Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
We had A good Run but....Closed Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:17 am

High Prince Vukan Callieach

The Ashen Prince
The Crested Phoenix

Vukan stared at his sister as she ranted about his mother, then she moved on to how royals acted, & used slander against others, she pretty much described the way of the world. "Well sister you are entitled to that nonsense of an opinion about my mother, but she's really not that bad. As for politics. You single-handedly described the way of the world, greedcontrols people, most are not content with being on the same level of social standing or wealtH as others. Plus people need something to look up to. To guide them or they feel lost. As for your friend let's go meet her if you think so fondly of her." Vukan said walking faster.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:46 pm
King Xarathustra of Zalto
Ես տանել իրենց կյանքը ինձ հետ

The White Glint
Եթե ​​միայն ես չեմ լինի միայնակ

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here...listen to the song of my soul... [Current Theme: Calm: Twilight Over Thanalan]
I'm more powerful than I ever was before, but that power came with a price... [Current Form: Human]
I believe that anything can change if you fight for what you believe! [Weapon: Greatsword]
As long as I can keep fighting, I'll do it... [Condition: Fine]

"That's three now, but where would the fourth be...?" Finding what he was searching for was a challenge in its own right, but finding multiple volumes of it was a monumental task he hadn't asked to be put up to. He supposed that, in a way, he had asked for it since he was being quite sneaky about how he got around. He wasn't one to often show his face, and when he did, he worked at being unrecognizable since, realistically, only a few people had seen his face before. Short, white hair decorated the fair-skinned man, while his silver eyes scanned the pages of the books and tomes he pulled for himself. A long white/black jacket was tied with two black belts, while a similarly colored shawl covered the shoulders of the jacket as well.

A long black scarf was pulled around the suit, and pure black shoes came to contrast the white suit worn by the man. The man in question was Xarathustra, considered to be king of Zalto. Xarathustra was also known as "XaraXara" to the people he interacted with outside of matters of his people. It was generally only children who called him "XaraXara" given the complexity of his name's pronunciation. Xarathustra didn't mind it at all, but he didn't mind much at all if one took in to account how he reacted to all things. Instead, he wanted to focus on what he considered his duty. There were more important things to concern himself with than how he was addressed, right? Such as his reasons for reading a certain set of books in order while he was in the library. It was important.

There were people who shared his abilities, at least...in the past they did, so in keeping with what he had been doing for quite some time, Xarathustra studied the history of it all to see if there was a way to control his powers when they sparked out of control. Xarathustra sighed and set the books aside, sitting down and crossing his arms over his chest. "I wonder just how much Asch knows..." Xarathustra tapped his bicep with his other hand while his arms were crossed. Asch was so secretive that Xarathustra wondered if he was even telling the truth as far as the name "Asch" went. Whatever the case, Xarathustra had three books to start with, so he was going to get started as far as this time went since he couldn't complete his studies in this condition anyway.

He was missing too many pieces to properly construct a viable picture of his powers as they were. First things first...the original appearance of the magic that course through his veins. Why was it so difficult to control when his emotions spiraled out of control? Because he was generally calm and emotionless, he was always able to use his powers without difficulty, but at the rare times he showed anger...he was hardly able to contain his abilities. It could end up seriously injuring somebody he didn't mean to if he couldn't figure out how to unlink his power to his emotion. That's why he was reading so much, even if it ended up useless. "Asch...I'll kill you one day. Just you wait." Xarathustra muttered bitterly to himself as he read.

[[OOC: Hello, everyone! I'm glad to be joining you all!]]

Նրանք քշել ինձ. Նրանք կործանել ինձ. Այդ Կարմիր Աչքեր կլինի վերջ ինձ ցավ ֆոր...

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 pm
Draxus Versaw The XI, The Prince of Light

User Image
"Everything must be balanced. Even balance itself..."

Draxus paused for a moment at some text and happened to look up to see a hidden Princess Clara. 'Oh, how surprising, and how fortunate. A studious type? Perhaps she could be useful... Now how do we go about getting her to help you Draxus?' He thought to himself as he looked down at his book idly. After a moment, Draxus stood and grabbed his weapon off of the table, the light he had imbued with it still glowing like that of four or five candles. "Excuse me... Princess Clara, was it?" He asked and then waited for a response before continuing on quickly. "I don't wish to be a bother, as it seems you are already in the middle of studying something else, however I think I may need help with something and you are the only other person around at the moment. Of course, you don't have to, it would simply help accelerate a bit of my research, after all two minds are better than one." Give the girl to bite on to and if she took it, Draxus would be able to continue with his plan and weave his web around this castle in the blue stone.

