Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild History: A Long Expected Guild Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazaera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:08 pm
Zurgiea
Speaking of Math, I should have done my math homework. Oh well. Screw that xd I know what I'm doing there....somewhat. Wait, scratch that, I did the math in class o.o;

I'm crazy and actually doing Maths at university *points at sig* I guess the insanity is rubbing off, although I like to think I'm still normal. whee
*considers*
Relatively normal.
In comparison to the average mathematician, that is.
Oh, heck, I admit it, I'm insane. I like to think it's insanity of an amusing sort, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:11 pm
Math is so not invited to the wedding stare

(It makes my malenky brain hurt crying )  

Nimbrethil

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:12 pm
We did this testing thing that showed what our interests are, and what they are compared to university students and what job areas we could go into..

My top one was Mathematician. I was just like "O.O"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:16 pm
Nimbrethil
Math is so not invited to the wedding stare

(It makes my malenky brain hurt crying )

Aw. Okay, I'll leave it at home, and only invite my relatively normal mathmo friends wink

*hugs Zurgiea, in a completely platonic way!* A kindred spirit! Yaaaay! wink  

Kazaera

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:18 pm
*hugs, in, yes, a completely platonic way* Wheee!

It also gave me like, different science careers. I told people when we were comparing and they were just like "you're such a geek..." Which is quite true, I might add biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:21 pm
Zurgiea
*hugs, in, yes, a completely platonic way* Wheee!

It also gave me like, different science careers. I told people when we were comparing and they were just like "you're such a geek..." Which is quite true, I might add biggrin

They say geek like it's a bad thing crying
And besides, as a scientist you have the best of the best - absolutely brilliant job prospects, high salaries, recognition, respect of the general populace - or maybe that last is fear. Ach, same thing!  

Kazaera

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:23 pm
Yes, people seem to think being a geek is a bad thing. I'm a geek in many ways too, which is loads of fun. I was in gifted, skipped a grade, am now way ahead of my class in computer programming, good in math and science..

Yadayada..

Actually like school, heaven forbid..

And I'm a band geek too! Woot!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:26 pm
Ah! Fellow grade-skipper! 3nodding
It was easier for me, 'cause Germany has thirteen years of school - at least my little part of it - and one of them is pretty useless (they're going to do away with it soon). So it wasn't as if I had to learn anything difficult to catch up.
Know what you mean with the liking school bit 3nodding

What exactly is a "band geek"? I keep seeing the term pop up, but I don't really know what it means...  

Kazaera

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:28 pm
I was just thinking. What would everyone say to a "post your pics" type thread? Most other guilds have them, and it can be really fun to see who's behind the avatar. 3nodding It seems to be successful in other guilds. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:30 pm
Zurgiea
Yes, people seem to think being a geek is a bad thing. I'm a geek in many ways too, which is loads of fun. I was in gifted, skipped a grade, am now way ahead of my class in computer programming, good in math and science..

Yadayada..

Actually like school, heaven forbid..

And I'm a band geek too! Woot!

whoa! Are you SURE you aren't my long lost twin, Zurgiea? I'm like the exact same minus the computer programming part. eek
On the other hand, geekdom can be quite useful and interesting sometimes...
*just found out that one of the cutest boys in our class is not only a complete LotR fan, but also a math geek* lol
on the other hand (how many hands do I HAVE?!) I have joined the ranks of the un-mods! razz  

zylaxidia

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:31 pm
Nienna: Post your pics sounds good ^_^

Kazaera: Yeah, when I was in grade 1 I was in a class with grades 1, 2, and 3, so I would listen in on the grade 2 and 3 lessons. Then when I'd finish my work, my teacher would let me do work from the higher grades. So then they just let me skip grade two ^_^

With the band geek thing, basically, you play in school bands, love playing in band, hang around the music room a lot, yadayada. In my case, I'm in the Jr. Band, I conduct the saxophone ensemble, I'm taking music class, I'm in the music room everyday after school picking up my saxophone (since I have my own) and chatting with the two music teachers, and I also go to band camp in the summer *shifty eyes*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:37 pm
Cool! I've been in the school orchestra ever since... well... ever since there's been one (I play violin), sung in choirs and generally liked music. I'm in an uni choir right now, and hoping to go into one of the orchestras next semester. Unfortunately, there are all these music students... *wibble*

And wow, you skipped grade 2? I skipped grade eleven - I can't help but imagine skipping lower grades to be lots harder.

And Nienna: I wouldn't mind post your pics either.  

Kazaera

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:38 pm
Yeah...skipping grade 2 was easy for me though, since, like I said, I heard all their lessons anyways, and was doing a lot of their work. Seeing as I'd finish the grade 1 work in 10 minutes xd My teacher also made tons of exceptions for me, letting me miss some grade 1 work to do grade 2 stuff. She didn't want to hold me back, I guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:42 pm
That's really neat, that your teacher let you do stuff like that 3nodding
I was just offered skipping with three of my classmates (two of whom also accepted) - I think it's part of the removing year eleven, that they offer many intelligent kids the chance to go straight on into year twelve.
Quite a few don't take it, though, because year eleven is traditionally the year everyone goes abroad on exchange. I think easily 3/4 of the school is gone for three months or more, many of those for the whole year. Most go to places like America or Canada, some to France, Holland, the UK, Spain, Scandinavia, some to more exotic places... my best friend went to Brazil for a year O.o I'd never manage something like that, too scary!  

Kazaera

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:44 pm
That's crazy. I had some German exchange students in my school when I was in grade 9. And one at my other school in grade 12.

Edit: I forgot to say: Nienna, sounds like a fun idea to me 3nodding  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces