Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:52 pm
Weeeell, about RE5... It's a fair mix of old and new in the RE series, but not with the horror aspect of the older ones; rather, my first time through, I was happy to discover that I didn't find a heaping ton of ammo and health items.

And there is a scary game without atmosphere. RE4-- *stops self before "amirite?" and Stranger's Wrath (cookies for the reference)*

And yes, Areku, Stranger is a really good debater. You need to stock up, because Stranger's like Survivors. "Attack other players to gain POINTS! If you get hit by other players, you will LOSE POINTS!" Had to say it... but back to the point: if it was a multiplayer game, he'd dominate the leaderboards. It's great to watch, but it makes me afraid to get involved. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:31 pm
Stranger is that good huh? I suppose everyone has off days then. rofl rofl

Speaking of leaderboards: My buddy Zementh and me made it to number 77 on the xbox leaderboards for speedruns, hoha!

FoxyAreku

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:16 am
Thanks for saying that, guys. I'd be lying if I didn't say that gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. But I'd ask that you no longer say that, because then it's like I have some reputation to keep, and I don't to want feel like I have to live up to anything. I don't like anything to be expected of me. I think telling Areku right off the bat that I was some great debater is partly why he was so adamant about standing against me, and why he handed down that comment in the first place. And I am a jerk sometimes, and do take cheap shots. I will take measures in the future not to be such a condescending p***k.

Deadite, I like that you're open-minded like that. I actually got the vibe that you were coming around when you posted your thoughts on RE4 and RE5, and I figured that's why you weren't posting. With Areku, it just seemed like he was so adamant about being right, or me being wrong, that he refused to acknowledge or actually analyze the logic behind anything, and that's party why I got fed up with him, and then just deemed him a moron and decided to move on (keep in mind, he has me blocked, so this isn't going to offend him). But if I had been a little nicer, it might not have worked out like that.

Oh well. Can't say as I'm heart-broken about it or anything. But I realize that I was being petty and stupid.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:14 pm
Thumbs up for versus mode!!!! WOOT WOOT!!! blaugh blaugh  

The_Resident_Evil_Fanatic

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Totally  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:20 pm
I admit I was stubborn at first, but it was with our last debate (The one on whether Zelda was an Action-RPG or Action-Adventure series) that I began to learn to take everything into consideration before I posted my reply.  

King of Paradise

Stitched Ghost

Wealthy Bunny

11,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:58 pm
I don't mean to be negative because I haven't played it yet, but WHAT DID THEY DO TO JILL?!?!?! I loved Jill the way she was, now she's a lie  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:01 pm
That's simple: They ruined her. I hate what Capcom did to her character too. crying  

Vankala

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Vankala
That's simple: They ruined her. I hate what Capcom did to her character too. crying

Considering she only has like 3 or 4 speaking lines in the entire game, it's kinda impossible for them to 'ruin' anything about her. She's probably the only character to appear in 4/5 who hasn't been ruined.

Not like she was anything special to begin with, though.

neutral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 pm
FoxyAreku
Vankala

Considering she only has like 3 or 4 speaking lines in the entire game, it's kinda impossible for them to 'ruin' anything about her. She's probably the only character to appear in 4/5 who hasn't been ruined.

Not like she was anything special to begin with, though.

neutral

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but here goes my little rant thing.
Jill is special because she was the original main character, technically one of the original main characters. She survived that, and helped pave the way for the eventual fall of Umbrella. Then she survived the destruction of Raccoon City, which led to the downfall of Umbrella. A BIG, HUGE part in the series.
How did 5 ruin her? Well, she 'died' and then brought back under control by an object in her path, and then can somehow move with bullet dodging speed. Then she became a blonde.
Plus, she was just in the game, so that ruined her before anything else happened.  

Elliot Salem

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:33 pm
Saying 'she's ruined because she was in the game to begin with' is just plain....I don't even know the word for it. Illogical?

The stunts she pulled were the effects of the experiments put on her and the device on her chest, as is explained in her file in the game's library, so that has no affect on her character because she would of lost those abilities when Chris and Sheva saved her.

Her being blonde has no affect on her character either, because that is also properly explained in her file. She didn't just go to the mall one day and shout "Hey gaiz I'm goin blonde now kthxbai!"

And the reason I say she is nothing special to begin with is because she isn't. She is a very boring character to me, what with having no backstory and little personality, her being a main character in the first game doesn't change that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 am
FoxyAreku
Saying 'she's ruined because she was in the game to begin with' is just plain....I don't even know the word for it. Illogical?

The stunts she pulled were the effects of the experiments put on her and the device on her chest, as is explained in her file in the game's library, so that has no affect on her character because she would of lost those abilities when Chris and Sheva saved her.

Her being blonde has no affect on her character either, because that is also properly explained in her file. She didn't just go to the mall one day and shout "Hey gaiz I'm goin blonde now kthxbai!"

And the reason I say she is nothing special to begin with is because she isn't. She is a very boring character to me, what with having no backstory and little personality, her being a main character in the first game doesn't change that.

Well that's your opinion. And, thankfully, we all get to have our own as well.

That woman deserved better.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 am
Yes it's my opinion, obviously. >_> I said it was.

I just don't see how anyone can like her as much as everyone seems to with how shallow she is.

On a side note: I keep seeing topics on different forums of how people got scared to death by the first reaper. Good to hear I wasn't anywhere close to the only one scared by that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:55 pm
FoxyAreku

Actually, she has quite the backstory. She was first in Delta Force (I believe) after being a professional thief with her dad (taken from the first book, so don't quote me on it).  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 pm
Canas Renvall
FoxyAreku

Actually, she has quite the backstory. She was first in Delta Force (I believe) after being a professional thief with her dad (taken from the first book, so don't quote me on it).

It would be nice if that was true Canas, but alas, the books aren't canon. smile  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games