Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Map ideas? Post them here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:19 pm
Some Might Say...
Not all races are in the races list
User Image
...The Saddest of Pandas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 pm
Well now they have a history and Sancius is kind of a wanderer and he is more focused on bringing all of the ancients back then just a village of them not saying he wont go there just stating that  

FryerStarter

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 am
Well I'm new to the guild and none of the places sort of suit me, so I figured that I should want to have something familiar, my own creation, I thought we needed it bustling city, huge and awe-striking, so I let my imagination go, and this is what I came up with

Map Name: Thereon
Landscape/Area: Busy Metropolis
Description: The city of thereon is home to high ranking government officials on the north end of the city and on the south side, there is endless criminal activity from all sorts of races, the east side is home to the middle class families and the west is the modernized shopping and educational centers, the central node is a gigantic train station spanning the city leading to all of the sides the northwest corner is the economic center of the city, banks, businesses, you name it. The northeast is full of recreational centers, anything you could possibly do for fun, legal or illegal, is found here. In the southwest corner, you will find gang and mob activity, vigilantes roam the streets bodies are constantly found here, arms deals, drugs, hijackings, robberies, this is the bustling criminal heart of the city. On the southeast corner you will find processing, a sort of census and excise, immigration corners, this is the gateway to Thereon, and it is also the center for job application and residence application, the criminal type or the secretive type will somehow find a way to bypass this by climbing from the miraculous rectangular mountain formation inside which, the city was built in a huge geometrical rectangle, law enforcement patrol the mountains so be wary if you are a criminal. Thereon is the ultimate stop for all you needs...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:33 am
That's a good idea, but maybe you should sort out each of those areas into their own little paragraph.
That and add an 'enemies' part to it below the description.
Also, where is this city located? What areas is it near?  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 pm
Both very good points, but I have no clue how the world layout is, so I just wanted to ask people, where this huge metropolis would go, also, I pretty much had the enemy piece covered, mobs, gangs, mutants, police, swat, civil disobedience, in this city, anything could be your enemy, even the little kid at the corner with the lollipop wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 pm
Scary place... ^_^;
Um...I'm not sure where you could place that city...Maybe near Port Helios or something? Anyone else have something in mind? Smarties?  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Durithill the Black Blade

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:30 pm
What do you mean by "moderized" shopping and educational centers?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:52 pm
Uhm... around Port Helios sounds okay.
And yes, what do you mean by that? Because remember that the world isn't too advanced yet.

`Smarties

Dangerous Man-Lover

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:19 am
That it is the world's most advanced scientific center, they are just beginning to break through barriers here, for example, here, they have an advanced communications system, of wires and signals, not unlike the telegraph, but they are sonic waves not electrical signals, as in, metal wires running over the streets transferring vibrations, which are decoded on the other end, shopping centers aren't bartering centers, you need currency to purchase what you need to purchase, and the whole modernized thing, is the fact that it has the most advanced technology, as in they are not using swords, they have created projectile weapons, just below guns, like.... a BB gun, by way more powerful  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:15 am
Vibrating metal wires are not a viable means of communication.
I could explain why not, if you really want me to, but just trust me that it couldn't possibly work.  

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Okay then we will go with an airtight tunnel where sonic waves would move back and forth and released on the other side with the same force as when it had entered the tunnel  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:52 pm
So... Like very, very long drums or something?  

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:01 pm
Yes, but they are thin and narrow, and run the length of the city, they are so dense, that in some places, the sun doesn't even shine down onto the city street  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:03 pm
pipes. Think pipes. xd  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 pm
It's a better idea. It would certainly work better than vibrating wires.
And I suppose one could use magic so that the sound waves don't lose energy while they travel, and keep things off the tubes like rain.

It's Smarties' decision in the end though, considering it's his world.
Same with the primitive projectile weapons.  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games