Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:19 pm

Already joining it. Making my character at the moment.

Thanks for the compliments. Much needed.

Not just family feuds and gangsters, but there's a whole entire conspiracy in this tale of mine. XD Too deep? Too bad.

Grand scheme? What grand scheme? XD Kidding. It's just never been done before! Finally! No one can say that "Oh I got this sword down by that shop in the market place." talk2hand
There'll be a real currency and economics system! Jobs will have to be taken! Everyone has to survive by supply and demand! As demand goes up, so does the price of an item!

You could have a thriving business, or be a beggar in the streets. You could steal for a living, if you're good enough. That's the entire reason for a 'merchant' class. The market will be a pretty nice addition (imo), if it's decided to be implemented.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Ne, Ne... I think at least one of you out there might appreciate this...

Chibi-style Transformers

4laugh

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:40 pm

Cool! 4laugh
No prob.
Oh, that's always fun. Involve the law, too. That always adds a further dimesion. Richness of plot is always a good thing (though some impatient people can't stand it).
With that, I assume a hunger system (possible an alcohol one, too) would be included. Fatigue (requiring your character to sleep or at least slow down) would also be included with that. Those are all difficult factors to involve successfully (let alone you have an economic system).
It seems like it'll be worth it (though it should be a separate topic from the adventuring ones).

Talon-sama would love that! xd
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:13 am

ninja And I do . . . .

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:28 am

The law would be handled by a select secret group of players that consent to be part of the 'police squad.'

Sadly, most people never realize that the HP and MP bar mechanics of a game were meant to imitate physical fatigue and mental stress in real life. Hunger is a given: a player could eat one, two or three times a day (depending on his wealth and inventory).

I remember in GuildWars where they had beer, and when you drank it, it made your screen all fuzzy and wavy. Then Halloween came . . .and there was absinthe; it made your screen turn green and blurry.

Players 'could' have an addiction to a substance of a sort. Some common things in Ragnarok are: Jellopy, Beer, Peco Peco feathers, tobacco, potions (red, yellow, orange, white, blue and green), herbs (same colors as potions), mastela fruits, and etc.

Planned topics/threads: Characters may not be in more than 2 places at once (unless you're like, standing in the line between the market district and the town square, par example XP). When characters leave an area(thread), only then may they enter another area or thread.
1. Adventuring
2. Guild(s)
3. Town Square (different cities? perhaps?)
4. Pub/Inn
5. Market District

XD All this could be added to the draft I already made. That's gonna be quite some work . . .>.>
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:51 pm

Fun.

Well, most people treat HP as an injury guage. MP is usually just thought to be a measure of how much energy you can draw from a miscellaneous source.

Wow, even an addiction system.

Well, keep a' working'! xd

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:51 pm

I won't really start working until I get an 'OK' from one of the crews to start streamlining it for mass, so . . . those are still just ideas running through my head.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Based upon my previous experience, you need to have that stuff planned out and ready to go before you submit it.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:33 pm

Really? Ah, okay then, I'll work on it starting tomorrow. I need uber sleep right now . . .

-ZzzZzzZzzs-
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:35 am

I kind of would like to someday join an RP again... especially since I want to create a story for this new character I have... but I'm way too lazy and way way too busy. Someday, someday, I might find a suiting RP for her.

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:42 am

We'll be waiting to see whose RP the legendary RPer will choose. xp
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:48 am

*feels bad* I abandoned the rp I made crying gonk Ah well people seem to be liking it anyway.

Electric Kool-Aid

The Original Nick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Argh! People need to be on.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:43 pm

I should post in it...

I'm on now!
You, however, are not.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

The Original Nick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:24 pm

That was my outcry right before I left for work.
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games