So my friend starts up the belt and we start running slowly to get up there... sure enough, one of them leaps up and grabs me. I just barely pushed it off and ran away from the incinerator. I could see the flames behind me. sweatdrop Scary stuff, I tell ya.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:03 am
Haven't been here in a while. o.o
Lickers make me happy... biggrin
*ahem* Anyways, I hated that damned conveyer belt... stare
Sheva managed to get me 2 Game Overs because of that thing... Stupid "dead" guys kept grabbing her and then she got incinerated... <.< Lame... -.- That's about the only time I died on that game... It was either her fault, or those damned Reapers got me... -_-"

III Agent Kennedy III

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:04 pm
Honestly, the only thing in RE5 that somewhat scared me (I wouldn't even say scared, just had me shitting my pants a little) was that area when you're wading through the swamp and that alligator head just pops up out of nowhere. I veered around him and started going to the right and another one popped up. I was in the middle of running when it popped up and I must have gotten too close when I decided that I'd try to cap him with my shotgun. Not a good idea. *CHOMP* "You're Dead"

Yeah... being in the middle of a swamp filled with hungry alligators is never comfortable situation. It was actually quite reminiscent of the shark scene from RE1, which is always a good thing (being that RE1 is my personal favorite). But I liked the execution, where the heads just pop up. It really adds to the element of surprise and the whole tension. So RE5 definitely gets a few things right here and there.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:16 pm
heart i beat re5 on professional mode1 i heart sheva!  

Azeizel

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm
Yeah, she's actually not a bad character. Especially once you read her file. She grew on me, but too bad we're likely never to see her again. Just like Barry and Carlos and Billy and Rebecca and *head explodes*.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:49 pm
Why did barry, billy, and rebecca have to go? Why?! I liked those charaacters. To hell with carlos, freaking playboy.  

Alkaizer87

III Agent Kennedy III

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:22 am
Well... Carlos got killed off in the movie... LMAO. And so did Leon.
So there is some good in the world, right?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:34 pm
Sorry Agent, but that kind of Carlos doesn't exist in my mind of Resident Evil, but yes they killed off Carlos in the Video Game version too, the world is decent enough to do that.

Edit: How do you switch from modes? Like switch her form atttack to cover? I dont' like her hogging my ammo. Also what else is there I should know about future enemies?

edit2: angela I believe it was you who gave me the link to the video walkthrough guide for RE5. can I see that link again?  

Alkaizer87

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:37 pm
On the 360, Alk, hold B and press Up or Down n the D-Pad. Up is attack, Down is cover I believe.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games