Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:26 am

Well; here's to mixing and pouring. Grump and bratboyofmine will be working on two new ramps for me. Since we moved; we weren't able to take the one they had built two years ago. Ah wellz. Also, we will be working in our vegetable garden and adding some flowers.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Hubby and I are installing a over the counter microwave this weekend. I really hope we can do it!

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:00 pm

I just sprayed the inside of my house with poison. Some stupid ants are in the walls. At least they're the little black sugar ants (my Dad calls 'em piss-ants...) and not fire ants. If they were fire ants this would suck. Instead it's just kind of a nuisance. stare

I should buy one of those ant bait things so they bring the poison back to their hive... although I wonder if the little black ants are keeping the fire ants out... Hmmm.... Although, I doubt they'd last long against a hive of fire ants. neutral
...It'd be like a chihuahua trying to fight a doberman...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:05 am

... Not that I advocate dogfighting or anything (... that would be one hell of an unbalanced dogfight, by the way...). That's just the best comparison I could think of at the moment.

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:26 am

Hey, I have a question concerning how you guys dream... well let me tell the story.

When I dream, very often my actions play a direct role in the flow of the dream. Even if I'm not aware that I'm dreaming, I can actively think, analyze, plan, and act with free will in my dreams. Very, very rarely do I seem not to have absolute and direct control of myself and my actions, in real time, while I'm dreaming, and when I don't, it's often during something that you could probably call a cinematic to establish like the backstory of a dream or relevant parts that I'm not a part of, sometimes conversations between two or more people when I'm not actually there, but affects the dream me in some way. I will admit that I don't always act like I normally might, but then again, I'm not always "playing" me in my dreams, so I have a different personality, but I'm still thinking and reacting as if I weren't asleep at all, but awake. I can seem to do anything I want in dreams, as long as they fit within the physics of that particular dream universe, however, whether or not that is effective is another story (sometimes I can punch people and it works, other times it's as if I do nothing, but it was my choice to either run, fight, hide, talk, etc., and each choice would have led to a different outcome).

Even in dreams like that one where I was driving that I posted in the dreams sub-forum I was thinking. Sure, my subconscious was forcibly pushing me on a one-way path to where it wanted me to go, but it was only the environment that wasn't under my control. I was fully under my own control... and thinking. I could have drove the damn car off the cliff if I'd wanted (the thought had crossed my mind, to be honest, which is why I can say that with that much surety).

Then you've also got the ridiculous amount of sensations I can experience while dreaming. I can taste anything I dream of eating, I can smell anything I dream. Well, smell is a kinda-sorta thing, but it's not so much it isn't there as much as I'm not paying attention. For example, whether or not a boy's dormitory would smell depends on whether I was expecting a smell or not... sometimes though it'll smell regardless. Like I said, smell is iffy.
Moving on though, I can feel pain (detailed pain... stare ), stuff like the fabric of my clothes on my body, the movement of wind - by the way, my dream environments have can have wind... It's not there all the time, but it's there...and it affects the scenery. Trees sway, grass moves, water ripples, etc. I can also feel rain as if hits my body and dampens my clothes, the clingy feeling of wet clothes, compression from a too tight pair of pants, heat, cold, stuff as delicate as hair, grains of sand running through my fingers, static electricity raising the hairs on my arms and stuff... as far as touch goes, I think I can feel everything to do with touch.

You know how they talk about dreams that feel so real... well... I get those every night.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:42 am

I would like to add that not every dream I have has cinematic stuff like a movie in it. A lot of the times... it's like... I've just suddenly tuned in... become aware in the body of the dream me and act as he would act in the course of his day, but I'm not confused...

Like... I don't necessarily know all the events that led to the dream me being where he is and trying to do what he's trying to do, but what has already come to pass in that dream "realm" usually isn't all that important, either if I haven't been in that "realm" at some time before.

