Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:19 am
Yes, yes. The collectables are here, and as normal there will be a huge upsurge in people using them.

Personally, I do like the wings of the goddesses. It is interesting to see several faiths represented, even if it is a bit much for a collectable. Personally, I love Japanese culture so seeing the cranes were a lovely treat. As for the metallic Egyptian wings, Yoder, they are supposed to look that way. Art that survives from that era of history doesn't look very flowing, all very gaunt and angular- it was the style of the time. Oh, and yes- shiva does have six arms, but I can't say if she was the only one . . .

The armor has my attention, but that is just because I love both dark/goth looking things and mideval things as well. This happens to be both. The question becomes, just how many are required for a full set? Shown is Arms, Legs, Helm, and Pauldrons that include the waist. I can only assume that at least one more is needed for the breastplate.

Looks like I am gonna need another $20 this month. sweatdrop

Polearms, hell . . . let's go one further. I want a GLAIVE!!!! ninja

*looks to Sporkiness* Nani? What hair are you wanting?! The flame hair is just the icon for all the elemental hair sets. Get one, and it does all eight.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:19 am
Oh, there's plenty of elemental hair in the marketplace.

EDIT: I guess so about the wings. Yeah, more deities could have 6 arms.

EDIT: You need 6 to have the complete set (the pauldrons are not included with the belt, neither is the scarf with the helmet). For minimalism, you'd only need 4 (cutting out the belt and scarf). You can choose a dark energy version of each piece that has red electricity flowing around it.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:34 am
Six . . . somehow I wish I could say I was surprised. It took that many for a full set of the Mythril. As for the armor vs the glowing points, that was a given to ahve them be the same item, but only one seems to actually have the dark energy. The rest only have points of reddish light.

Still, look for Talon to have it late next week or so. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:37 am
Well, if you look more closely, all the pices have a reddish glow on them when they're used with evil energy (even the belt's difference shows). When you can compare them, like I have, you'll see.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:48 am
Eventually I will be able to see . . . but right now, I don't have that ability.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:48 am
... I hate the new items. Bo-hring! I mean we have a rip-off/second release of the winged anklets (always hated Gaia for the damned OMFGs etc), some really really odd looking birds, a bulky scarf thingy and even bulkier armor (ick!), some huge huge overwhelming helmet like thingys... the wings are alright, but hard to match (same goes for the necklaces). The only pose I kind of like is the one with the wings on the head, because of the green and non-bulkyness and actually matching tones for once.  

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:12 am
Well, Gaia took a different approach this time. They went for tradition with the Goddess Gift (all freaking 13 versions it has), but kept the "Cool, look at us!" apporach with the Damascus Armor. I do wish that the feet and hands could be separate from the arms and legs of the Damascus Armor. The colors they choose aren't black, but more of a volcanic-rock/ashy/slate tone.

EDIT: Talon think of the difference like the difference between the METAL parts of the ice gauntlets and fire gauntlets. The metal looks very similar, but the ice ones are tinted blue, and the fire ones are tinted red. With the Damascus Armor, it normally has a gray-violet tint to it. When you choose the energy versions, it gains a gray-scarlet tint.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:27 am
I'm ordering extra this month cause i missed last months that look REALLLLLY cool crying *sobs*  

krome_devil

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:51 am
biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:06 am
I just realize that the Damascus Armor matches the Lunar set (aside from the glowing crescent part). The breastplate isn't that bulky-looking, althouhg the other kinds are moreso.

*uber-gluggles Alwyn*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

MasterDream

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:49 pm
So who's ready to see the millions of rich noobs go buy it and match it with the obvious things and go to the arena? smile Although that isn't as obvious, it's actually pretty good. But you know what I mean. In the arenas, there are SO many people who think their sets are really good. I like it more when people mix unexpected things and make it work great.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:05 pm
Yeah, why should "ROFL1 I GOT THE ENTIRE NITEMARE SET ON1 IF YOU VOTE FOR ME, I MIGHT GIVE ! PIECE TO YOU1" win?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:23 pm
krome_devil
I'm ordering extra this month cause i missed last months that look REALLLLLY cool crying *sobs*

Mello want one or two of last months' letters? Once they get inventory back up, I have 3 extra of last months' letters.

But, of course... I had to put all my cool stuff in the inventory organizer, right Before they take it down for a hella long period of time gonk

I like the armour, I guess it's the opposite of the Mythril armour, or whatever...
I also like the gift of the Goddess. Especially the greek stuff, because My beliefs are actually based around the Greek gods... though, I'm Buddhist, as well. (figure that one out)

I'm (hopefully) gonna be able to donate this month when they decide to cash mom's check... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:24 pm
Exactly. smile  

MasterDream

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games