Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm
Thee Stranger
I'll just go down through in points.

No, generally, a creepy room can't get you killed (Theresia being the only exception I can think of).

The mirror room in Silent Hill 3... D:

Thee Stranger
Yes, RE has always had the cheap BOO! scares. The difference is it was executed a lot better in the past. Why? Because it had atmosphere to back it. In the case of the dogs in RE1, you're walking down a quiet, narrow hallway, and then there's a loud crash as the zombie dogs bust through, accompanied by some tense music to get your heart racing. And you just saw some of those same dogs tear up your buddy in the beginning of the game, and you don't have any health, or very many bullets for that matter.

Also, in the foresty area outside the mansion in REmake when you hear the moaning and rattling chains of Lisa Trevor for the first time, or when you're in the dark, dusty old cabin and you hear the door open and close in just the next room over and the music gets all moody while you're stuck going that way anyway. That was great. razz

Thee Stranger
Now let's look at your conveyor belt zombies in contrast. You're walking along, one just pops up, and you struggle with it a little bit. No music or anything, or even any real sense of danger, seeing as they can't even damage you in the first place.

Well actually, in a sense they can. If you're close to the back and you get grabbed and don't shake 'em off in time, you can get torched.

Thee Stranger
How did REmake have atmosphere? In its environment, music, pacing, etc.

Yes. See my above concurrence. razz

Thee Stranger
You found Pyramid Head scary. I find that incredibly laughable.

So Pyramid Head creeped you out. Why is that, exactly?

He rapes demonic mannequins and punishes the guilty. What's scary about that... is that would make him somewhat of a "good guy". That rapes demonic mannequins. That's ******** up. D:

Thee Stranger
I hate to break this to you, but with the exception of the graphics and the more true-to-form storyline, RE5 inferior to RE4.

That I have to disagree with... RE5 is a definite improvement on RE4.

Thee Stranger
The level design was way better. The enemies are the Las Plagas, which do suck, just like they do in RE5.

Castles housing cults ran by a man in a purple robe with a living staff (no, I meant the one in his hand, not the one he kills Luis with) is... not super awesome, to say the least. And as for the Plagas, in RE5 they appear a lot less than in RE4. Which is a plus.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:50 pm
Canas Renvall

The mirror room in Silent Hill 3... D:

I never finished Silent Hill 3.

Canas Renvall
Yes. See my above concurrence. razz

Yes. And what the hell was the point of that, exactly? Were you not satisfied because I didn't specifically point out anything about REmake? Okay, then.

Well, a good example I can think of is REmake's use of lighting and shadows. Like when you're walking down that hallway, and you see the shadow of a zombie through the light of the window, tapping on it. You've been through this hall before, and it wasn't there before, so you know something is going to happen, and you're ready for it. But you need to get to that room at the end of the hall. So you cautiously walk by, ready for that zombie to smash through, but you make it to the end of the hall without incident. Nothing happens. You go in the room, do what you need to do, and when you come back out, you're still ready for that zombie. You walk along cautiously, and then *SMASH!*
Four zombies bust through, from both ends of the hallway. You're blocked off. So which ones are you gonna deal with? No matter what you may choose, there's still going to be some zombies closing in from behind you while you deal with the ones in front. You were just expecting one zombie. That's atmosphere right there. That's horror. See, you're not just playing the game, the game is playing you.

Canas Renvall
He rapes demonic mannequins and punishes the guilty. What's scary about that... is that would make him somewhat of a "good guy". That rapes demonic mannequins. That's ******** up. D:

The Punisher punishes the guilty. Is he scary? Oh, and Pyramid Head rapes demonic mannequins. Truly nightmare inducing. But thank you for completely overlooking the point I made.

Canas Renvall

That I have to disagree with... RE5 is a definite improvement on RE4.

RE5 only improves on RE4 in its storyline and its graphics. The gameplay is essentially the same. It doesn't really even do anything different from RE4 with the exception of co-op and a few gameplay tweaks it ripped straight from Gear of War. RE4 was longer, paced better, had a better variety in enemies and boss battles, etc.

Canas Renvall
Castles housing cults ran by a man in a purple robe with a living staff (no, I meant the one in his hand, not the one he kills Luis with) is... not super awesome, to say the least. And as for the Plagas, in RE5 they appear a lot less than in RE4. Which is a plus.

Again, this has to do with the storyline, and I'm not disputing the fact that RE4's storyline and themes sucked hard, and were completely horrid for an RE game. In the case of the castle, as a gameplay device, it worked well. The castle area was awesome to play through. There's no environment in RE5 as huge or expansive as that. And how the hell can you say the Plagas appear in RE5 a lot less? They're the main enemy! Just like they were in RE4.  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:08 am
Thee Stranger
RE5 only improves on RE4 in its storyline and its graphics. The gameplay is essentially the same. It doesn't really even do anything different from RE4 with the exception of co-op and a few gameplay tweaks it ripped straight from Gear of War. RE4 was longer, paced better, had a better variety in enemies and boss battles, etc.

Well, actually there's about the same variety in enemies with some exceptions (of course razz ) RE4 has the Garradors, Regenerators/Iron Maidens, and Novistadors, RE5 had the tribal chief majini, the Reapers, and the flying parasites... the spiders... Those are the only enemy differences that I can think of off the top of my head. (It's 3 AM, after all. razz )

As for bosses, there was more variety in RE4 since you fight Uroboros like four times in 5...

Thee Stranger
Canas Renvall

Again, this has to do with the storyline, and I'm not disputing the fact that RE4's storyline and themes sucked hard, and were completely horrid for an RE game. In the case of the castle, as a gameplay device, it worked well. The castle area was awesome to play through. There's no environment in RE5 as huge or expansive as that. And how the hell can you say the Plagas appear in RE5 a lot less? They're the main enemy! Just like they were in RE4.

Not saying they're not the main enemy, I'm saying they physically don't appear as many times as in 4. I remember fighting a Plaga every few people once it got dark in RE4, whereas in RE5 I could actually go a while before I ran into another one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:16 pm
Conveyer belt zombies>Window dogs
But maybe I'm just biased because the first time I was on the conveyer belt, not only did they make me jump, but they got me killed because my friend who was Chris was checking something a ways away and they pulled me into the furnace.
The window dogs, while they made me jump, have never even touched me once in any of the RE1 versions. It's silly to be scared of something that isn't lethal to you.

Thee Stranger

How did REmake have atmosphere? In its environment, music, pacing, etc.

Zero did all that worlds better, like I said. NONE of the rooms or music was even slightly creepy to me in REMake.

Quote:
You found Pyramid Head scary. I find that incredibly laughable.

So Pyramid Head creeped you out. Why is that, exactly? Say you never saw Pyramid Head before, and take him out of the context of the game. What is he? A guy with a ******** pyramid-shaped thing on his head. Terrifying. Stick him in RE5, and basically turn him into the Executioner. Does he still creep you out?

I don't see how that's laughable, at all.
Yes, if he was turned into something like the executioner, remained impossible to kill, and was still raping mannequins and stabbing your friends with spears, he would still be scary. He's a scary creature and gives Silent Hill 2 95% of the fear it emits. If he wasn't in the game, then it wouldn't be the scariest game of all time. All the 'atmosphere' in the world wouldn't be able to save it.

Quote:
I hate to break this to you, but with the exception of the graphics and the more true-to-form storyline, RE5 inferior to RE4. And I believe your words were, "sucks in every way possible". Well, RE4 created the same gameplay that RE5 employs.

Except, RE5 improved on it, alot.

Quote:
RE4 influenced the entire gaming industry (Gears of War, Dead Space, MGS4, etc.).

Um. No. Maybe Dead Space, but those other two are completely different third person shooters. =/

Quote:
The level design was way better.

IF you honestly think that we may as well stop talking right here. The level design sucked, alot. It was random and all over the place, and really just made no sense. That random a** lava pit in the middle of the castle is the first thing to come to mind.

Quote:
The enemies are the Las Plagas, which do suck, just like they do in RE5.

'cept the enemy models aren't ugly to look at in 5, and they are better made with threats like Duvalias that come out of them.

Quote:
The only thing that really did suck about RE4 was its storyline, and how it killed Umbrella and completely ******** the continuity of the series. And it was a little too action-heavy for an RE game, in my opinion. But one thing I can say for RE4 is that it was a horror game. More of a horror game than RE5 will ever be.

