Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:50 pm
Kaworu__Nagisa
Thank you, Sir.

Eh, I don't really mind smoking that much. Actually, I really like the smell. >_>
I don't mind the smell of cigars, they smell... Chocolatey... But cigarettes... ugh... In any case, aside from that, Jill was portrayed perfectly, at least in my eyes. Nicholai was portrayed DIFFERENTLY, but not necessarily badly... I like the performance the actor did... Same with Carlos. He wasn't exactly from the game, but hell, he was BETTER.

Okay, now let's talk Alice... Yeah, she's the superpowerful heroine... She can kick anyone's a**... Blah blah blah... And you say, "Well who wants to have a heroine that's such a god modder?"
Well, you know what... It has just occured to me, that personally, I don't care much for heros and heroines anyway... It's the sidekicks and underdogs that I like anyway...

Mortal Kombat... My favorite of the three chosen mortals was always Johnny Cage, not Mr. Champion Liu Kang.

Who was the coolest character in the Silent Hill movie? Cybil, not Rose.

Hmm... Well, most other movies I like I root for the Villain...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:58 pm
I've been waiting for the day when there are more movies where the bad guy wins. Not this "good always prevails" crap. And you're right, Alice did suck.... A lot. That's my opinion.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:10 pm
Kaworu__Nagisa
I've been waiting for the day when there are more movies where the bad guy wins. Not this "good always prevails" crap. And you're right, Alice did suck.... A lot. That's my opinion.
I'm not saying that she didn't suck, I'm saying that to ME, the focus wasn't on her. Once again, I'm the guy who always focuses on the side heroes, so to ME, whether Alice sucked or not, didn't matter, because it's all about Jill and Carlos. And honestly, people b***h and exaggerate too much. The attention on Alice did not take away from wither Jill OR Carlos, they both had their moments, and damn good moments.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:12 pm
That's true, Jill and Carlos had their moments. God, I need to watch Apocolypse again.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:28 pm
I can't stand smoking, bad health, ugly teeth, and so not sexy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:49 am
It's funny, because after Alice gets revived in that lab, and she's in that capsule with the tubes and all that, she hears a little girl's whisper saying, "Alice, wake up." Now she's psychic, so someone could be communicationg through her mind. So, she opens her eyes and sees Dr. Issacs(SP).
What's my point? Just this: Inside every evil scientist beats a heart of a little girl.

Wesker is the exception.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:49 am
Kaworu__Nagisa

Three words: The Wicker Man. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:14 pm
Canas Renvall
Kaworu__Nagisa

Three words: The Wicker Man. xd
I don't really care, I don't mind when the good guy wins, but I still root for the bad guy.

Like Smith in the Matrix.
Freddy in Nightmare on Elm St.
The Terminator in T1.
The Russians in every typical American action movie.

There are only a select few heros that I root for and those are defined by actors: Stallone, Van Damme, Bruce Willis.  

Biohazard EXTREME

XINVADER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:15 pm
Well, I personally really liked Jill, and I mean REALLY liked Jill.

Damn I can't help but go off-topic again. Why are the Brits always portrayed as bad guys, it cracks me up...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:49 pm
XINVADER

Damn I can't help but go off-topic again. Why are the Brits always portrayed as bad guys, it cracks me up...
I'm not sure who you're referring to, but Kane sounded a lot more German than British.  

Biohazard EXTREME

XINVADER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:00 am
Biohazard EXTREME
XINVADER

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but Kane sounded a lot more German than British.

Not in Resident Evil, I just meant generally... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:00 am
Even so, the movies I've watched it's alays Russians that are bad guys.
Rambo 2:

POW #1: Russians...
POW #2: He's dead...  

Biohazard EXTREME

XINVADER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:07 am
You know what I think would have made it better besides from all my usual Alice bashing. They shouldn't have had Jill, Carlos or the Nemesis in the movie (along with multiple other things). Having them involved with the storyline made it non canon to the games storyline. Whereas if Alice was being hunted by something like Mr. X they could have easily said it was a side story. Thye could have even made references to Jill and the other S.T.A.R.S members and what they were doing without actually showing them? It would have made it a nice easter egg that way.

Another thing, since Mila has been in those make up comercials over here she has gotten really sexy. Well, she did used to be a model... I think?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:05 am
XINVADER
You know what I think would have made it better besides from all my usual Alice bashing. They shouldn't have had Jill, Carlos or the Nemesis in the movie (along with multiple other things). Having them involved with the storyline made it non canon to the games storyline. Whereas if Alice was being hunted by something like Mr. X they could have easily said it was a side story. Thye could have even made references to Jill and the other S.T.A.R.S members and what they were doing without actually showing them? It would have made it a nice easter egg that way.

Another thing, since Mila has been in those make up comercials over here she has gotten really sexy. Well, she did used to be a model... I think?

Dude... Give it up. The Resident Evil movie franchise was non canon to games ever since the first SCENE in the first resident evil movie. The narrator clearly says, "At the beginning of the twenty first century," which makes it year 2000+. 2002, most likely. Either way, according to the games, the Mansion incident and the outbreak occured in 1998. That's why people should stop trying to make the movies out to be on the same timeline with the games, it's impossible. And who cares?
Could the movies have had some better things about them? Sure, every movie can.
Should they have been side stories to the games? No. Over time, the games have gained their number of... Gameness... Believe me, if it were a movie, everybody would say it's crap. Why? Because movies don't break the atmosphere.
And I'll tell you where the games have broken their science fiction atomsphere:
RE0: The whole Marcus thing... Standing on a cliff, singing? That didn't go well with me in the game, and it wouldn't in the movie. That's Fantasy material, not Science Fiction.
Code Veronica: The whole Alfred/Alexia thing. It was overdramatized. If you see that kind of thing in a movie... Well, if I saw that, I'd say, "I'm never gonna go see that actor play again."
Resident Evil 4: Ugh... It completely destroyed the barrier between Science Fiction and Fantasy.

The thing is, if I imagined that the movies were in the same universe as the games, then it would ruin the movies for me because then I'd imagine, "Oh, well, this looks cool and professional and all, but right now, somewhere is Alfred being a Drama Queen." or, "I can't believe only few days before this, Marcus was on that mountain singing his castrato piece."
It's cheesy in the games, and it would be even cheesier to consider that in the movies, it occurs somewhere.

As much as they are alike, the games and the movies are two completely different mediums. And the more I learn about games, the more I realize it.

But my gaming education aside, Paul Anderson said it right. A game can last 24 hours if you want it. But you won't be bored, because you're the hero. You're playing, and doing and shooting. But a movie is not half as big, in the manner of how it involves you. The movie you go see, 2-3 hours max and then you're done. It's very hard to pack a 3-7 hour game like Resident Evil into a 1.5 - 2.5 hour movie. That's the main reason why movies based on games don't follow the exact game storyline.

This Biohazard EXTREME rant/lecture has been brought to you by Umbrella Pharmaceuticals. Our business is life itself.  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games