Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Currently Reading Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

readtobreathe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:57 pm
I'm reading Bridget Jones's Diary, and Living Dead In Dallas.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:51 am
I'm thinking there might be a few of us in this guild wink

I'm currently reading 'Introvert Power - Why Your Inner Life is Your Hidden Strength' by Laurie Helgoe, PHD  

GeekyTanta

Angelic Loiterer

11,090 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200

foxy-kitty-meow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:17 am
I get bored easily sooo I'm reading one book for each day of the week. I started last Wednessday...

Monday- rereading Broken Sky #1 by Chris Wooding (best almost unheard of book ever whee )
Tuesday- rereading The Bad Begining by Lemoney Snicket (rereading just in case they make the next three books into a movie neutral )
Wednessday- rereading Harry Potter and the Socerors Stone (almost done already 3nodding )
Thursday- rereading The Lion, the Witch and the Wordrob (Slow but good 3nodding )
Friday- reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelly (slow start but it'll be good, hopefully sweatdrop )
Saturday- rereading Among the Hidden by Margret Haddix (makes you think...)
Sunday- rereading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullmen (awesome xd )

I'm reading Naruto ninja and Bleach heart on onemanga as well...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:42 pm
The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce  

hauu13

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:20 pm
I've almost finished "Eyeless in Gaza" by Aldous Huxley (and no, you've never heard of it). It's been 'good', but at the same time disappointing- Huxley is his usual intellectual self, but he insists on using drama again to emphasize his points (reference "Point Counter Point"), which is fine, but he is a much better philosopher than writer, so some parts are a struggle to read through. Plot has been scattered and amazingly well-tied together, and characters become more round as more material is read- this book requires both an active, reasoning, and questioning mind, as well as a decent memory for maximum enjoyment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:42 pm
I just finished reading Captain's Fury by Jim Butcher. It was pretty intense I must say. whee  

shadow_contractor

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 am
I finished "Eyeless in Gaza" a few days ago, and read some assorted Hawthorne short stories. Yesterday I read "The Night of January 16th" by Ayn Rand, a play about people's morals. It wasn't bad, but I think it wasn't as subtle as the rest of her work, although that might be attributed to her age- it was one of the first things she wrote. I've started reading "Ideal" by Rand, another play (I have a book with 3 of her plays in it).  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:47 pm
I just finished reading "How to Be Miserable" by John Bytheway. It was actually a really good book. lol  

Kasi Karra
Crew

xXKristahliaXx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:40 am
I'm reading "The Chocolate War" by Robert Cormier. A friend lent it to me. xD In exchange, I'm making her read Percy Jackson and the Olympians sweatdrop Hey, she picked it. It's a nice book, anyway.
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:06 am
Isn't "The Chocolate War" a children's book? If so, how is it - and why did you pick that over another book?  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Oh My Moose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 pm
I'm reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel, which is a fantastic book, and The Looking-Glass Wars by Frank Beddor, which is an awesome take on Alice in Wonderland.

Life of Pi is full of metaphors (I'm actually reading it for my AP Lang class) and it is so well-written. Nothing is a coincidence in that book. It's genius.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:13 am
currently reading 'A Snowball in Hell' by Christopher Brookmyre. The man is brilliant in my opinion, as long as you don't mind some violence and strong language.  

GeekyTanta

Angelic Loiterer

11,090 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200

Ginjar420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:51 pm
I'm rereading the Harry Potter books. I've read them hundreds of times, but seeing as how I've only read the 2nd to last twice, and the last once I think it's time I dig into them again. I am curently on the 2nd to last book, and must say it's hard to find time to read.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:24 pm
I am currently reading "The King's Fifth" by Scott O' Dell. I'm just about finished with it though.

G O L ii A T H

I-Nom-Nomz-on-Yewr-Brain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:33 pm
So there are actually TWO books I'm reading. The first one is called Lord of the Flies. I've been able to figure out that not only does it have a surface meaning, such as the first chapter is called Sound of the Shell literally means The sound of a shell. But it also has a deeper, symbolic meaning also~! I'm also reading The Night Stalker. It's about a man who went into the homes of people and quickly killed the males and raped and/or killed the women also. It's very interesting and true too! So what are you all currently reading?  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff