Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
The gameplay mechanics and graphics were great... But that's about it.
The guns sucked... I mean... What the hell is with the upgrading? It's not an RPG... No handgun can hold 26 bullets! And the names the weapons got... "The Punisher!" give me a break. Why not give the guns their proper names like in the classic RE games? Beretta M29FS, and HK-VP 70 sound a LOT cooler than Blacktail, and Red-9.... It's stupid, really.

The over the shoulder camera was something new, and needed for better sales, but I'd take the static camera angles any day....

And yes, the horrendous storyline, complete with crappy characters... Resident Evil 4 didn't get even remotely close to doing justice to the Resident Evil franchise.

thier names were bad but i still liked the guns. i thought that the upgrade system was pretty cool. not only can you kill your enemies but you can kill them with a weapon that you tuned up.

i liked the over the shoulder camera angles a little more than the oldschool camera angles.

other than that i agree with you biohazard  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:58 pm
Here's how the upgrade system could have been better... In order to have more firepower, you upgrade or pick up upgraded ammo, much like in Parasite Eve.
The ammo capacity should have stayed consistent. This way it just seems like an RPG. Plus the whole shopping thing...

Parasite Eve was made by Squaresoft, who used to be the kings of RPGs, and yet... Parasite Eve II is more Survival Horror than RE4.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:38 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Here's how the upgrade system could have been better... In order to have more firepower, you upgrade or pick up upgraded ammo, much like in Parasite Eve.
The ammo capacity should have stayed consistent. This way it just seems like an RPG. Plus the whole shopping thing...

Parasite Eve was made by Squaresoft, who used to be the kings of RPGs, and yet... Parasite Eve II is more Survival Horror than RE4.

the ammo was different. they wanted to try it and it was new. i think it was pretty cool plus you have to agree biohazard that it was pretty cool. all im saying is that capcom actually wanted to try something new and i think they pulled it off  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:31 am
Right right, realistic environments. 'Cause zombies raising from the dead, mutated people with tentacles for heads, and monsters with super-human strength is realistic in all the other games. For those arguing about that in this game, you're argument fails. It's a zombie game, it shouldn't have to be extremely realistic, sure some things may tick people off but seeing as how there are undead monsters, I say anything can happen. Also, the more ammo, the more fun ya can have!  

AdamV2

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:36 am
Yeah, you know how you just said it's a zombie game? At what point does a zombie game NOT contain zombies?
The whole appeal of Resident Evil was that it was a zombie outbreak in a seemingly normal environment. I don't recall fighting Nemesis in a lava pit with fire breathing concrete dragon heads.
Resident Evil 4 fails as a Resident Evil title. The series will never get back its charm.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:43 am
WhiteWarrior
Right right, realistic environments. 'Cause zombies raising from the dead, mutated people with tentacles for heads, and monsters with super-human strength is realistic in all the other games. For those arguing about that in this game, you're argument fails. It's a zombie game, it shouldn't have to be extremely realistic, sure some things may tick people off but seeing as how there are undead monsters, I say anything can happen. Also, the more ammo, the more fun ya can have!

Seems you may be new to the series. I might be wrong. Either that or RE4 was your first game. RE, was a Survival Horror game, until RE4. I'm not sure about you, but mostly all of the survival horror games I've played put you with limited ammo.
No one claimed it should have to be realistic. We just tried o show that on a realistic scale from 1-10 between RE (All others except 4)and RE4 that the REs except for measured 7, while 4 measured around 3
I'm pretty sure you'll want me to go into detail. But that'd take forever to type again.  

Elliot Salem

Bacillus Anthracis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:06 pm
Did anyone ever noticed that the giant plant made of Salazar and his Bodyguard was much easier to kill than the first Bodyguard alone?

Heheheh, I just figured something out that i feel so stupid for. The giant prisoner type dudes are blind! I never knew that. I figured it out when I was standing right in front of it and it neglected to do anything. I snuck up behind it, shot it in the back with my shotgun and ran a little bit. After attacking blindly for a little, the creature lost me again. How is it survival horror when the creatures are BLIND?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:10 pm
Eternal_Dume
Did anyone ever noticed that the giant plant made of Salazar and his Bodyguard was much easier to kill than the first Bodyguard alone?

Heheheh, I just figured something out that i feel so stupid for. The giant prisoner type dudes are blind! I never knew that. I figured it out when I was standing right in front of it and it neglected to do anything. I snuck up behind it, shot it in the back with my shotgun and ran a little bit. After attacking blindly for a little, the creature lost me again. How is it survival horror when the creatures are BLIND?

RE4 is NOT survival horror. It may say it on the package, but it's Action/Horror. That's why RE4 is frowned upon by true fans. Because it doesn't deserve the Resident Evil name.  

Elliot Salem

Bacillus Anthracis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:35 pm
That was my point. How is it supposed to be called survival horror when things like that happen.

I finally got around to looking at the Resident Evil 101 thread. Wouldn't Resident Evil 3.5 have been a great game looking at those videos?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:53 pm
And it was also based around the Progenitor Virus, which was developed by Umbrella in the first place. Not some ancient parasite that was buried in the mines in stasis... An ANCIENT parasite, mind you, that exceeds anything that had a chance to be active and evolve. It's a completely ridiculous backstory. I mean, a zombifying virus secretly created by a pharmaceutical company is entirely plausible, which makes the idea that much scarier.
Not only is this parasite idea so over the top that it's not even scary, but the idea that Saddler can sprout spider legs and grow over 4 times his size in less than 20 seconds is so stupid. It's like, why not give him magical powers while we're at it?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Celestial Fox Frenzi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:29 pm
RE4 would have been better as a stand alone game rather than another addition to Resident Evil. They could have made the game name 'black plaga' or 'hostile' and it would have been a little ok.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:06 pm
The way RE4 went, I would much rather have preferred them creating ONE more game the old RE style and finished off the series once and for all. That way the series would have ended but it would have been great, then started a new franchise, even if they restarted it with the same title: Resident Evil, and just made it a whole new storyline. That would have been forgivable. The noobs would have had their new watered down definition of "horror game" and us veterans could have acknowledged it as "not as great as the original series" but at least it wouldn't bastardize the RE universe that was already established.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Celestial Fox Frenzi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:17 pm
Thats what I said with more detail....

We think alike! Mwa ha ha ha ha!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:20 pm
You're just leeching off my ever emanating mental power.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Celestial Fox Frenzi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You're just leeching off my ever emanating mental power.

I am not! I have the mental capacity of road kill! ... Wait what?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games