A horror game with absolutely nothing scary about it. The only time I jumped was because of Oven man, and who didn't jump there? some random guy coming out of nowhere. Blarg. RE4 didn't even make me feel slightly tense at any point like all the other games in the series do.

Also you keep reiterating that RE5 isn't a horror game, you sound like a bloody broken record. Yes, we KNOW it's not a horror game, we all have known that before this debate even started. Can you move on? All I said was they tried to make it scary, you may think a tagline doesn't mean anything, but it was basically Capcom's way of saying "This game is going to be scary". They didn't keep to that promise obviously, but it doesn't mean they didn't try.

You should be used to Capcom trying and failing at things by now honestly.

Quote:

Let's see here....

ALOT more melee attacks
Two different characters
Co-op and lots of co-op features
Cover system
Alot more weapons
Wider array of weapons
Level design that ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE (god forbid)
Mercenaries is alot better
Versus
Several other minor things
RE5 has better replay value

And I'm pretty sure RE5 has more enemies then RE4, but I haven't counted all the different types. They aren't 'essentially the same'.

I've gone through this discussion loads of times with people who bash me for loving 5 but despising 4 with every fiber of my being.

FoxyAreku

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:30 pm
Wow.

FoxyAreku
Conveyer belt zombies>Window dogs

Okay. It's official. *facepalm* All I gotta say is... are ******** kidding me, dude. Really now.

FoxyAreku
But maybe I'm just biased because the first time I was on the conveyer belt, not only did they make me jump, but they got me killed because my friend who was Chris was checking something a ways away and they pulled me into the furnace.

Well then, you really suck. 3nodding

FoxyAreku
The window dogs, while they made me jump, have never even touched me once in any of the RE1 versions. It's silly to be scared of something that isn't lethal to you.

So you got killed by the conveyor belt zombies, but the dogs never touched you once, huh? Mm'kay.
Maybe that's because you quickly ran into the next room to get away from them? I know that's what I did the first time.

FoxyAreku
Zero did all that worlds better, like I said. NONE of the rooms or music was even slightly creepy to me in REMake.

Are you kidding me? RE0? rofl okay, dude.

FoxyAreku
I don't see how that's laughable, at all.
Yes, if he was turned into something like the executioner, remained impossible to kill, and was still raping mannequins and stabbing your friends with spears, he would still be scary. He's a scary creature and gives Silent Hill 2 95% of the fear it emits. If he wasn't in the game, then it wouldn't be the scariest game of all time. All the 'atmosphere' in the world wouldn't be able to save it.

*sigh* I said to take him out of the context of the game. Okay, so basically replace the Executioner's character model with Pyramid Head's. So maybe he still rapes mannequins in his spare time (I find the raping of mannequins to be the epitome of horror), but you're Chris and Sheva, it's broad daylight outside, you got a bunch of guns, and there's a crowd of Plagas and s**t. He's a dude with a ******** Pyramid on his head. He's about as scary as the Executioner is. Which isn't scary at all.

FoxyAreku

"alot" isn't a word. It's two words: A lot. This concludes our 1st grade English lesson. Moving on.

FoxyAreku
Um. No. Maybe Dead Space, but those other two are completely different third person shooters. =/

No? Guess what. RE4 created the third-person shooter as you know it today. It was cited as the main inspiration for the gameplay of the original Gears of War by the developers themselves in an interview with Game Informer. And as you can see, RE5, in turn, borrowed from Gears of War. In the case of MGS4, it's still a stealth game, but RE4's influence is undeniable. The over-the-shoulder viewpoint when aiming, the Drebin gunshop where you buy and upgrade/customize weapons, etc. Yeah, dude.

FoxyAreku
IF you honestly think that we may as well stop talking right here. The level design sucked, alot. It was random and all over the place, and really just made no sense. That random a** lava pit in the middle of the castle is the first thing to come to mind.

IF you're honestly trying to argue that RE4's level design was random and all over the place, then the level design for just about every video game ever created (including RE5) is random and all over the place. That's just about every Platforming game, FPS game, RPG, etc. That "random-a** lava pit" you refer to is not random. It is a gameplay device used to defeat the bosses. That's not random.

