Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:08 am
Hi. My name be Kathulu93. Im 14, live in a city doomed to become an airport. Im a new sculpter so I hope to pick up some pointers from experienced pros. So not much about me, im a guy. So yeah... See you around  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:02 pm
Ahoy hoy! My name is Chunk Soul, or Frigandier on DeviantArt. Feel free to call me Chunky. xD

I seem to flitter from one craft to another every other year or so. In the past, I've made tiny inch-and-a-half Fimo (polymer clay) fan-figurines, like Squall, Freya and Vivi from Final Fantasy, among others. Later, I got into basic origami. But recently, I've been taking rabbit and lamb plushie pens (basically normal pens wrapped in fabric with a tiny stuffie animal stuck on top), and using felt, thread, and tiny Fimo accessories to make Katamari Damacy Cousins. I suppose if you're not familiar with the video game series, they look like bizzare skirt-wearing, hammerheaded aliens- which pretty much sums up what they are. smile Right now, I'm attempting Miso (red alien with a bowl of soup for a head), Ichigo (strawberry-coloured alien), as well as a regular dress-up pen as Jiraiya (Naruto), for a friend.

Unfortunately, my camera cord has gone AWOL, so I really can't show you what I mean. I'll update this when all the pictures are in place, but I definitely encourage you to check out those adorable video game aliens- they make fantastic fanart fodder. <3

EDIT: *slaps wrist* Silly me, I've forgotten things! Emily below has reminded me, I'm also into:
-knitting
-drawing (just so you know)
-small amounts of bracelet-making  

Chunk Soul

Dapper Protagonist

13,340 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Emily_Bemily

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:02 pm
Let's see...
Hi. I'm Emily.
I'm 17 years old, and I live in Maryland. (For those of you who don't know your geography, Maryland is smack dab in the middle of the east coast of the USA.)
Crafts...
I'm not really sure how or when I really got involved with crafts. I've been crafty for as long as I can remember...
I remember getting into VERY basic origami in the first grade, and I remember finally getting my math teacher to help me figure out how to make a paper crane when I was in the 5th grade. I was so proud when I finally got it. I even set up and helped run a "Friday Fun Time" group when I was in the fifth grade, and I taught the other kids in my school some basic origami.
I'm CONSTANTLY making flapping birds out of anything I can get my hands on. It's pretty basic origami compared to a lot of the things I can do now, but I still love it. Gum wrappers, homework, permission slips... everything eventually turns into a bird. =P
I also really love to make friendship bracelets. I have 3 on each wrist that I never take off.
I've recently taken to sewing buttons onto my clothes, or cutting up clothes, but for a long time, my dearest love was beading. I LOVE bead work. I mostly do my beadwork on a loom, but I sometimes make simple necklaces or embroidery, too.
I can't really think of much else that I do, though I'm sure that the second I post this, I'll remember that I do something else.
I've just always been a crafty person, and I love to fold, sew, or glue anything I can get my hands on.
OH! KNITTING! I LOOOVE to knit! I just recently finished a scarf that I had been working on for about 4 years. The scarf was in my school colors, and I finished it just in time for my graduation. Haha. So I gave it to my boyfriend, who's a sophomore at my school.
I'll shut up now and go take pictures of some of my crafts so I can post them asap! =D  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Hi! First off, call me rose.

Now that that's easier to deal with....
I am... older than everyone else posting on this page so far. Suffice to say that I'm a completely legal adult here in California, have been for a handful of years now. I am female. And that's enough about all that.

I love crafts. Except, I hate calling them crafts. I like making:
beaded jewelry
(i like seed-beads best), dreamcatchers, and pottery.

I love painting wood things, and making random stuff outta fun foam, pipe cleaners, styrofoam, glitter, pompoms, feathers, wood, cloth, and ribbon.... though not always all on the same project.

I think that's enough for now, though I know its incomplete. I will eventually take pictures of some of the stuff I've done and post them... but one last important thing to know about me is that I'm a procrastinator. Not a great trait, I tell ya. But it helps me when I have outside motivation, so feel free to pm me and ask me things. It helps.

Thanks for letting me join, this is going to be fun!  

blueaecids rose

Friendly Lunatic

6,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

hungry-husky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:05 pm
Hey there! My name is Nath, 3d modeler and stop motion artist ^_^ Hope to have a nice time here! blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:05 pm
Hello, my name is Lain. I make clay characters of my own design.I'm 19. i like video games, craft, and friends.  

Shiori Odomato

Hygienic Bloodsucker

10,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Zucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:34 pm
Heya all!
The moment that really inspired me to start making dolls was UglyDolls. They're so simple, but so full of life! Ice the bat's my fave ^^

And around a year later I saw in a Country Living magazine article a woman who brought back an old American art form: Papier-mache dolls using wires and acrylic paints. Forgot her name, but seeing the whimsical creatures she made *including Halloween-themed pieces, my fav!* got me going to incorporate those materials into my own characters.

