Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] So Kiss Me? [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Once the bolts had been slid across Taavi lent against the door for balance as he pulled his boots off and looked back over at Sasha. "So are you getting hungry? I can start cooking whenever you like, it shouldn't take too long if I'm not doing a whole roast now." What had he been going to do with the jerk Pidgey again? The vegetables for the roast he guessed... maybe mashed potatoes? But he didn't have a potato masher. Okay so perhaps the rice with the jerk Pidgey and then the vegetables with more of the meat tomorrow? That would work right? "Um, is rice okay with the jerk Pidgey? It'll be quicker and probably go better. I think."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:43 pm
"Mmhm, that does sound good and rice is good. Filling, and I think the pretzel bread would go well with it," Lex said and pushed off the couch to walk into the kitchen. "Shall I help?" He questioned, looking over the small kitchenette.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:12 am
Ahhh, humm, what could he ask Sasha to do? "Ah, well you could put some water on to boil for the rice? Oh! And juice the lime, that would be helpful please," Taavi said with a nod as he headed to the sink to wash his hands and then to the fridge to retrieve the Pidgey. "Do you like wings?" he added as he went into one of the cupboards to fetch a plate for the butchered meat and then a glass, which he pushed towards Sasha. "For the lime juice. I don't have a juicer I'm afraid."

Next Taavi opened one of the kitchen draws and fetched out a rather large antler-handled knife in a leather sheath. When drawn the blade turned out to have a curved portion, a straight portion, and a rounded tip; Taavi ran the straight portion lightly over the pad of his thumb, made a small noise of satisfaction and then advanced on the Pidgey carcass.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:27 am
"I can do that." Lex walked over to wash his hands first and the nodded, taking the glass and held it up. "How big of a pan do you need for the rice and I think I'm going to feel like the Hulk, must squeeze lime into pulp, rawwwh." He hmmed.

"Wings are good," he added and searched for a knife to start slicing the lime and where did Taavi place his pans?  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:41 am
Taavi grinned. "Hehe, Hulk squeeze! And I've only got one pan, it should be big enough though," Taavi gestured to a cupboard. "I guess we need between half a cup and a cup of rice each so yeah, it should be fine." The pot in question was plain stainless steel and mildly dented in places, it looked like a piece of cookware that had travelled which indeed it had.

"So a breast and a wing each it is then," Taavi continued as he started to separate the legs of the carcass to free up the breast meat. "Oh and do you use feathers for anything? I kept some of the nice big ones." As he talked Taavi hands kept moving, deftly removing the desired cuts of meat and then the wings and setting them onto the waiting plate. Taavi then covered the rest of the bird in foil again, re-washed his hands and then placed the carcass back into the fridge.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:50 am
"Thank you," Lex called and got the pan out, set it on the stove and checked the instructions on the rice before adding the water to boil. "Alright then." He turned back to the lime and cut it into quartets before squeezing each segment into the glass to collect the juice.

"I could use them, if you don't mind giving them up?" He could make something out of them. Or let Sideways chase them about to he was exhausted.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:00 am
"Sure," Taavi nodded, now heading to another cupboard to fetch out some cooking oil. "I get feathers quite a lot from Valour's kills. Also from Valour, you should see the size of his primary flight feathers! I don't have any to show you at the moment but I will next time he moults one." Okay, a bit of oil into the frying pan for cooking the meat and next; "Are you done with the lime there?" It looked like he was but it seemed better to ask than to just grab the glass.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:08 am
"Hulk squeeze good," Lex joked and passed the glass over to Taavi. "Done, and ooh," Lex closed his eyes recalling Valour colors and wing span and nodded. "Very large, they would be fun to work with."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:39 am
"Yeah?" Taavi queried as he took the lime juice and added oil to the glass before getting a fork to whisk it together. "What kind of things would you make? I've tried to cut bits of feather up and use them on my sculptures in the past but it's never worked very well. I don't think I'm really a multi medium sort of person. Heh, practice is needed I guess?"

With the juice and oil mixed up as much as you could make oil mix with anything much Taavi poured most of the blend over the meat on the plate and rubbed it in well before giving his hands yet another wash. Next he fetched the jerk mix out of the paper bag, inhaling the smell of the pretzel bread with a happy sigh as he did so. "The bread still smells great! Hopefully it'll still be a bit warm when we come to eat."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:21 pm
"I'm thinking of getting some wire and some simple hair clips and trying to make some hair decorations." He could imagine them a little bit, spirals and squares, perhaps some triangles.

"Could put it on the bottom rack of the oven to keep it warm," he suggested.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:37 pm
"That sounds cool, I sometimes braid one of Valour's feathers into my hair but nothing fancy like that. Um, yeah, and that sounds good? The oven needs turning on though, would you?" Taavi nodded at it. "Um, right hand dial twisted to the bottom and then the one on the left sets the temperature. It doesn't need to be too hot just for warming the bread."

Spices were the next job; Taavi opened the jar and shook a generous amount over the Pidgey before rolling the meat around in it to give it a thick even coating. "This would be even better cooked over open fire but pan seared is the best I can do today. Um. If we go camping sometime I can cook camp food for you! I know you're not a big fan but we could just make a day and an evening of it then come back to society?" He liked the idea of camping out with Sasha but if Sasha wouldn't enjoy it then there was less than no point to it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:33 pm
Lex obtained the bread and unwrapped it, before turning on the oven, twisting the right hand dial and then settling the left on low. "Should I get some foil to lay down? Or is the rack clean enough to set it straight on it?"

"That wouldn't be bad. I would object if it was over a few days but I certainly could go out for a day and night camping." It could be fun.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:36 pm
"It's good! I gave it a really good scrub when I arrived," Taavi replied as he fetched out the bag of rice and poured a couple of cups or so into the now boiling water. "It was pretty gross when I moved in, all covered in black! Yegh. But, really? I think it would be fun, maybe before the cold weather sets in?" Rice on, timer set, pan for the Pidgey on and heating. Just Pidgey and rice and bread seemed kind of... well, dry but he didn't know what else he had that he could put with it. Egh, well, maybe he could fix matters with; "Can I fix you a drink? There's more wine, or vodka?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:51 pm
"Nice," Lex leaned down, setting the loaf on the wire rack and closed the door. "Mmhm, that would be for the best. I am not a fan of cold weather." He did love the cool weather but winter was not a fav.

"Vodka would be nice, thank you," he added.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:05 pm
"Vodka!" Taavi agreed, heading to the freezer. "Do you take it straight or... err...." Ehehhe. Taavi gave a brief laugh. "Um, I mean would you like it neat or with cola? It's generic I'm afraid but it's still cola, right?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff