Welcome to Gaia! ::

International Music

Back to Guilds

There's music all around the world! 

Tags: Music, Popular, International, Cultural, Chat 

Reply ♪ Roleplay
Haunted Music Box: a rocking RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 pm
Faith blushed terribly before saying, "Uh...... You, uh..." Faith had no clue what to say. She knew she had to get her wounds cleaned, and lord knew she had some nasty ones on her back, but she didn't completely trust Christoph. Faith realized that he was a good sort of guy, so she nodded and pulled her dirty and torn shirt over her head, forgetting that she hadn't been wearing a bra.

Faith was so used to not wearing a bra now that she completely dismissed it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:12 am
What is Music?
Music is the rhythm of the soul
Every beat, every tone, every melody
Is in sync with the natural vibe of your body
What is Music?
Music is an outlet, from the everyday
It can take away the pain you feel
Or add to the excitement of a new day
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Christoph turned bright red when Faith stripped off her shirt and he saw that she wore no bra. He forced himself to tend carefully to the cuts and bruises, making sure not to open them anew or aggravate them further.

"How'd you get all these, anyways? Is there a particular story? Were you attacked?" Christoph knew that the Haunted Music Box was not located in the safest place in town. Gangs roved the streets at night. Fortunately, the Haunted Music Box never revealed itself to these hoodlums, keeping its patrons and staff safe.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
What is Music?
Music is something that never changes, just evolves
Music brings together people of all ages
No matter what you believe in, Music brings common ground
What is Music?
Music is my name
Music is who I am
Music is my life

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:01 pm
Faith stiffened a little, but then she realized that would aggravated her wounds and so she relaxed. She really didn't want to share her life's story with a man who was cleaning muck out of her body, but then again he was cleaning muck out of her body; he was saving her life. So she gave Christoph the basics of what happened, "Uh...... Some guys came up behind me, and when I tried to fight them off........ well, I got hurt....... more" Faith whispered the last part, then as if she was defending her reason for fighting she turned to face Christoph and quite loudly said, "I thought they were going to take my violin! I need my violin! It....." Faith paused, "It gives me a reason to live." She turned back around for Christoph to finish cleaning the cuts on her back.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:54 am
What is Music?
What is Music?

"Does it?" Christoph remembered how she had held onto the violin, even unconscious. A true musician knew the worth of their instrument and protected it, even at the cost of their life, if need be. He smiled, dabbing gently at a long laceration. "Why is that?" He loved to hear how people had come into music. The Haunted Music Box did, too. They were both people-people.

What is Music?
What is Music?
Music is my name
Music is who I am
Music is my life

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm
Faith had never met someone so persistent to get to know her, and she felt a slight comfort talking to this man. So, she explained to Christoph what her violin meant to her, "The man who was most kind to me and that gave me love.......... he gave me this violin." She motioned to the violin case. "He taught me everything I know about the violin, even after he died......" Faith choked back tears, but she couldn't hold them in any longer. Including how bad of shape her body was in and the stinging sensation, and her memories of her foster father, Faith just had to let herself sob.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:43 pm
What is Music?
What is Music?

Christoph finished tending to her back and quietly handed her his tools. "Take care of your front." He left the break room, letting Faith cry herself out. While he didn't know much about her yet, he knew she was kind and passionate about music. He stepped behind the bar and filled some orders.

What is Music?
What is Music?
Music is my name
Music is who I am
Music is my life

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:33 pm
As Faith's sobs stained her face she cleaned herself up with disinfectant. Faith thought, Such a kind man......... He reminds me of Markus........ Oh crap! What am I gonna do??? I can't go back out there on to the streets........ With the way I am...... I'll probably be dead within a week....... Faith finished disinfecting herself and got up; she put her shirt back on and took her violin case. Faith felt a little woozy but she braced it. She then walked confidently up to Christoph and said, "Can I stay here for a while by any chance?" Her eyes determined to find a safe place. "I wouldn't stay for free of course. I'll work for it! Tend to the bar, be a waitress. I'll even be the janitor for your restrooms!!! Please.... I'll probably die out there." Faith held onto her violin case tightly, hoping against hope that the man who helped take care of her wounds would give her this chance, then Faith said, "Please, let me repay you for your kindness."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:20 pm
What is Music?
What is Music?