Here is one of my said characters from my website!
http://bron-art.com/pages/Russel.html

Now I'm excited to go further into this guild ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:04 pm
Hi, everyone! ^^ I've been looking for a good art guild since '06, so I'm really excited to be here!
Anyway (following the format from the first post), I'm Holly; I just turned 20 and I'm from Texas.
I've been in sculpture since I was itty-bitty and my grandma found a recipe for homemade playdough. Fun stuff, that. Anyway, I think I was in sixth grade or so when I discovered polymer clay. I started with basic Sculpey and now I work mostly in Premo and Fimo. (On a side-note, I consider Fimo to be Germany's revenge for the WWs, though why they take it out on the artists of the world, I have no idea.)
As for my specialties, I'm pretty good with dragons and faux techniques (bone/ivory, jade, metals, etc.). I'm not so good with cane techniques and humans yet though. I got some Patricia Rose videos though to try to take care of the latter.
I don't have a whole lot of my stuff on the computer yet, but here's one of my current projects:
(before baking)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragon008.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragon009.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragon010.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragon011.jpg
(after adding some scales)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragonEye.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragonFace.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragonPlates.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/BigDragonScales.jpg

And here's a replica of the necklace from '300' that I made for my fiance (the first picture is a reference) :
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/300necklace.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/Levallia/300necklace-1.jpg

I haven't been able to work on the dragon in a while though because I've hit a snag. Now that I'm adding the rings to the horns (made to look like ram horns), his head has gotten too heavy and is being pulled back. He is now about to crush his own spine. He's about a foot tall and has a thick aluminum foil core. Any suggestions as to how to strengthen the neck so that I can finish him? Apparently, the wire I used just wasn't enough.  

Levallia Lunaire

snow_monkie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:12 pm
jell-o~
I'm snow_monkie and currently 14 ><. Here in the good ol' U S of A, I find alot of things to inspire me.
Um, I love the designs during the renaissance era and currently love creating masks. I've been interested in art (all forms) since . . . 3rd grade?? ;(o_o) I visited my dad's work and met a couple of artists there. I learned about the jobs they did, and basically it was love at first sight (if that doesn't sound too corny~):]
I was, and still am, into drawing. I recently have been working with clay, fabric and other materials. So, the more constuctive critisim the better! I haven't uploaded my work yet, so no links for now;[ I guess that sums it up*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:12 am
Heyo all! I'm 22 and from the South Eastern part of the ol' US of A. I've been doing arts and crafts for as long as I can remember. I could probably credit that to my Grandmother. I started off in plastic canvas and, after seeing what all my Grandmother could do with it, decided to try my hand at a 3D plastic canvas project. I've also used clay (I prefer the nice muddy brown clay as opposed to most modeling clays...dunno why, lol) and have made a stuffed animal or two. I also draw and hope to start learning how to do painted glass soon (not that that's what the guild is about, but I thought I'd throw it out there, lol). I really hope to improve my 3D crafts skills and I think this guild will help me out to, at the very least, get inspired to start practicing again once I get the means to. Once I am able to, I'll try to start posting projects!  

Silvermoonfall

Moonlight Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

cycozombie4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:18 am
You can all call me cyco. I'm 18 and I live in Australia mate! I'm about 15 minutes away from Sydney airport. I like making clay stuff and simple plushes. I can't be bothered to link to my work yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:37 am
Hi my name's Tinuviel and I'll be 22 in about a month. I'm from California but am currently on a student exchange in Osaka, Japan. I've been lucky enough to take Manga and stop-motion animation classes there. I've also been into crafts since forever ago and started cosplaying in 2000. I sew my own costumes, but I also make my own props or work together with my copslaying buddies. Either way i love crafts!  

TinuvieI

Random Romanji

Eloquent Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:47 am
Beanchan
Excuse me...RANDO CWANNNNN!!!!!! *glomps*
    HOCRAP.
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN~
    -cling-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:48 am
Ohh. I'm currently Aiko and I'm 15. I'm quite creative and love anything kawaii. I think everything is funny so don't be affended if I laugh. I taught myself how to knit, crotchet, sculpt, and sewing so I'm well rounded and learn quickly. Uhh, I wanted to learn because of all the awsome craft shows on tv.

3nodding The End 3nodding

nurseAIKO

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

StarAngelKitty

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:40 am
Hi, my name is Star. I'm 21 years old and live in Canada.
I have done arts and crafts of all varieties for as long as I can remember. I am best at sewing and work with paper but enjoying doing (or at least trying) all forms of art. I also love to draw and paint.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games