Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2014 Circe's Trials: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm
"Well, my dear..."

It wasn't really as hard as it looked, gathering all of these items.
Well, some of them did prove to be challenging!

First I dug through the darkest and deepest depths of my house to find these wonderful stuffed sea creatures. I made them myself of course. Not that I made them before I met you, I obviously knew I had to make them for a special later time!
Sad to say my luck ran short. I thought you would enjoy some sweets and remembered that my parents had quite a bit of Girl Scout cookies in the freezer. I could not part with the last box so I thought the second to last would be good, alas, they caught me trying to take them and I returned without them.
So perhaps a fancy de-tangling brush would be a nice thing. I raced to the store where they were running a buy one get three special to get you one. Again bad luck and the store was all out. I would have fought a little old grandma for one for you if there were any left.
Success lay next for me at least. I kept the advent calendar all to myself. It was so hard to let go of day 25 but for you I would even give up day 24. As you know, day 25 always had the best item and it's all for you.
Next I decided you needed something made specially for you, by me. I found a gorgeous weaving, got my loom all ready, and realized I had no yarn left!
Because you live in the ocean, I wanted to next give you a gift from it. Coral is lovely but oh the Coast Guard caught me trying to steal from the reef and yep, it's illegal to take coral.
Maybe a gift of the ocean that was never living? A collection of turtles like my mother's crossed my mind. Sadly I only found a few before realizing there weren't any more to buy, three is hardly a collection.
I was ready to travel until the ends of the word for this, the last rays of the sunlight. I grabbed a mason jar and set out. I did not realize until later that the world is round and getting to the end would never happen. I took a picture of it though?
How about a gift that you know you can depend on and always reach me. I went to the local mall and got you a phone! It only cost me the activation fee and I have to pay $30 a month for it so don't break it. Its the latest model too!
Lastly I hoped to give you the stars, like the sunlight it was far out of my reach. I thought to fold you paper stars but those aren't as exciting and they take forever.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:31 pm
"Well, my dear..."

I was afraid that I would not find you anything worth your time. It’s an internal fear that grips me constantly—That I will never be able to accomplish anything truly of worth in my life… And for the first little while there, I was afraid that I was going to continue following that trend. But when I was about to give up and drift in the sea forever, I found this sweet Box Jellyfish… And for the life of me, I could not understand why I was drawn to him, but I knew he had to be with you. I wanted him to encourage you as he did me in my time of need. After I found this little creature, we journeyed together and found you the three other gifts—Ones that I am quite fond of myself. They all have a special meaning to me, so with these four treasures, I hope you understand that I have found myself in each of these items, and take them with care as you would, perhaps, my heart.  

shortcutt

Mega Lunatic

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:29 pm
"Well, my dear..."

"Let’s just gloss over the part where I walked over to that vending machine and put in a dollar for a bottle of water… and then drank it.

Our story really begins as I set forth, with bravery in my heart and the willingness to do whatever it took to appease you, my lovely mirage of the sea. Clearly you required something more, something special.

It was no easy feat to hijack a submarine, I tell you. They’re particularly well guarded by those scientist-y folks who own them. But I tracked one down, stole into the owner’s cabin at night and tied him up quick smart. I’m good with ropes, you see. With a little persuasion, I was given the keys and a run down on how to operate the machinery.

Then it was all aboard and down, down, down into the depths. There was only darkness where I travelled, my own light barely making a dent. Strange creatures swam at the edge of vision, merely vague, hideous suggestions. I found what I was searching for by nearly crashing the submarine into the bottom of the ocean; sand as dark as the sea around it. It seemed to absorb all light and even the small bit of it I've brought back to you holds that seem heaviness of the abyss.

After all that was a pretty hungry and figured you would be too, so I came back up and tried to whip together a real nice Thai curry my mumsie taught me but alas, I added too much palm sugar and threw the whole dish out of whack.

With the cooking disaster in mind, I set sailing again and as I crossed the ocean a big old sea demon came rearing up out of water. SPLOOSH! ROAR! AAAH! We battled, me with only a sword and it with thirty-two razor sharp teeth and a giant tail that smashed pieces off my ship with every blow.

For half a day we did battle, until I trapped it the sails and hacked its head free of its neck. It still took the ride home before it stopped twitching.

The hammock? Er? Well, honestly, I kinda just wanted a rest after that.

I went out to sea again and came upon this quaint little island with a bunch of spiky haired kids and a talking mouse with pants. It was… rather unnerving but they had this neato fruit. Have you eaten it yet? You really should try it. It’s destiny.

Woah, then what happened? Oh right, I travelled way off the map to this weirdo places with rocks floating the sky and this huuuuuuuge cave that had forest inside. I was looking for the deadliest poison in all the realms, a tip some creepy old sailor gave me back in port. Turns out the poison belongs to one of the biggest, nastiest looking spiders ever to grace any universe and they're not too keen on giving it up without a fight.

Don’t get me wrong, spiders are great, but that was so NOPE and I knew you’d appreciate a gal that wouldn’t just throw her life away like an idiot. I hightailed it out of there as quick as I could and still nearly got my leg bitten off.

Somehow after that I ended up on another island competing to become a Sole Survivor. There was some mean competition but I came away with the prize AND didn't have to use my Immunity Idol in the process. I signed you up, by the way and I have some interviews lined up for tomorrow.

After that I took a little break and tried to make fire work underwater, which we've already discussed and no, it doesn’t work, it’s not possible, I’m not trying it again.

Sufficiently rested, I hopped back into my sub and whooshed on down to Atlantis, since I was sure they’d have some pretty neato stuff.

Turns out that’s where Neptune has been hanging out recently, having bro moments with his counterpart Poseidon. Unless they’re the same dude with split personalities? I really didn’t check, Gods are weird.