FoxyAreku
'cept the enemy models aren't ugly to look at in 5, and they are better made with threats like Duvalias that come out of them.

*facepalm* Really. So let me get this straight in my head... you're saying that because RE4's character models had less polygons, they suck, and RE5's enemies are way better, even though they acted exactly the same, attacked in the same manner with the same type of weapons, and had the exact same animations as the enemies in RE4, etc. Oh, but because every once in a while a flying creature pops out of them, they're way better, and RE4's just plain suck. Mm'kay. You're just ignoring logic and common sense now. It's really sad.

FoxyAreku
A horror game with absolutely nothing scary about it. The only time I jumped was because of Oven man, and who didn't jump there? some random guy coming out of nowhere. Blarg. RE4 didn't even make me feel slightly tense at any point like all the other games in the series do.

Nothing in RE4 particularly scared me either, but it was a horror game. I could sit here an argue with you how RE4 actually had some horror elements while RE5 didn't; how it created tense moments while RE5 created none, but there's really no point. Because no matter what I point out, you're just going to dismiss it and ignore any logic or validity that the statement has. Just like you've done with everything else. Anything I say, you're just going to tell me that it wasn't tense, or scary, or whatever. It's an exercise in futility, so I'm not going to bother.

FoxyAreku
Also you keep reiterating that RE5 isn't a horror game, you sound like a bloody broken record. Yes, we KNOW it's not a horror game, we all have known that before this debate even started. Can you move on? All I said was they tried to make it scary, you may think a tagline doesn't mean anything, but it was basically Capcom's way of saying "This game is going to be scary". They didn't keep to that promise obviously, but it doesn't mean they didn't try.

Well, then there's no point in continuing to argue with me then, because I've already won the debate. RE5 has no creepy atmosphere, which you say isn't important for a horror game, but an abundance of creatures, which you say is all that matters. So, do you see where I'm going with this? Going by your logic, how can RE5 not be a horror game? Since you've admitted that RE5 isn't a horror game, you've conceded the fact that atmosphere is important. I win, you lose. Stop and quit it, you need to admit it. And all that tagline is, is false advertisement. That doesn't mean they tried. That just means they said it was going to be something that it wasn't.

FoxyAreku
Let's see here....

ALOT more melee attacks

FoxyAreku
Two different characters
Co-op and lots of co-op features

These are both the same thing, basically. Yes, it has co-op. Yes, the game is fun/funner to play with a pal. That doesn't necessarily mean it's an improvement over RE4.

FoxyAreku
Cover system

Whoop-de-doo. That's ********' LAME if you ask me.

FoxyAreku
Alot more weapons
Wider array of weapons

rofl I love how you list the same thing twice to try to make your list bigger. xd Again, these are the same thing. And no, not really. Maybe a few more, but not a whole hell of a lot.

FoxyAreku
Level design that ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE (god forbid)

Right. Like how Chris, with all his huge muscles and s**t now, can't even kick open half of the ******** doors, or push a crate without Sheva's help. Except, of course, that area with the Lickers where they have to separate. Then they can suddenly move that same crate by themselves. Makes perfect sense how I couldn't move a crate this exact same size before without help, but now I can all of a sudden. 3nodding Not at all random. You're right, this is level design that actually makes sense.

And speaking of "random-a** lava pits", it's quite conceivable that the lava pit in the castle in RE4 was installed to dispose of bodies or something like that. At the end of RE5, they just happen to crash into a burning lava pit, in the form of an active volcano. What timing! How convenient! That's not contrived in any way whatsoever. Makes perfect sense. Nope, no randomness there.

I can go on if you'd like.

FoxyAreku
Mercenaries is alot better

Um. No, it isn't. It's pretty much the same thing. It doesn't do anything different from RE4. Actually, I like the Mercenaries level designs for RE4 a lot better, but that's me. Oh, and RE4's has more characters, as opposed to alternative outfits for four characters. Oh, and Tribal Sheva is a total rip-off of Krauser from RE4, minus the Tyrant Arm. Explain to me how RE5 is so much better than RE4 again?

FoxyAreku
Versus

Basically Mercenaries with a slight twist. Oh, and you have pay more money for it too.

FoxyAreku
Several other minor things

Which you apparently can't even list. But everything you have listed thus far has been minor.

