Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Everytime you come here, bump this thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:21 pm
It depends where you live. Like... A lot. You'd be surprised how different the schools set are set up just between counties, let alone states. I don't know about Australia, but... the school systems in America only have a set of basic guidelines set by the federal government... then the States have their own guidelines. The State also divides the schools into what they call districts, and they each have their own different policies about pretty much everything. However, generally speaking... Democratic states have schools that are looser with like, dress codes and stuff, but more security intensive (metal detectors... blah blah blah), while republican states are very strict with dress codes and appearance, but are a little more lax with security... just a little. They both tend to pretty much bash you for any violence whatsoever (our school will suspend you even if you didn't start the fight, and just stood there and let the guy punch you... not even trying to defend yourself... which was the most retarded policy ever. Must of the guys there (including me) decided that if someone else started the fight and they couldn't get out of it, they'd fight back just because they'd get the same punishment as if they did nothing at all. I think something might be a little wrong with the policy if they're trying to get people hurt less... stare ). Punishment is bad for drugs, too... But here in Texas, even though our school had a blatant drug problem, they never did any active searching... So I'm going to say that's only punishment wise, and not how much preventative measures they use. I'm going to guess that Democratic states do more active searches of like lockers and stuff and bring in drug sniffing dogs. Most schools have security cameras now...

Yes, we do have "Lunch periods." I can't speak for the rest of the United states, but I know that in Our school district, you don't get a recess after Elementary school. (primary school... whatever... gen. K-5 grade, but it varies like hell. I've seen it K-4,K-6, K-8... it varies depending on population density) Recess is replaced by a longer lunch period... I believe when I was in elementary school... lunch was 15 min and recess was either 15 or 30 min... when we got to middle school, I had about 35 minute lunches, and no recess. About the same for High School. We were on something called an accelerated block schedule In high school, though, which means we took 4 classes every semester, two semesters a year, with each class lasting 90 minutes.

We do have schools that are outdoors, but those are mostly in the very temperate (or hot) states, like California, Nevada, etc. etc. Where it get's colder, they like to make them all one building. That's not necessarily true though... The older a school is, the more likely it is to be outdoor based and not have corridors, as well. It's an age thing, as well as a climate thing.

... So... It pretty much depends on where your from, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

... Oh yeah... bump thingy...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:08 am
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

Wow.

There's supposedly cameras at the high school but I've never seen them; people have smoked majuanna ((no I can't spell it)) on the oval before though, that's the worst of the drugs I've heard being used at school ((mind I didn't really sit on the oval, I sat on the front lawns; much more shade)).

We had uniforms but they were pretty lax about having to wear them until after I graduated. The HS uniform is white / grey and green, so people would turn up in white tops and jeans of any colour ((standard blue, black, beige, brown and green)), or shorts, or *shudder* skirts. In year' 12 we got to design our Year' 12 top, and once we had graduated they decided to use the Year' 12 top design as the uniform top for the whole school ((*grr* much)). Now apparently they've got blazers, ties ... maybe even stockings ... and this is just a public HS!

Some fights have been so bad that the coppers have come round, but fights physical fights only really happened around 5 times per semester ((so 10 times per year')). I was sort-of in a fight once; it happened rather quickly and as my mind was preoccupied I have to rely on witnesses for what actually happened.

Recess goes for about 20 - 30 minutes around 10 or 11 ((can't remember)) and lunch goes for about 50 ((12 - 1 ish)). Classes just go for an hour'.

I couldn't imagine attending a school under one roof; in primary school each grade ((well, two-three grades)) are housed under their own building, and when you reach the next one you go to another building with another teacher. So it was Reception - 1 ((some Year' 2's)) in the Unit, 2 - 3 ((some Year' 4's)) in another building with Mr. Thompson, ((although there was a slight "overpopulation" when I was in that Year' so half went to another building whilst the other half moved into a smaller room in the Unit; I was in the Unit until Year' 4)), 4 - 5 in another building with Mr. T ((Mr. Thomas, but we all call him Mr. T)), then 6 - 7 in the brick building with Mrs. Thomas ((yes, Mr. T's wife)). Then in high school we all had homerooms, and each class was held in a different building ((sometimes even in our own homerooms, depending on who you had as a teacher and what particular class that teacher taught)), so after each class you would have to walk nearly from one side of the school to the other, basically.

*le sorry, I rambled bump*

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 am
In our district, you only have homerooms in Elementary school. That stops as soon as you get into middle school at 6th grade.
We actually ended up getting our house built on the same street as my 4th grade and 5th grade homeroom teachers (significant, because from 3rd grade and down I was in California... so... yeah...). My 4th grade homeroom teacher still lives right across the street.

And It's not like the schools are small... my schools generally had one to two corridors per grade (Except for High school... because it was basically a giant oval, with a few strangely shaped add-ons... one of which was normal corridors and the other was a ... smaller circle...).

... or...
http://i31.tinypic.com/ofrl0n.jpg High School Downstairs
http://i27.tinypic.com/4kim2d.jpg High School Upstairs

... I can't find maps of anything but my old high school...

And bump.

...*sings to the tune of "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"* Off to the shower I go!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:36 pm
Quick Bump  

Gweener

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:02 am

*le holy crap bump*

Good grief, that looks like it houses far more than 5000 kids! Must be damn expensive!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:51 pm
Huh Chainsaw that zombie pic is disturbing.

Slightly green BUMP  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:55 am

*le grumble bump*

Stupid, tedious Excel homework

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:39 pm
Le petite retour bump.

Yah... I've returned from the grave.  

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:51 pm

*le welcome back bump*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:32 pm
Alphagirl
Le petite retour bump.

Yah... I've returned from the grave.

... I hope you're speaking in jest...
Because if not...
*reaches for machete*

Marie-Cris

*le holy crap bump*

Good grief, that looks like it houses far more than 5000 kids! Must be damn expensive!

It does hold over 5,000 kids... because over 5,000 kids went to our high school. They installed portables this year, as well...

I think, in our first year, our freshman class had over 1,000 kids... Which was a lot, considering the year before us had only, like... 500 or so... I believe the sophomore, junior, and senior classes in my freshman year only added up to just over 2,000... so one third of the school suddenly became freshmen. We've actually been getting bigger classes every year... but the freshmen also kept getting shorter... and no, it wasn't just because I was getting bigger... they were getting shorter. If I had to guess, I'd say, at the absolute least, I was 5'4" as a freshman... but I think I was probably 5'6"... and that was at 14... 5'6" is probably my ego... I'd say I... I have no idea... Definitely not less than 5'4" though, I'll just go with that... When I look at the fishies (That's what people in our school called freshmen...) now... they are often barely over 4'6", for the most part...

... ...
*le explaining bump*  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:18 am

*le yeash bump*

The town population only touches on 5000.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:55 am
Hazumu-san
Huh Chainsaw that zombie pic is disturbing.

Slightly green BUMP

And yet, I've seen so many worse things...
So many much worse things.

If I were to give that image a "Disturbing" ranking from 1-10, It's probably at most a 2.
And when I mean list it, I don't mean, on a list of single images. I just mean a list of generally disturbing, with 1 being just touching on disturbing, and ten being "Oh, for the love of god and all that is holy, somebody stab out my eyes with a toothbrush, douse my eye-sockets with kerosene, and set them on fire with a flaming arrow to the head, simultaneously piercing my skull and brain, killing me instantly, and setting the fuel on fire, purifying whatever is left."

And yes, I have seen rank ten disturbing images...
They will haunt me forever.

Oh, yes. Bump.

Marie-Cris

*le yeash bump*

The town population only touches on 5000.
sweatdrop

Our "town's" estimated population as of 2006 is almost 66,000.

it refuses to be labeled a "city" despite its recent growth (13% a year...); they call it the "Town of [YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!]" with a "Town Hall" and a "Town Council."  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:00 pm
You are probably right, but still.

Bump  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

butterfly93

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:21 am

With a population that big, I'm rather glad Australia is a small continent in comparison; I can barely stand going into our actual cities as it is ((it's a crowd thing)), if I walked into one of your towns I'd scream.

*le stumbles into the GD to argue about the existence of God bump*

Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games