Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:07 pm
Zurgi
Ours is basically the same as the American system, except after high school you can go to College, or University, both of which are actually different. College tends to be more of teaching you skills you need to know for the job..

University is more academics, knowledge rather than skills.

At least from what I've been told.

In England it's a requirement to go to college before University. You don't get the choice between the two when you leave school. At college you can either take a BTEC course (usually more practical, and ideal for people who are going to get jobs straight after college). Or you can take A-levels, which is what i'm currently taking. (usually more academic, and ideal for people who are going to University after college).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:09 pm
I'll be 18 when i finish school.

We have eight years of primary school, I started when I was six, and finished when i was 12. Then you go to secondary school, where it is either 5/6 years there, depending on whether or not you do the optional fourth year, I did that.  

Thaxul

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:46 pm
xd xd xd

I'm watching Animal House right now. It's the end, at the parade. whee

*is on the floor laughing*
xd heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:39 pm
Does anyone mind if I make a trivia topic?  

ADubiousSource

zylaxidia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:43 pm
We have one....somewhere down the page. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:44 pm
Okay thankyou, that's why I asked.  

ADubiousSource

ADubiousSource

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:45 pm
Oops, Sorry!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:27 pm
Hey, guess what everyone?

Today, Gandalf the Grey fell into shadow after facing the Balrog. heart  

curumo

Elainya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:43 pm
Today Gandalf fell into the pit in Moria? Great--yet another tragety to befall on my birthday.

I'm collecting a list of all the s**t that's happened on my birthday. Operation Desert Storm began in '91 on my birthday. I remember that my family was in Germany and we were worried that we wouldn't be able to get home.

In '94 there was that earthquake in Los Angeles. It was pretty big, and it was felt by me, about 100 miles away. It's notible because I remember that I got my presents at 4 AM that day. ^,^ We were all awake watching the news anyway.

Now I find out that Gandalf fought the Balrog? Spiffy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:56 pm
Actually, I believe that was yesterday. Today, the Fellowship would be coming to Caras Galadhon. Darn you, Tolkien, for using a calendar that's one or two days off from ours! Darn you I say!

I love him too much to damn him.

Happy birthday!  

Falathrim

Imyavie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:09 pm
Happy birthday Elainya!

*gives her 'the one ring' cake*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:10 pm
Happy Birthday Elainya! *throws confetti*  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:11 pm
Happy birthday, Elainya!

Falathrim, do you know all of this stuff offhand? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:12 pm
I knew that the dates in the appendix are a day or two off. I referenced EoA and the appendixes to figure out what exactly happended.  

Falathrim

Imyavie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:13 pm
On the offchance that someone does not want free publicity for their quest, here's the chance to say whether you do or not, because in my quest I have a post set up where I give out other people's quest links...  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games