Draxus was holding his Nodachi at his side so as to not seem threatening, but the gentle light did not help offset that he had a blade drawn in the library and they were the only two here. He was also dressed in what some would consider sparring attire, or even a light set of armor, the leather he wore oiled and thickened over areas that needed vital protection. From the back he might look like some sort of strange assassin ready to kill the girl, his blade a cheesy signature. Draxus didn't realize how he looked at this point however, as he was still thinking of many other things, and not his appearance.

((OOC smile )

".. The world is cruel, but also kind. We must give it the same treatment."

sadsally514

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 am
Sonaria Callieach
High Princess of the Fifth Kingdom

Sonaria looked at Vukan, slightly irritated at the fact that he had called her words nonsense, and she could have easily said that about most of what he had said when they where growing up. Though it did make Sonaria wonder as to what made the Queen like Vukan more then Gwendolyn or herself. Sonaria then shook her head "No matter what I say It won't have you change your mind" she sighed as they walked to the library.

Once they reached the place of vast knowledge Sonaria made note of who was their, Clara still sitting reading her book, Draxus trying to make conversation while looking like a major creep fest with his sword out and what seemed like assassin gear on, and then someone she had yet to meet. Sonaria frowned, she knew she wasn't part of the Royal circle as much as others where but she should have known who the man was. She slowly turned her head and looked at her brother Vukan and bowed her head in apologize "excuse me brother, but I must go make acquaintance" she said "I have yet to meet one here" she said and then smiled as she whispered "The lovely lady Clara is over their...and the guy dressed like a killer is only but Prince Draxus." She smiled "be nice to the man Vukan...he may prove useful...he is also knowledgeable" she said and stood on tip toe and gave Vukan a kiss on the cheek before headed over in the direction of Xarathustra.

Slowly making her way over, pretending to me looking for a book, She still carried her set of three books from earlier, not having the chance to set them down. She went finally wove her way around so she was just standing a few feet from Xarathustra. Sonaria silently moved and then she said "Hello...." she said, tilting her head of raven black hair slightly in order to get a look at the mans face "I haven't seen you here before...." she said, clutching her three books to her chest as she looked at the man. Taking in the height and attire he wore she automatically classed him as either a high noble or a Royal she had yet to meet...maybe the Zalto King? She had never seen pictures of the man that ruled the land of Golden Phoenix's so she could not be certain. She then moved her eyes so they caught onto what he was reading and then quickly looked back at him.

Valentine Valtieri

Kami GearX

sadsally514

Reo Kage

Resident Historian

Timid Prophet

7,575 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:33 am

The White Glint

Here...listen to the song of my soul... [Current Theme: Calm: Twilight Over Thanalan]
I'm more powerful than I ever was before, but that power came with a price... [Current Form: Human]
I believe that anything can change if you fight for what you believe! [Weapon: Greatsword]

Xarathustra stood up and placed his book off to the side upon being addressed. He smiled at Sonaria, despite not having met her personally at all. "I can assure you that you haven't even met me." Xarathustra recited simply before bowing, his right hand on his chest while his left was outstretched to his side. "I am Xarathustra of Zalto, but you can just call me Aiden. Aiden Summas." He looked young, and acted in accordance to his appearance, even going as far as to offer Sonaria his birth name if she'd rather not call him by Xarathustra. When the name Xarathustra came up, however, most people imagined a hooded figure robed in all black save for his massive white wings. He was, when dressed like this, unidentifiable, but he didn't fear assassins or the like.

He rose from his bow, as despite being a king, he wished to show proper respect to those he came across. A little bit of respect was the first step on a very long journey towards what he believed, after all. "Might I ask the name of the woman before me? If you'd rather not say, I won't push you for a name." While Xarathustra's white eyes made him appear as though he were blind, he could see the light bending well enough around Sonaria. He could see her, even if his eyes refused to function. He wondered if she were as regal as she looked. Even though she'd only said a few words to him, he could pick up on a specific way of speech in her voice. Or maybe he was just imagining it. Either way, it was something he would keep to himself for the time being.

Since he had to focus so intently to see how light bent around things, he saw her eyes move and he shook his head in response. "Magic theory, history, bloodline ties. It's more specific to me actually, but the one I trusted to gather this information for me has vanished entirely." Everybody was tied in specific ways...for example, he was irrevocably, irreversibly tied with his daughter, and it seemed his curse had afflicted her as well. Emotion sparked her powers, and when her emotions ran wild, people were hurt by them. That was the reason Xarathustra had even made his way here out of impatience. The origins of it all might have been just what he needed. In this world he only had one child, so he was determined to make sure what had happened never occurred again. It was all he really could do, after all.

Hadies queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:01 pm
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered."

Clara Rose

Clara looked up from her book when Draxus came over to her. She listened while he asked for her assistance, her eyes flitting over to his lit sword every now and then. She bit her lip, slightly worried, but she didn't let it show on her face. "Um..." She said quietly. She didn't want to help, she wanted to read, but she was worried what would happen if she said no.

She wanted to cry out with joy when Sonaria walked in, but she held back. Clara's eyes followed her, and saw her walk over to Clara's father. Clara did a double take, then smiled. She was about to walk over there, when she remembered Draxus. "Excuse me Draxus. I must say hello to my father," She said happily. She got up, a skip in her step as she made her way over to where her Sonaria and her father were standing. She was surprised to see him, being that she was supposed to be here on her own. Her parents had said it would be a good opportunity to gain experience as future queen. But being surprised did not mean she wasn't glad. Quite the opposite in fact. When she got over there, her smile got bigger. "Hello father!" She said happily.

"Love them anyway."

Kami GearX

Shabatha

Ivory_Coated_Stars

River Rocker

Hadies queen

Reo Kage

Valentine Valtieri

sadsally514

Divine Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Noble Shade 100

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:25 pm

User Image

Draxus simply smiled and allowed the princess to walk off, not having realized that there was another man here when he had approached the girl. "I guess I will solve the translation myself... Ancient texts are hardly anyone's favorite after all." Draxus didn't sheath the blade he held, instead, continuing to use it as a light source. He went back slowly to where he had been working and set the blade down, only glancing at Vukan briefly before he turned and sat down. The blade was set just above the book on the table, still emitting its gentle candlelight glow. He spoke to the blade in ancient draconic again. "Keep the light balanced, as shadows are things that hold the terrors of the night. The brighter the light, the darker the shadows, and the more evil that can lurk within them." A bit of a strange thing to say, but it resounded well with the light emitting off of the blade and the light dimmed to only a total of two candles, as if his speaking had blown out three points of flame.

Draxus continued his research into the stories he had out. He flipped over to the translation book and nodded to himself, muttering a few more indecipherable phrases under his breath and then continuing on, flipping to another page. His path forging had slowed down a considerable amount from what he had just been doing. One phrase bothered him, and he was mulling it over while taking other notes. It was something of a riddle, but it was fragmented and incomplete, or it was simply the wrong translation, in which case everything he was reading was false at the moment. However it all made sense except for that one tiny passage. If he had just been skimming the material it would have simply not registered in his mind, but Draxus was picking it apart piece by piece. After a moment, Draxus decided to simply jot it down as a side note and come back to it later. He would look out for other strange passages such as that one. 'The translation was exactly 'White and Red Wings were the first.' However in the legend it was talking about how we originally got here, it made no previous mentioning of wings at all. I should come back to the passage later.'

((OOC smile )

sadsally514

Valentine Valtieri

Reo Kage

Hadies queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm

The White Glint

Xarathustra briefly broke his concentration, his gaze switching to Clara. He would be lying if he said he planned on interacting with her, or even being noticed by her, but he was somewhat happy that it turned out this way. While he hadn't come out here for that sole reason, but rather to understand his abilities deeper, there was never a time he couldn't spare a moment for his own flesh and blood. "Clara...greetings." Xarathustra spared her the entire spiel about why he was there, instead rubbing her head and planting a quick kiss on her forehead. Afterwards, Xarathustra couldn't help but smile gently. "Ah, but I forget that you're growing far too quickly for me to dote over you every second." Xarathustra had more trust in his daughter, now more than ever.

