Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:47 am
thaxul
what creepy fala image?

I forget who said it or how it started, but someone a while back suggested that Falathrim was really an overweight, balding, 48 year old ***** typing from a salmon colored living room. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:50 am
thaxul
Longbow is only 16!? That is surprising...

sweatdrop Why is it so surprising?

Quote:
Wow, I was just thinking of that creepy image of Fala today. eek My mom, jokingly, said, "Hey, what if all of the people you talk to online are really creepy old guys?"

xd My parents have said similar things... Of course they have reason to. I use a piece of software called TeamSpeak when playing FPS games online. It lets you speak to other people on the server while playing.(It's quite good fun when playing matches against other teams, and being able to give/take orders... telling people where you were shot down... using tactics...etc.) And quite a few of the people who go on there are 20-30ish. (I use speakers, not headphones, so my parents can here everything if they're outside of the room).  

Khorkalba

curumo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:03 am
Number: 6

I thought you were older because you said you were in college. Didn't occur to me that the system might be different... xp

And sweet monkey Tuesdays! I've been off the computer for two days and the thread grows so much. Man. And I'm surprised that no one's pointed a finger at me for storing information about guild members on my computer...

Though I'm glad I don't come off as a 48 year old man.

Also, I need a some days off this Tuesday and Wednesday. Anyone have the power to help me out? xp sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:19 am
curumo
Number: 6

I thought you were older because you said you were in college. Didn't occur to me that the system might be different... xp

Yeah, the system in England is quite different. We have lower school (4-9/10yrs old), middle school (10-14yrs old), Upper school (14-16+ yrs old). At 16 you either get a job, stay at school (6th Form) or go to college for upto two years, then after college possibly go to university.

...Something like that anyway. xp I think the Midde school part is joined onto Lower school now. It was changed recently I believe.  

Khorkalba

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:32 am
Educational systems frighten me. A lot. gonk crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:38 am
Menegil
Educational systems frighten me. A lot. gonk crying

They're shite, I know... As I said a few pages back, I wish they would bring the cane and strict punishment back. xp It would solve all of the problems.  

Khorkalba

Thaxul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:52 am
Yeah, 'cause you said you were in college made me think you were like 20 or so.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:47 pm
Nienna of the Valar
thaxul
what creepy fala image?

I forget who said it or how it started, but someone a while back suggested that Falathrim was really an overweight, balding, 48 year old ***** typing from a salmon colored living room. 3nodding

It was from a dream xd

I'll be graduating from high school when I'm 17...my brother will be 18 when he graduates.

17 for me because I skipped a grade *phwee*  

Zurgi

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:52 pm
Akiyo
You act it? I dunno.
And I don't have a face to ascociate age with. For example, Falathrim still looks like a balding, fat, 48 year old ***** who knows my adress, phone number and social insurance number.

A balding, fat, 48 year old *****? Why, I've never been so insulte din all my life! Say anything of that sort again, and you shall regret it. After all...

I know where you live!

Is there an actual pic, or are you jsut talking about a hypothetical one? Been gone for the past few days still catching up...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:03 pm
Falathrim, the image of you as a ***** and whatnot is from the dream someone had a while ago...where a few of us were hanging out and then randomly in your salmon coloured basement and you were a ***** 48 year old...yeah. Remember?  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:37 pm
Darth Christopher Vader Anakin Rudolph Tolkien-Skywalker the hair impaired Red-nosed Reindeer and 48 year old, overweight *****> xd ...the title grows ever longer.

Quote:
I'll be graduating from high school when I'm 17...my brother will be 18 when he graduates.

Still at school at 17/18? sweatdrop That is an odd system...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:51 pm
Longbow UK
Darth Christopher Vader Anakin Rudolph Tolkien-Skywalker the hair impaired Red-nosed Reindeer and 48 year old, overweight *****> xd ...the title grows ever longer.

Quote:

Still at school at 17/18? sweatdrop That is an odd system...

In the US, kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades are in Elementary school, 6th, 7th, and 8th are in middle school, and 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th are in high school. Then, you can either get a job or go to college. 3nodding

I'll be 17 still when I graduate, since my birthday is August 1st. I'm in 12th grade. 3nodding  

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:54 pm
Most schools do it that way. Occasionally, you come across the school district that will do it differently for who knows why. Like mine did:

ELEMENTARY K-6
JUNIOR HIGH: 7-9
HIGH SCHOOL 10-12

No clue why.

And my mom was the 'attendance lady' so I never got to do any of that skipping school stuff everyone else enjoys. :/

~~~

EDIT: I was considering making a discussion on the Valar, but seeing that in the two days I was away without leave a few decent threads popped up, I think I'll put that on hold for awhile.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:54 pm
Ours is basically the same as the American system, except after high school you can go to College, or University, both of which are actually different. College tends to be more of teaching you skills you need to know for the job..

University is more academics, knowledge rather than skills.

At least from what I've been told.  

Zurgi

Caeleste

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:05 pm
Pre-maternelle, maternelle, premiere to sixieme annee, secondaire 1 to 5.
(Pre-K, K, gr.1 -6, gr. 7-11.)
Then Cegep/College and University.

And that was my dream. And we were in Nimby's basement, as I recall. Then we all went upstairs and Falathrim was creepy.
Yep.

EDIT: Pick a number Falathrim. Or I will get a restraining order on your ***** rear.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games