While he was busy, I noticed he’d just left his trident sitting there. Just sitting there. Like it was an umbrella! It would have been a crime not to take it. Haha, see what I did there? Anyway, I filched it, jumped back in my trusty sub and came right back to you like a homing pigeon. An adorable, homing pigeon full of love.

Everything I did was for your delight and amusement and I hope you approve.

... I promise the next curry I make will be better."

[WC: 776]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:51 pm
1. Yukiona's Tears: FAILURE
[Insert a brief RP summary line or two about how you succeeded or failed at acquiring the treasure - length and elaboration (or lack thereof) up to you]

2. Moonlight Pearls: SUCCESS
[Insert a brief RP summary line or two about how you succeeded or failed at acquiring the treasure - length and elaboration (or lack thereof) up to you]

3. Saddle of Avalon: FAILURE

4. Cape of The Great Rider: FAILURE

5. Headdress of the Sea Witch: SUCCESS

6. Lady of the Lake Seafoam Dress: SUCCESS

7. Black Pearls from Smoke Beard the Pirate: FAILURE

8. Pearlescence Jellyfish: SUCCESS

9. Undine's Lullaby: FAILURE

10. Royal Coral Crown: SUCCESS

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:57 pm
1. Yukiona's Tears: FAILURE  
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 pm
2. Moonlight Pearls: SUCCESS  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:02 pm
3. Saddle of Avalon: FAILURE  
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:29 pm
4. Cape of The Great Rider: FAILURE  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:34 pm
5. Headress of the Sea Witch: SUCCESS  
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:43 pm
6. Lady of the Lake's Seafoam dress: SUCCESS  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:52 pm
7. Black Pearls from Smoke Beard the Pirate: FAILURE  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 pm
8. Pearlescent Jellyfish: SUCCESS  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 pm
9. Undine's Lullaby: FAILURE  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:00 pm
10. Royal Coral Crown: SUCCESS  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:38 pm
Round 3: Live Men do Tell Tales

"Well, my dear..."

Circe seemed to want to hear about my adventures rather than seeing what I came back with. I sat on the sand close to the waters, close enough for her to hear me. “Well, my dear… As I was walking along the coastline looking for intricate shells or pearls inside oysters, a happy couple was taking a stroll under the sunny weather and the wind blew the gal’s blue ribbon away and it landed onto a tree branch. I waited around behind some bushes to see if she was going to get it back but they just left it there - Probably too in love to care. So I threw some rocks at the tree to try and get it out. I caught the blue ribbon in my hands as it fell down.

Then at night, I went to the swamp and caught a bunch of fireflies in a bottle for you. They glowed a golden yellow, almost like shining stars. Stupid me, I forgot to poke some holes through the lid. When I woke up the next morning, they had suffocated to death.

In town, some poor miserable queen was selling a Lens of Truth for a slave. I gave up my daughter and traded with her completing the deal. I thought that being able to know the truth would come in handy for a beautiful lady like you, you know in case you want to know if someone was telling the truth or not. But stupid me again, I was too clumsy and dropped it on the ground. The lens hit the sharp rocks and shattered to pieces. I miss my daugther…

Anyway, when I was putting stuff away in the attic to forget about my daughter, I found a music box. It played a fine tune and I took it with me. A little girl on the streets wouldn’t stop crying. I played the music box for her. She liked it so much that it was hard for me to walk away not giving a s**t but she looked at me with those teary innocent eyes. I ended up giving the music box away…

The finding of this silver fork however, was far too large even for myself. Do you want to know how I got it? I was feeling miserable and walked into a random inn in the woods. The table next to me was a group of jolly drunk giants having dinner. I figured that since they’re drunk and have been using their hands to eat, they wouldn’t notice a fork missing from the table. Who ever heard of giants counting their silverware when having a feast while being intoxicated?

I had my fill and hid the fork in my backpack and when I was still in the woods, I almost succeeded in trying to you an authentic real elf’s sword. But I accidentally sneezed out loud and was instantly surrounded by an entire clan of elves. My face turned sheepishly red as I handed the sword back to Legolas after my sneeze had woken him up from his nap…

It gets even crazier. You see these bruises all over my body? I fought Harry Potter by the Shrieking Shack! He was practising his magic again with that Lupin guy. I ran as fast as I could and tried to tackle him to release his wand. That guy never goes anywhere without it. He said some words while pointing his wand at me and I flew into the air only to be hit by the Whomping Willow. I lost that duel and they disappeared inside the Shack never to be seen again.

Passing by a dark cave, I thought that I could take a dragon egg away from the unguarded nest. The parents came back and used Flamethrower on me. My clothes got burned to bits and I ran away naked! Those Charizards were so Adamant in nature. (Browniepoints if you understood what’s being said here. Totally referring to pkmnX/Y game.)

I traveled for days and made clothes out of leaves and string. In the distance I spotted a purple dragon. I thought I could easily go near him and jank off a scale. Turned out that that dragon was BARNEY and he had no scales at all! He turned around, hugged me and trapped me, and sang I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME song for hours before finally letting me go to continue my quest to find you treasures all over the world.

This very last treasure is a real eye opener. Rumours have it that King Midas could turn anything he touches into gold. Midas Touch is what they say. I didn’t believe a word of that nonsense and had to see it to believe it. That king’s castle could be seen from anywhere. I went inside his golden castle, curtsied for him, and presented a simple silver birdcage. He touched it and the birdcage turned from plain silver into GOLD. RIGHT INFRONT OF MY EYES! I am a believer now. If you need more gold items, m’lday, I will gladly go back to that king for you again."

I got back up on my feet and looked at her, while giving her a V sign with my fingers, and grinned like an idiot. Did she believe me? I sure hope so.  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games