"Did I distract you? I didn't want to cause a scene or anything." Xarathustra's expression was, ultimately, apologetic due to him believing that he had taken her away from important business simply by arriving. It was the same deal as with the girl he was talking to before Clara had arrived. His eyes were trained to pick up traces of light, and to see where light reflected instead of seeing strictly images, but he could still very much see Clara as she was. His beautiful daughter looked more and more mature every day, so he wouldn't feel bad about passing the throne to her when the time came. As a visionary...he knew that his time might end before he was destined to die, but as long as he left a strong legacy, he wouldn't mind.

Ultimately, it was his responsibility to make sure she was prepared before the end came. The sun in his sky and he would see it ever brighter for as long as he was able to...and to that end, he'd learn to control over the wilder side of these abilities. "Actually, Asch was supposed to be out here, but he's vanished..." It bothered him that Asch suddenly dropped off the face of the map. He was a faithful servant, but he was just completely gone. Xarathustra would give it some time, but he didn't know what he was supposed to think about the entire situation.

Hadies queen

sadsally514

Kami GearX

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

Resident Historian

Timid Prophet

7,575 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:21 pm
Sonaria Callieach

Sonaria's eyes widened a fraction and she bowed her head full of pitch colored locks "It is a pleasure to meet you" she said and then she saw Clara come over and she smiled, she knew Clara so she would feel less awkward around Xarathustra since she was here. Sonaria then lifted her head "I am Sonaria of the Fifth Kingdom." she said and then looked down, this was the part she hated as she then said "Third Born to His Majesty the High King" she said, flinching at the fact that she had to say that she had only the kings blood in her veins. It truly didn't mater how much her brother told her that it wasn't a big deal, she almost always had a bad reaction from people when she told them just as she told Xarathustra.

Sonaria smiled "I've never really looked into blood ties before" she said, and then turning beat red she brought her eyes back to the ground and whispered before Xarathustra could say anything "Excuse me" she said, quickly moving away from him and walking across the room as she felt her fear rise back up. Sonaria quick walked with her books behind Draxus, hiding behind his larger frame as she took deep breaths to calm herself. She always found herself almost hyperventilating around new royalty, and she didn't want to make any more of a mess then she already had before when she had almost freaked out on the palace steps.

Finally when she was calmed down she slowly turned her body and looked over Draxus, looking at Xarathustra for a moment before looking down at Draxus' reading and she saw what he was reading and with a smile she said "If your looking for origin story's I would try the Forbidden archives." she said to him and nodded over to the wooden box on the other side of the room "The Books can't be removed from archive but you can look at them if I unlock it" she said, her top book slipping from her grasp and falling with a flop on top of what Draxus was reading.

When Sonaria saw that it was the Phoenix-Dragon Romance novella she quickly reached around Draxus "Excuse me" she whispered as she quickly plucked it back up and put it back on top of her three chosen books.

Valentine Valtieri

Kami GearX

sadsally514

Reo Kage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 pm
User ImageUser Image
Shenaiya Bellris Aspodel
First Princess of Bellris, Known as the "Sapphire Phoenix"

╔═════════════════╗

Looking Blue and pretty for a trip finally arrived
I'm Single
Feeling Kinda curious. Waiting on Ba'sil's response
And listening Sorry I was waiting for Prince Ba'sil's post

╚═════════════════╝

Shenaiya nodded happily. "Yes so much better! Please, would you accompany me higher? Or should we land and I can change into phoenix form? Either way I want to fly higher!" She said spinning around as they went a little higher. She loved flying. She had lost maybe one feather, and she didn't mind. If her silver colored grandmother found her sapphire one, Shenaiya wouldn't doubt she would be in trouble. But in all honesty. How she loved to fly. And how she loved to fly with others. Even those that are of the other races. Just to be airborne.

Hadies queen

Kami GearX

Ivory_Coated_Stars

River Rocker

Krylancelo Mooncrest

sadsally514

Celestin Selone

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:21 pm

User Image

Draxus was just starting to get back into the rhythm of things when he heard deep breathing from behind him. He slowly set his quill down and looked at his notes, shuffling the empty papers and setting what he had on top. "Not so much origin stories, as how wings were formed overall. They may be one and the same, but I view them as two entirely different subjects. I wouldn't use you like that, if anything I would only go there as a last resort. It is called the Forbidden Archives for a reason Sonaria. However I want to thank you for offering it..."