FoxyAreku
RE5 has better replay value

And it's also a lot shorter.

FoxyAreku
And I'm pretty sure RE5 has more enemies then RE4, but I haven't counted all the different types. They aren't 'essentially the same'.

They're a hell of a lot similar. There's a few minor tweaks and added features, but other than that, they're nearly identical.

FoxyAreku
I've gone through this discussion loads of times with people who bash me for loving 5 but despising 4 with every fiber of my being.

Well, that's because RE5 is so much similar to RE4. See, I wouldn't argue with you if you were someone like Bio, who hates RE5 basically because he hates RE4. You can't hate everything about RE4 and then like RE5. They're way too much alike.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:52 pm
Allow me to add something, Stranger and others.

If my memory serves me right, the Rainbow Six games had a cover type system before Gears came out. Though it did start the 3rd person cover system.  

Elliot Salem

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 pm
There was Winback as well. MGS2 also used some cover tactics here and there. Kill Switch is the most early example I can think of that really places emphasis on the whole duck-and-cover thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:31 pm
Winback? never heard of that. But then you can also add just MGS.

Also, on topic:

Environment is important to a horror game. No matter what you say it is.
You can g around and say they don't, but what's scarier being chased by Micheal Myers in a huge wide open field, where you can see him, or being chased by him in a dark and seemingly abandoned building?

Last time I checked, that's why HORROR movies use abandoned buildings, schools, homes and others, instead of a wide open field.

On the whole Conveyor belt zombie things, not scary. Not even close. Maybe a jump, but when I noticed a conveyor belt with bodies I knew immediately that they would jump on you or try to pull a cheap scare.
The dogs, after the first time, they won't scare you because you'll be expecting it, but the first time through, especially if it's your first time playing will probably make you jump. Even if you don't get injured, it'll make you jump.  

Elliot Salem

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 pm
FoxyAreku

Thee Stranger
"alot" isn't a word. It's two words: A lot. This concludes our 1st grade English lesson. Moving on.

Dude! You did the same thing with me lol! But at least I corrected your correction ha ha.

Sorry I've been taking a little while with my response, but I've been too busy to write a long tirade of sense. So I'll shall do a short one tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:41 pm
Yours was 2nd grade. And I had a better excuse this time. It wasn't like a typo or something. He used "alot" a lot.  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:47 am
Winback? You don't know it? Oh well that's understandable. I didn't know it until I saw it for the PS2 when my cousin was playing it. I like that game. Also antoher thing. Yes it's lme that Tribal Sheva is like Krauser, but at atleast it's a female and not a male.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:09 pm
Quote:
F you're honestly trying to argue that RE4's level design was random and all over the place, then the level design for just about every video game ever created (including RE5) is random and all over the place. That's just about every Platforming game, FPS game, RPG, etc. That "random-a** lava pit" you refer to is not random. It is a gameplay device used to defeat the bosses. That's not random.

So many things wrong with this statement. I think I'll just stay in the RE series though instead of bringing in other games.

Let's compare RE4's level design to that of the other games. All the other game's levels made sense. A lab under a mansion or an RPD isn't completely farfetched. Pretty much all the levels in RE4 were made completely unbelievable, one second your in the castle, then your in a room with a giant lava pit with stupid dragon statues breathing fire on you, then your in a badly placed mine, with conveniently placed shooting galleries all over the place. Idiocy!

Quote:
Maybe that's because you quickly ran into the next room to get away from them? I know that's what I did the first time.

Gee, ya think?
No, I just stood there and let them bite me to death.

That doesn't make them scary.

Quote:
Um. No, it isn't. It's pretty much the same thing. It doesn't do anything different from RE4.

I'm sorry, but are a complete noob if you actually think this.

RE5's mercs takes a ton more skill and is a lot deeper. An extra 5 seconds for every melee kill, combo bonuses, more levels and characters to learn, each level ends if you slay 150 enemies, and you get 1000 points for every remaining second. RE5's mercs contains lots of strategy, RE4's is nothing but kill! kill! kill!

Yes, the core formula is the same, but that's where the similarities end. If you even had the capacity to play RE5's mercs at a professional level, or even a halfway decent level, you would know this.