Some "realms" get re-used, and it's like the story continues some time after I woke up... with me sometimes not being dead anymore, too. I can usually remember a large amount of information about re-used "realms," including where things were the last time I was there (they're usually still there) a lot of the people from the earlier dreams, and even things I've done, even if I've totally forgotten those things in my waking hours. I'll remember dreams I had 7 years ago sometimes while I'm dreaming. It can lead to awesome dream sagas that can stretch over long periods of time, sometimes.

What's cool is that stuff can sometimes age like it's real time. For example, there's one place that has a treehouse, and when I first dreamed about that place, the treehouse was new. As time went on, the wood from that treehouse started to... well... age. It'd get dry and... well... more aged as real time went on, and about 8 years after (i.e., now) the wood has become a little unsafe to be on (it wasn't exactly well made in the beginning...).

If the dream saga ends with, like... my physical form in the dream actually like... physically fading away out of the "realm" when I wake up, and I come back later, the people I talk to (If I've met them before and they're major characters) will remark about how long I've been gone. The people in my dreams can be pretty freakin' realistic. It's almost scary sometimes... they all have personalities, they'll all talk to you if you talk to them, they all instantly have first and last names and a frickin' backstory if you bother to ask them, and react to what you do or say... plus, they each have their own fashion senses, which thinking back on it is pretty funny because I don't really have a fashion sense... Oh yeah... the people can be pretty f***ing real... There are some recurring characters that, although I know they don't really exist, their depth is just so ridiculous I just feel like they have to be real.

... I really need to remember more of these dreams... I know I could write some awesome books...
I also want to be hypnotized... but at the same time, I don't... because I don't know what my subconscious is gonna do if I'm hypnotized... and my subconscious is one smart sonnuva, and very, very unpredictable, if my dreams are any indication.

So, I talk to my Mom a lot about my dreams, and she says that I apparently don't dream like most people do.

So... I guess my question was... Do I dream differently than all of you?

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:18 am

I honestly wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Yes; we all dream differently. The reason we dream differently is because of that very reason, We Are Different. Even identical twins do not have the exact same dreams. That is because when they are awake, their minds are sort of "tuned in" to each other. Once they are asleep however, their brains are not able to react the same. It would be akin to being in a Coma. For the most part, people that are more in tuned with themselves, will have more creative and frequent dreams. Their dreams are more detailed. A person who knows who they are and believe in themselves will dream more vivid, bright, specific dreams. It doesn't matter if the dream has any relevance or not. These type of people use their imaginations to the fullest. I hope I was able to help.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Thank you for the hugs. It feels good.

Chainsaw, you do have some vivid dreams, but I've never had any characters refer to previous encounters. Although I have had similar dreams that seem to continue from the last.

I do love to dream. Especially it seems when I'm depressed. It's like an escape from reality/ entertainment.

Yesterday was free day at the Zoo in New Orleans yesterday, so I spent an hour driving around town picking up kids... I was the only adult, and hauled them all to New Orleans. They all had a blast. I had packed a picnic. But no one wanted me to hang around with their little group, so I felt out of place and deserted... unappreciated. They all apologized later and thank me profusely for taking them on the way home, especially since NONE of their parents wanted to take them or even go. Kids.

I also had my Grandma over for two nights. She lives in Alabama near my Aunt and cousin with her husband and two little boys. I made her some seafood gumbo while she was here and sent her home with a sack of crawfish to boil with everyone when she got back home. It sounds like they really enjoyed that.

I'm going to try to slowly increase my activity here on Gaia/Watumelon Guild. Please forgive me. I know apathy has take over, but it really doesn't mean I don't love yall. Life has been a little rougher that usual lately that's all. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Apathy, huh, Gwee? Boy, I know how that feels... how hard it is to come back after you've been gone a while because of apathy. Just do your best, Gwee.