Draxus didn't look up, and was reaching to close his book when he noticed the fall of a romance novel, an infamous one at that, fall on top of his own. 'Oh? The Flames of Passion? This is a rather strange turn of events...' Draxus waited until Sonaria grabbed her book before he closed the old tome. The title clear as to what he had been studying, if it wasn't clear from the notes. He had yet to turn to look at Sonaria as one hand went to grab the nodachi off of the table. "The writer of that book, he has a very interesting way of detailing those close, heated, encounters between the male and female protagonists. If I remember correctly the female protagonist is a hot-head... Can't really remember what the male protagonist is like." Draxus sheathed his blade, snuffing out the light he was using to read his book. Finally Draxus turned to look at Sonaria, a slight smirk on his face as he placed his face into one hand, leaning on top of the huge book that was his current study piece. "I can't help but wonder why you have that book in your possession... May I see the other two as well? Now I'm curious as to what you read in your spare time. Perhaps I could make a few suggestions as to what you could read in your next batch."
((OOC smile )

sadsally514

Valentine Valtieri

Reo Kage

Hadies queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 pm
Sonaria Callieach

Sonaria blushed even brighter as she looked at Draxus and then said "well its forbbiden to non royals of the High Kingdom, but if you so happen to be with me...I think that should count" she said to him and then she hesitated, holding her books closer to her chest "the man in the book is a crazed lunatic bent on destroying his sister's killers" she whispered "He kidnaps the fiance of the Phoenix man who killed his sister only to fall for her" she muttered in one long sentence.

Sonaria then nodded her head and slowly moved the books so he could see them 'the Art of pleasure' and 'the Anatomy of Dragon Males' stood along with her Romance novella and when she was finished showing them off she took them back in her arms and hugged them again, looking at the ground and not bothering to look at Draxus.

Kami GearX

Resident Historian

Timid Prophet

7,575 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 pm

User Image

Draxus turned scarlet at the other two books and looked away for a moment, the silence awkward between the two. After a moment he laughed. "First time the cat has got my tongue in a conversation." He turned to look over at Sonaria again, lowering his voice significantly so others wouldn't here. "This is going to sound very straight forward and slightly suggestive but please do not take it as such. This one here." He tapped at 'The Anatomy of Dragon Males'. "That one I can help with, after all, it would not be the first time I would have undressed in front of a woman, though not for this reason mind you, nor would I help you with this one..." He tapped at 'The Art of Pleasure'. "In exchange, perhaps I can overlook the whole 'Forbidden' part in those Archives over there. I won't feel bad about it either seeing as I would be doing something in return."

Draxus would understand if Sonaria turned down the offer, after all it was completely absurd and impure. However he couldn't help but smile at her blush from a moment ago. In fact, he wondered how far he could go with teasing her before she broke into frustration. She was his friend, so she wouldn't get to mad at such pokes and prods... Right? Draxus quickly drowned those thoughts in a pool and was overtaken by a calmness, his face even, his face showing that he was serious about the offer.

((OOC smile )

sadsally514

Valentine Valtieri

Reo Kage

Hadies queen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:49 am
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered."

Clara Rose

Clara held back a giggle when her father kissed her forehead, but let it out at his comment about her growing. "Not that fast," She said happily, becoming a bit childish all of a sudden. This hardly ever happened really, unless she as very excited,which she was now, or very, very, scared. She never noticed she was being childish, unless someone pointed it out, and if they did, she would blush and look down.

"Don't worry father. I was just reading my book. I forgot the copy I have at home, but I found one here. Did you know that this library has almost all books ever printed? Isn't it amazing? I could probably stay in here and never come out," She said, her last few words coming out very fast. She didn't even notice that she had just admitted to forgetting her book at home, which in normal circumstances, would've embarrassed her greatly. But for now, she was happy.

"Love them anyway."

Kami GearX

Shabatha

Ivory_Coated_Stars

River Rocker

Hadies queen

Reo Kage

Valentine Valtieri

sadsally514

Divine Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Timid 100