Christoph grinned. He was glad that her clothes were back on. It was easier to talk to her. "You're welcome to stay until we close, but I don't know about you working here." He paused, considering for a moment. Faith was a passionate musician, and most likely worked hard. Most musicians did if they really loved their art. She was afraid to go back out there on the streets. The Haunted Music Box liked people like that. It jealously guarded its patrons and came up with ways to entice them back. That's how Coca-Cola had been invented, after all. Christoph raked in plenty on royalties every quarter from the company.

He tapped the bar, then decided. "Faith, after we close, I want you to play your violin for me. I'll decide from there. For now, rest, relax, have something to drink. Mingle with the others, I don't care." He gazed at her. "You're safe here. Nobody's going to hurt you." He meant it, too.

What is Music?
What is Music?
Music is my name
Music is who I am
Music is my life

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 pm
Faith felt a sting of hope and said, "Thank you Christoph. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this." Faith gave a huge grin to Christoph and then she took a step back.

Faith felt like she could trust this man and she was happy about it. She found a corner table and sat in the chair, trying to keep away from other people. Faith hugged her violin case dearly as she listened to the sound of the piano playing. How beautiful....... She thought. Faith's ears became cloudy with the enchanting sound. She sat there for what felt to her to be forever. It had been a while since she listened to a piano being played, and she was intoxicated by the sound.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:21 pm
What is Music?
What is Music?

Christoph watched the patrons of the Haunted Music Box. It was open to all who enjoyed music on any plane of existence. Over on the dance floor, people dressed in 17th century clothing danced a long-forgotten reel. At a table along the wall, some humanoids jabbered quietly in a language made up of squeaks, hums, and trills. Among the rest, there were even some beings that everyone else couldn't see. Misty, amorphous forms drifted and swirled gracefully, changing colors in time with the music. Some tall, dark, cloaked figures huddled at the end of the bar, swaying slightly.

As owner of the Haunted Music Box, Christoph could see and understand everyone who came in to enjoy the music. It was a wonderful gift, one of many he had been given when he'd become the owner of it. It came at a price, though. He was never allowed to help another being outside of the Haunted Music Box. If he left, he must return every single night to tend the bar and talk to the patrons. Lastly, he could not fall in love. He didn't mind these conditions, though. Immortality, a never-ending stock of alcohol and food, and the power to influence the career of musicians were great compensations, and that wasn't the half of it.

A few hours later, people began trickling out of the bar. When the last patron had left, Christoph closed the doors. He turned to Faith, then.

"Alright, time to show me what you've got!"

What is Music?
What is Music?
Music is my name
Music is who I am
Music is my life

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 pm
Faith got up from her seat; her heart pounding nervously. What would she play. A classical piece, something modern perhaps. As she took out her violin from it's case delicately she thought of something, Markus..... what would you have had me play? Faith stood up straight violin and bow in hand. She asked Cristoph, "Does it matter what type of piece that I play? Is there something you would prefer to hear?" Faith asked this question more out of courtesy. She already knew what she was going to play.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:38 pm
What is Music?
What is Music?

"It doesn't matter to me what you play. Pick what you want." Christoph smiled encouragingly at her. Faith looked a little pale, but that was probably out of nervousness.

What is Music?
What is Music?
Music is my name
Music is who I am
Music is my life

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:46 pm
Faith smiled and delicately held her violin up to her chin, and stroked the bow across the strings. Faith played one of the very first pieces that her foster father ever taught her. It wasn't a classic, and it wasn't something you really expected a violin to play all on it's own. She was playing "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria. It was a piece of which held a great deal of meaning to her. Markus, her foster father had taught it to her the moment he realized that she had a great talent for the violin. It included all of the song, playing the highs and lows. Faith even broke a sweat, playing with such devotion.

As she finished the last measure, Faith blushed a little with the good memory of her dead foster father. She stopped in a dreamy state and waited for verdict.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:34 am
Hearing only silence, Faith said to Christoph, "Uh, I know it's not a very traditional song or anything like that............" Faith paused for a moment, she remembered how hard she had worked to learn that song. It was a song meant for more than just the violin, but she pulled it off. She accomplished learning the entire song on only the violin when she was ten, and she had been awarded. Faith started back up again saying, "I know it's not exactly the most traditional song for the violin..... other than the parts where the violin is meant to be played in the song...." Faith blushed a little, "But it holds significant meaning to me." Faith waited for Christoph to reply, hoping against hope that he would reply in the affirmative. Faith held her breath.  

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
♪ Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items