Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 pm
Thanks, but I think I already ccidentally sent her to cover mode once while getting angry there I had to waste so much chotgun ammo, but then again ammo is pentiful. Another thing I looked up cheat codes and grinned at the idea of the duplicaing tiem trick hello selling magnum wihtout having to lose it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:10 pm
See, cheat codes make the game not fun (the first time). D:

And I don't remember my ammo being plentiful until I got my guns super-powerful (and with infinite ammo). Then again, America usually gets the harder defaults which might have something to do with it.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:03 am
Whatever, do it like this. Stock up on money, buy everything you can, and then beatthe game. Then later when you can access the infinite ammo upgrde buy it since you've stocked up on selling duplicates.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 am
Now, see, that's not cheating at all.

Unless you mean stocking up on money by going back to earlier levels and farming for it. 'Cause that's cheating. Like I said, until you beat the game the first time, then go right on ahead. I still don't do it though, I'll go through the game with infinite ammo and sell ammo and stuff, but I won't go back and farm money. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:20 am
Canas Renvall
Now, see, that's not cheating at all.

Unless you mean stocking up on money by going back to earlier levels and farming for it. 'Cause that's cheating. Like I said, until you beat the game the first time, then go right on ahead. I still don't do it though, I'll go through the game with infinite ammo and sell ammo and stuff, but I won't go back and farm money. razz
Farming? You mean sellingthe treasure you get after beating the level or somethign like that ,and then dio it again? That's stupid I would first upgrade the best weapon, the magnum and some other weapon. Also sell any other weapon so that the ammo is limited to those two weapons only. I would then use the duplication process. Since the weapons are full. Not only selling the double would be good money, but it also gives free ammo to both characters. Therefore you give it to the person who has the gun. So you sell to earn money and get free reloads too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm
Copied and pasted from my thread that got closed.

How does everyone feel about RE5?

Just curious.

I know Bio hates it, but what's everyone else believe?

I personally loved it, I think it's great, a true improvement over the crappiness that is RE4.

I also think Sheva is one of the best character additions the series has ever had. She has such a good backstory and personality! Almost as great as the legendary Cindy Lennox. icon_heart.gif

I haven't played as Chris once outside of mercenaries/versus due to this. Except to get that darn Gatling Gun achievement.

Yes, I even played as Sheva on my very first playthrough.

My only real complaint is the worlds of missed potential with the story...but hey, RE4's story was complete garbage, so I wasn't expecting much in that, at least the gameplay and online co-op is a blast.

FoxyAreku

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:17 am
It's actually a fair addition to the series, unlike that s**t-stain that marred our lives before it. It's that nice blend that RE needed to stay afloat since less and less people were buying the games: horror and action. Now, is it better than the originals? Of course not. REmake and RE2 will always remain the top of the line. biggrin But RE5 is still competent fun.

As for Sheva being one of the best characters... I really like her, especially after reading her profile in the Library, but I wouldn't say she's one of the best. Unfortunate, though, that she's going to join Carlos, Barry, Rebecca, Billy... I do like her a lot, so it'll make me mad to not see her again.

Now I do play as Chris a fair bit, but I too played my first time through as Sheva. xd

And the story isn't so bad. It talks about the origins of the T-Virus and Umbrella, unknown territory to fans of the series. But yes, while it's competent, they could've improved.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:05 am
Canas Renvall
It's actually a fair addition to the series, unlike that s**t-stain that marred our lives before it. It's that nice blend that RE needed to stay afloat since less and less people were buying the games: horror and action. Now, is it better than the originals? Of course not. REmake and RE2 will always remain the top of the line. biggrin But RE5 is still competent fun.

As for Sheva being one of the best characters... I really like her, especially after reading her profile in the Library, but I wouldn't say she's one of the best. Unfortunate, though, that she's going to join Carlos, Barry, Rebecca, Billy... I do like her a lot, so it'll make me mad to not see her again.

Now I do play as Chris a fair bit, but I too played my first time through as Sheva. xd

And the story isn't so bad. It talks about the origins of the T-Virus and Umbrella, unknown territory to fans of the series. But yes, while it's competent, they could've improved.

I have two main beefs with the story. (spoiler warning)

First: Alyson in chapter 1-2, the girl we all assumed was going to be Sherry. Or some other character who actually mattered. She is shown, then killed off in less then 2 minutes, that was a major disappointment, incredibly dumb!

The other thing I'm mad about is the whole "LOL Jill died, oh wait no she didn't!" thing it had going on. Especially with that whole Spencer estate flashback! It would of been epic and grand if that was it's own game, and Jill vanished at the end of said game. What an amazing cliffhanger that would be! But no, they just pull that plot point out of thin air. Silly if you ask me. =/

Other then those two things though, the story was fine, in my opinion.

Oh, and it's good to know I'm not the only person who played as Sheva their first time. <3

Isn't that 30 second long button mashing sequence she has on the final battle such a pain, though? That's the only time I hate playing as her. D:

FoxyAreku

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 pm
Still better than Chris's.

Boulder-boxing. Not a popular sport for a reason.

And Capcom basically revealed Jill to be alive with the trailers before the game. I didn't like that. D: Now, I wasn't exactly pleased when I saw Jill's gravestone for the first time, but it would've been a cool twist if she was just suddenly alive (and after you find out, you can read the file about it in the Library). Not only that, but the entire game after chapter 3 is basically a search for her, which more or less says that she's alive. They could've done that better. Other than that, though, I liked it overall.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 pm
I think they no longer play the old game in RE4. It's the Boulder Dash, where you run as fast as you can.  

