Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::Official Resident Evil Degeneration CG Thread:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it's gonna be awesome?
  Of course ;D
  Eh maybe :/
  Nah it's gonna suck D:
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:54 pm
"With almost non-stop action and plenty of crazy moments Degeneration puts on a classic Resident Evil show"?

And here I thought a classic Resident Evil show is supposed to involve quiet hallways, puzzle solving, key finding, mansions, labs... Oh yes, I'm sure it'll be just a classic Resident Evil show...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm
The first 8 minutes of the movie has been posted..

http://dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14269199/resident-evil-degeneration/videos/re_prem_green_111008.html

... as well as a 3 minute extra clip provided you tell them you're 18.

http://dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14269199/resident-evil-degeneration/videos/re_prem_red_111008.html  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:00 am
Wow... I don't even know where to start. So I'm not gonna bother.

10 minutes in, already the characters are badly written, and the mythos contradicts the past RE games. If it was in the theaters, I probably would've walked out within that 10 minutes.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:10 am
It wasn't too bad...then again, Leon hadn't shown up yet. stare  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:09 pm
Oh come on. The graphics are worse than RE5. And RE5 is run realtime on the 360.
Claire's ugly.
And that Roy whatever dude... I mean, can you write anymore cliche' of an corporate villain?
"You call this coffee??" That's like... The most cliche' thing I've ever heard.
And it's noninteractive, so it's not like there's fun gameplay to accompany the bad writing and sub-par 'cnematics'.
The funny thing is, people are still gonna say they love it. Those sad little people who didn't like Anderson's movies and are desperately clinging to the idea of having an RE movie made by Capcom. When Capcom's writing alone.. I would imagine, only could stand up against kids' anime at most.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:14 pm
Well, I was expecting far worse, to be honest. I hate how Claire looks too. I kept thinking, "What's wrong with her lips?"  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:44 pm
Yeah, exactly.
And then there's like, that little girl. Once again Claire is put into this, "I'm gonna have to take care of a child" role.
Stale, stale, stale. Capcom put no creativity into this movie whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:01 am
It was pretty disappointing... just the preview, I mean...  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:57 pm
It's just sad that I hear people say things like, "Man, that was awesome! It's so much better than Anderson's movies!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:11 am
Yea it is. Degeneration just looks like an average zombie movie with nothing new to offer. Stuff that we've seen before in other (and better) zombie movies. Anderson's movies are far more creative but for some reason, people complain about it. stare  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 pm
People complain about them because they're jealous. Anderson isn't affiliated with Capcom, so his movies are pretty much fan fiction. And I'm certain that people who complain are just jealous because Anderson was fortunate enough to actually make his fan fiction come to life.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:18 am
YAAAYYYY!! claire! she is the s**t, but leon is overrated. maybe we all hate him so much bc of all the RE4 peeps thinking hes the ultimate character and hes just a losah! i would have liked to see jill. hopefully the little girl is going to DIIEEE!!! shes dumber than dirt and too pitiful. whee wtf is with that scream shot?
claire looks like charlize theron, thats not at all how i imagined how claire would look. shes to ...mature looking i guess, and its her original voice along with no one can has good voices, the only good scene was when the body guard pulled out his gun, thats about the only good actor. its tooo ummm too japanese, if you watch a japanese movie then all the little clips are completely japanese and what the hell is up with their mouths and arms its like they all got botox in their faces, no emotion, and with elephantitis in their arms
re3 cg was better than this crap pirate  

Azeizel

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:22 pm
The movie was leaked online and I just got finished watching it.

The beginning of the movie takes place in the airport, but it's actually not a major portion of the movie (same with the little girl). The majority of the story takes place in the WilPharma laboratory.

As for the character focus, I was very happy that the whole movie didn't focus on Leon like I originally thought it would. All the main characters get a fair amount of attention, but the main focus was actually on SRT member Angela, because of her ties to the villain, Curtis (I won't go into detail for those who do want to see the movie.).

There are some cheesy moments, but they don't interfere with the movie too badly. There were only two RE2 flashbacks and they were very brief. Voice acting was decent, save for a couple minor characters. Action scenes were done well. Parts were predictable, but some had me on the edge of my seat. A complaint I did have was character movement. There are times when the motion capturing was done very well, but then there's moments where emotional dialog is delivered, but there is no physical emotion to match it. The characters just stand still and look like mannequins. confused Another complaint was the final form of the G-monster. Compared to it's first form, it didn't look like cgi at all. It looked like claymation from it's appearance to how it moved.

Overall, the movie was alright. I don't think I would buy it, but it was worth at least one view. 3nodding

***Another note on Leon. He surprised me. He wasn't too cocky (His "shoot 'em in the head" line was only a latter portion of what he said during that scene. There's a line before that doesn't make it sound as arrogant as it was portrayed in the trailer.). There was times when he gave good advice and was comforting.

I'm sorry if I sounded a little redundant. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:11 am
Think you post a link, Angela?  

Vankala

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:59 pm
I'm not going to post a link to the torrent. You'll just have to look for one. pirate  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games