And no, Tribal Sheva is not a Krauser ripoff. The bow has no laser sight, and Krauser had no grenade launcher (RE4 didn't even HAVE a grenade launcher). Plus Sheva's bow is stronger I believe.

I also find it funny you have to correct my grammar to make yourself feel superior. This isn't an English debate, it's a resident evil debate.

I mean really, you aren't even RESPONDING to what I'm saying anymore, all you are doing is laughing. I can do that too, because pretty much everything you've said since this started has made me lol, but I kept it to myself because I actually have manners. What is wrong with RE: Zero? That game is just as scary as REmake, leeches are scary things, especially when blood makes you sick like it does me. And I mean HONESTLY, the ******** is this?

Quote:
Well then, you really suck. 3nodding

COMPLETELY irrelevant. Since when were we talking about my skill? I'm not the only one who has been killed by those zombies, like I said I wasn't expecting them to get up (and neither were you), so how the ******** was I supposed to avoid being pulled into the fire when my partner was a mile away? I'm really starting to question your intelligence now.

Also when the hell did I say atmosphere mattered? You're combacks are getting stupider and stupider as this goes on. You can't just say "I've won, atmosphere matters, haha!" I said RE5 isn't a horror game. It has nothing to do with the damn "atmosphere". RE5 isn't a horror game because it wasn't made like one, it's too action packed. A horror game doesn't include massive gun fights with Gears cover systems and such. It has jumps and a couple creepy things, but it's not truly scary like Zero and Outbreak. Atmosphere doesn't matter, has never mattered, and will never matter. Good day.

FoxyAreku

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:26 pm
Well, no friends will be made here lol.

Eff it. I'm not going to get to my two points, so you guys just go at it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:00 pm
FoxyAreku
So many things wrong with this statement. I think I'll just stay in the RE series though instead of bringing in other games.

Let's compare RE4's level design to that of the other games. All the other game's levels made sense. A lab under a mansion or an RPD isn't completely farfetched. Pretty much all the levels in RE4 were made completely unbelievable, one second your in the castle, then your in a room with a giant lava pit with stupid dragon statues breathing fire on you, then your in a badly placed mine, with conveniently placed shooting galleries all over the place. Idiocy!

Yes, a huge, underground laboratory beneath a Police Precinct makes perfect sense. You see that all the time in real life. Not to mention all those statues and puzzles. Yeah, I see crazy, elaborate statues with emblems and gems and such all the time in real-life Police stations. Makes perfect sense. rolleyes

FoxyAreku
I'm sorry, but are a complete noob if you actually think this.

So sayeth the furfag.

FoxyAreku
RE5's mercs takes a ton more skill and is a lot deeper. An extra 5 seconds for every melee kill, combo bonuses, more levels and characters to learn, each level ends if you slay 150 enemies, and you get 1000 points for every remaining second. RE5's mercs contains lots of strategy, RE4's is nothing but kill! kill! kill! Yes, the core formula is the same, but that's where the similarities end. If you even had the capacity to play RE5's mercs at a professional level, or even a halfway decent level, you would know this.

Dude... *shakes head* Read back what you just wrote and tell me how RE5's Mercenaries Mode is any less "kill! kill! kill!" than RE4's. You get combo bonuses in RE4 as well. There's very little strategy involved, and it plays exactly the same way as RE4's Mercenaries Mode. It's the same damn thing. Get over it.

FoxyAreku
And no, Tribal Sheva is not a Krauser ripoff. The bow has no laser sight, and Krauser had no grenade launcher (RE4 didn't even HAVE a grenade launcher). Plus Sheva's bow is stronger I believe.

Wow, what a huge difference. Sheva's bow has no laser sight. It does the exact same thing as Krauser's bow in RE4, and is just as powerful. Their main weapon is virtually the same.

FoxyAreku
I also find it funny you have to correct my grammar to make yourself feel superior. This isn't an English debate, it's a resident evil debate.

Fair enough. I've spotted a lot more errors in this post as well, but I won't point them out. I will let you continue to look just as stupid as you are. 3nodding

FoxyAreku
I mean really, you aren't even RESPONDING to what I'm saying anymore, all you are doing is laughing.