Alkaizer87

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:21 am
Canas Renvall
Still better than Chris's.

Boulder-boxing. Not a popular sport for a reason.

And Capcom basically revealed Jill to be alive with the trailers before the game. I didn't like that. D: Now, I wasn't exactly pleased when I saw Jill's gravestone for the first time, but it would've been a cool twist if she was just suddenly alive (and after you find out, you can read the file about it in the Library). Not only that, but the entire game after chapter 3 is basically a search for her, which more or less says that she's alive. They could've done that better. Other than that, though, I liked it overall.

Yeah, but at least the boulder doesn't hurt my wrist so much. ;_;

And yes, I'm pretty much scared to watch any trailers of upcoming games from capcom after what they did in RE5. They basically showed every cutscene the game had! Nice one, guys..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:10 pm
My thoughts on RE5...

Well, it's kind of a mixed bag actually. Now that I've played through it multiple times (solo and co-op), and it's had a little more time to resonate, I think I have a pretty good idea of where it stands with me. The following will probably be long-winded and disjointed. Apologies.

As far as the storyline goes, could it have been better? Sure. But it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Overall, I found the storyline pretty mediocre (mediocre being leagues better than RE4's). The only time I was really into it was when they got back into Umbrella and explored through some of the final remaining mysteries of the original plotline... pretty much that whole lab area with the Lickers and everything. That was awesome. I wish the game had more of that, and I wish they would have thrown in some Hunters for us too (C'mon, there's still demand for blind-a** Lickers, but no Hunters? What kind of bullshit is that?).

I also wish they brought back more of the old characters. Personally, I would have liked to have seen a globe-trotting epic (not just one location in Africa) with all of the surviving characters making an appearance, and ALL of the character and story arcs brought to a close, kind of like MGS4 did. Even though RE5 brings most of the plot threads to a close, some are still left hanging. Sherry and Steve, in particular, spring to mind.

I'm one of the few people who actually didn't mind what they did with Wesker. I actually thought it made pretty good sense of his whole, injected-myself-with-a-virus-and-let-the-Tyrant-kill-me-so-I-could-come-back-with-souper-powerz bullshit.

Sheva was adequate, but she's definitely not one of my favorites. I haven't even read her biography in the Library, because I was never interested enough to. I usually use Chris. And how did you guys play through with her on your first run? I'm pretty sure you have to unlock that ability, unless you played through your first time co-op.

As far as the whole Jill thing, I can't say as I'm a huge fan of what they did with her. I agree with what you say, FoxyAreku, that it would have worked better if it was its own game, or perhaps, the first half of the game. And I don't like how she just cheers on from the sidelines after you save her. It started with Jill just as much as it did Chris. It should have ended with her too. Jill would/should have joined in the fight. One thing, though. I knew what was up with Jill from the beginning, because I researched the hell out of the game and watched all the trailers beforehand. But when I played with one of my friends, he had no idea. In the beginning, when it flashes to Jill's tombstone, he was like, "WHAT?!? When did she die?" But he figured it out a little while before the 'big reveal', because it was kind of predictable anyway. Still, it was fun to see his reactions to things. He had only played 1, 2, 3, and little of CV, so he didn't know anything about RE4.

Speaking of which, gameplay-wise, it's pretty much RE4 all over again with co-op. Although I actually think RE4 wins out over RE5 in the gameplay department, just because of its use of its environments and things. RE5 didn't have anything like that huge castle in RE4 with all those catapults and s**t. As far as the gun-wielding Majinis go, hey, they were in RE4 too (those Colonel dudes with the gating guns). But my biggest gripe with RE5 is that it doesn't even try to be a horror game. It's an action game, through and through. Even the length of the game and the way the levels are divided and everything, where you can choose between them... it may as well be an FPS. At least RE4 tried to throw in some horror; tried to throw in some scares and some creepy atmosphere. RE5 only tries to ramp up the action. The entire game takes place in broad daylight with the exception of the turret level. RE4 replaced the 'Survival' in Survival Horror with Action. RE5 just throws out the Horror and leaves the Action, and in that respect, that's the completely wrong direction to be taking the series.

But it is a fun game, nonetheless. And I think it did a pretty good job wrapping everything up.  

Thee Stranger

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:09 pm
Thee Stranger
unless you played through your first time co-op.

Yep. That's what I did. The game is downright brilliant when you play through it your very first time with a friend who is also doing it their first time. And you don't have an AI partner who's telling you what to do every 5 seconds, you have to figure everything out on your own. It's wonderful, I almost feel SORRY for anyone who plays this game through with the AI on a first run.

It's also a great bonding experience between you and whatever friend you are going through it with.

Quote:
The entire game takes place in broad daylight

Chapter 3-3 and everything past was at night time.
While that is still the majority of the game, it's not like the time of day ever mattered anyway. The game wouldn't be any scarier if the whole thing was at nighttime.

And, RE5 DID try to put in scares. (Reapers and conveyer belt zombies, anyone?)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:14 pm
Um, if you consider the conveyor belt zombies and reapers scares, I feel sorry for you.

Atmosphere matters. RE5 had no creepy atmosphere. Nighttime or not.  

Thee Stranger

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:30 am
Thee Stranger

Atmosphere matters. RE5 had no creepy atmosphere. Nighttime or not.

QFT.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games