When I was gone because of apathy, the thing that always brought me back was because I knew people were waiting for me to come back, and when I'd stop fighting and let apathy take over, the best way to get me thinking about the group again, and raise the chances I'd come back, were when I got a PM or a profile comment, and it'd make my phone vibrate, and I'd know someone was tryin' to talk to me... it's probably one of the reasons I didn't come back for a while... 'cause I wasn't gettin' too many messages the last time I was gone. One of Lil' T's messages finally got me to come back... I probably wouldn't have come back for a much longer time if it hadn't been for that.

Hehe... maybe you should set Gaia as your homepage for your computer. That way every time you get onto the internet, you'd have to think about us, and have to make the choice not to stop by, instead of never even thinking about it. I'd bet it'd be harder to stay away then.

... That's actually a fairly good idea. I might have to do that myself during my next bout with apathy...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 am

Hey Chainsaw; I'm still waiting to find out your answer to the response I made.

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:24 am

Well... the main thing that made me go "Wait... but if... uhhhhh.... that can't be right" was how, if I'm so in tuned with myself, why am I so often not myself, but another version of me, or sometimes even another person entirely.

Plus, I'm really, really curious if you all have free will in your dreams like I do. The detail in my dream really isn't important as that part was... except maybe the people. The detail that goes into the people in my dreams honestly freaks me the f*** out. It's really like they all exist... and have souls... It's really creepy, in a way.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:30 am

Well; I don't know if this makes any sense or not. But....
I often find myself in a "sticky situation." Right when I'm on the verge of possibly dying or being mutilated, I will envision a weapon of choice and it will suddenly appear. I'll grab it and use it to free myself or attack my attacker. It's weird how I don't often remember what I did to the predator. I do remember being in captivity and escaping. I don't necessarily feel any pain while I'm in my dream. Mainly fear or panic. When I'm awake though, it could be hours before I remember the dream I had. Sometimes days. Yet; I'll have a bruise or red mark on my body where I was tied up during me dream.

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:37 am

The detail in the people is insane in my dreams. I mean, I told you before. If you were to ask them stuff, they'd be able to answer, and they all have personalities and dress differently. They have names, they have a hometown, they have professions, if you asked them where they went to school, they'd be able to answer you. If you f***ing follwed them around for the day, they'd eventually go back to their house and go to sleep... They all have their own houses and apartments! And they are all different architecture and decorated different! It's flippin' creepy how detailed their lives are sometimes. And that's seriously not just the major characters, oh no. Random assed people in my dreams have entire lives. If you were to follow some random guy's car, he'd be going to his house or work or the f***ing store, normal s**t! It's only worse in the sagas... the ones where I sometimes am always aware I'm dreaming... and then they are aware that they're part of a dream, too... because I've told them... and they've seen me disappear when I wake up before. Those are some f***ed up moments... and they're all bound by that universe's laws of physics, but I can bend my dreams to my will because I'm aware I'm dreaming... man... those dreams are rare as hell, but they are some f***ed up kind of awesome... and weird. Just because they know they're not real doesn't mean they still don't go about their lives like normal. They're still afraid to die, because if they die in my dreams, they no longer exist at all. Unless I brought them back with my powers of god... but they'd be... not themselves... like... half-shells, like they're missing their souls. It's really flippin' creepy.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 am

May dreams can be very vivid, almost better than real life. At other times, all they are, are obstacles or challenges to overcome. As if anyone need more difficulties, in their dream life. I've also had continued dreams, where one dream sequence continues on an on for many nights.

Well we didn't get the microwave installed. in fact now we had to take all the cabinets down and redo everything, Nuts! On top of it, it looks like I will have to do it myself. Hubby really doesn't feel like working on it. sad I've already called my Dad, hopefully he can help.

Gwee: don't worry, all of us at one time or another, hit the wall of apathy. It takes a while.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 am

And yet another day comes. Today it looks sunny every time I look out the door. (I'm here at work) I hope it is really nice, better than the thunderstorms we got last night. How is everyone else's weather?
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games