Right. I responded to just about every paragraph of your post, while you responded to only about four or so of mine. But I know that's because you don't have s**t on me. You're just pulling at straws now. So yeah, I am pretty much laughing at you.

FoxyAreku
I can do that too, because pretty much everything you've said since this started has made me lol, but I kept it to myself because I actually have manners.

Dude, you've been just about as rude to me as I have been to you. You've called me a "n00b", insulted my gaming skill, called my comebacks stupid, yadda yadda. Two wrongs don't make a right. You're no better than me. s**t, all I said at first was that if you found the Reapers and the Conveyor Belt Zombies scary, then I feel sorry for you. You're the one who got all butthurt about it.

FoxyAreku
What is wrong with RE: Zero? That game is just as scary as REmake, leeches are scary things, especially when blood makes you sick like it does me. And I mean HONESTLY, the ******** is this?

Nothing. Yes, it's probably just about as scary as REmake, as you just said. Probably a bit less. Earlier, you basically said that REmake didn't have s**t on RE0. That's why I laughed. Because that's just about as logical as "hating RE4 with every fiber of your being", but then turning around and praising RE5.

FoxyAreku
COMPLETELY irrelevant. Since when were we talking about my skill? I'm not the only one who has been killed by those zombies, like I said I wasn't expecting them to get up (and neither were you), so how the ******** was I supposed to avoid being pulled into the fire when my partner was a mile away? I'm really starting to question your intelligence now.

They didn't ever kill me.

FoxyAreku
Also when the hell did I say atmosphere mattered? You're combacks are getting stupider and stupider as this goes on. You can't just say "I've won, atmosphere matters, haha!" I said RE5 isn't a horror game. It has nothing to do with the damn "atmosphere". RE5 isn't a horror game because it wasn't made like one, it's too action packed. A horror game doesn't include massive gun fights with Gears cover systems and such. It has jumps and a couple creepy things, but it's not truly scary like Zero and Outbreak. Atmosphere doesn't matter, has never mattered, and will never matter. Good day.

WOW. LOL! WOW. Did you not read any of my posts or something? Did you not read what I said atmosphere entailed? I suggest you go back and do that. And interestingly enough, did you not say that RE0 and Outbreak were the only Resident Evil games that had "amazing atmosphere"? And those are the same two you listed just now as "truly scary". How have you not admitted atmosphere matters? I'm done with you. You're a moron. Okay, good day. Have fun with your hamster.  

Thee Stranger

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 am
Quote:
They didn't kill me

Right, so because of this, I suck?
I guess by that logic, you suck as well, since I doubt you have beaten professional mode from scratch like I have? Or gotten into the top 100 on the leaderboards?

Quote:
Dude... *shakes head* Read back what you just wrote and tell me how RE5's Mercenaries Mode is any less "kill! kill! kill!" than RE4's. You get combo bonuses in RE4 as well. There's very little strategy involved, and it plays exactly the same way as RE4's Mercenaries Mode. It's the same damn thing. Get over it.

You didn't read my post at all did you?
In RE4, melee didn't matter at all, you weren't even encouraged to use it because it sucked so much, unless you were HUNK.
In RE4, the game never ended unless time ran out
In RE4, there was no hidden means of getting points such as the 1000 points per left over second.
RE4 had half as many stages, and less then half as many characters. (They all have different weapons, so the 'costume changes' still count as different characters)

Again, your a noob if you think they are the same

As for Outbreak and Zero, they are scary because of the creatures. Mr. X, Axeman, Titan, leeches, lurkers...I said the atmosphere in them was good, but it doesn't make them scary. The creatures all the way.

Also.

Quote:
furfag

More irrelevance. neutral

I feel like I'm arguing with a 5 year old, and you call ME a moron? I've never even truly insulted you once, just stated my facts and opinions, and you have insulted me in every post you have made.

Though I must ask, how'd you even know I have a hamster? Are you stalking me now?

A better question would be what relevance the pets I have have to this discussion, but you are nothing but a steaming pile of irrelevant comments huh? =/

This conversation is over, if all you are going to do is fling immature insults and get personal without stating any actual facts, I have nothing more to say to you. You fail at debating, badly. You're like one of those idiots you'd find scanning 4chan at all hours of the day.

Welcome to the blocklist, troll.

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games