Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:36 pm
Yeah? Any other details to it? We tried something like this before and it flopped.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm
Ooooor I could just invite some people.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 pm
Everyone's invited to invite others here.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:16 pm
oooh, speak of invites, Ukyo, you wanna try a new game tonight? I'll join ya on it if you do, and I promise, there's a REALLY REALLY low risk of spiders. it's more likely to be space carp that try to murder you.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 pm
Um...Sure?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 pm
space carp?  

divine_chaos666

Unbeatable Shapeshifter

20,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 pm
Ok, good, now, before I give you any further details, I need to ask a quick question.

Are you ok with playing a game where, at any given moment, you may...

Die from lack of oxygen.
Die due to lack of pressure in space.
Die due to too much oxygen.
Die due to too much pressure on the space station.
Die from some random noob taking a crowbar or other similarly heavy or hard object to your head.
Die because you got caught in a viral outbreak
Die because a space carp came barreling through a window causing both of the first two causes listed above as well as from it eating your chest while you're alive.
Die because the machines have decided to overthrow their fleshbag creators.
Die because a singularity, a self contained black hole used to power the station has broken it's containment and is EATING the station.
Die because you got stabbed with poison for use as a distraction.
Die because a changeling decided to drain your fluids.
Die because a vampire has decided to make you a snack.
Die because of abuse by the security force.
Die because a traitor decided to murder you with any random item they could.
Die because of a botched operation leading to possible cloning.
Die because the roboticist is a traitor and decided he needed more machine minions.
Die because the slimes have broken free from Xenobiology and are attacking the crew.
Die because a rogue combat drone wing has shown up near the station.
Die because some fool engineer decided to open and leave open a highly radioactive crystal in the main hallways and you either walk past it, and die of radiation, or walk into it and vaporize on contact.
Die thanks to killer tomatoes.
Die because you were framed for a capital offense and was given the death penalty
Die because you slipped and slid out an open air lock
Die because the chef decided you made a tasty burger and shoved you into the meat grinder.
Die because you accidently decided to mock the clown and they abducted you for hilarious torture.
Die because the mime has made an invisible wall preventing you from escaping another threat.
Die because of a raging fire engulfing all of the main hallways.
Die because a scientist decided to see what happens when you put a bag of holding inside another bag of holding.
Die because a cult has risen and needed a blood sacrifice.
Die because the cult didn't need any more blood sacrifices and summoned their eldritch abomination of a god.
Die because a rebel strike team has decided to hit the station and get the nuclear authentication disk.
Die because the strike team HAS the disk and uses it to drop off a live nuke on the station.
Die because you went into a teleporter portal that spat you into space.
Die because you went into a teleporter, got unlucky, and got killed by the transfer.
Die because you went into a wormhole and it spat you out into a wall where you were crushed.
Die because you wouldn't join a rebellion.
Die because you decided to see where the gateway led and it was not favorable.
Die because a goliath showed up nearby and killed everything that moved close to it.
Die because some fool decided to force alcohol down your throat nonstop.
Die because you were unfortunate enough to be in the same space as the escape shuttle arrives in when it arrived.
or die because of an unfathomable number of other reasons I've not listed?

On a round by round basis with methods of being revived, that is.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:41 pm
O_O So many unpleasant ways to go. What game is this?  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:42 pm
it's called space station 13, and those are all just ways from the RP server I play on. other servers have different methods, like ones that run goon code have options like having your a** blown off with enough force to kill someone.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 pm
O.O what is happening....so many ways to die  

JaeJae09

Magnetic Fatcat

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Okay...I'd be willing to try it, but I don't have that game.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:53 pm
that's ok, it's free! it's on an admittedly clunky engine known as the Byond engine, and you can get it by downloading the Byond launcher. and to clarify, most of those deaths are either honest to god exciting enough to get your heart racing, or so stupid/hilarious you can only go "Wooooow"

the basis of the game is basically that you're a member of the crew aboard a clunky, decrepit heap of a death trap that's masquerading as a space station, and your job, unless you get antagonist of some sort, is to survive, preferably by doing your assigned job on the station. there's of course all manners of way this can go horribly wrong, and even more ways it can be sabotaged, with each round having a random kind of antagonist assigned who'll have tasks ranging from simple "steal X" to "eat this many crew members" or even weirder ones, most of which you need to do without letting the security department find out you're doing it, or at the least, not let them catch you.

The thing about it is, it's so insanely detailed in what you CAN do that you can probably do it. this includes making a HUGE number of different weapons, tools, traps, gadgets, and any number of god knows what else. my explanation really cant do it justice.

Case in point, I play as the captain a fair bit, and I got my leg broken by a huge slime that I had to fight to rescue the xenobiologist during one of their more successful shifts. well, I went to medbay, and had surgery to fix it, and when I woke up, everything I said was put through the radio automatically without any way for me to shut it off.

turns out, just cause, the surgeon had left a radio inside me somewhere during the operation while I was anesthetized, turned on, so I would forever be talking into the radio. I could only laugh, facepalm, and threaten to have him arrested. XD the round ended not long after that though.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 pm
Uhh...Sounds a bit too much like Gary's Mod. I think I'll pass. I can't stand that game.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 pm
oh, lol, no no, it's nothing like Garry's mod. it's closer to Trouble in terrorist town(still Gmod, admittedly, but not the same as it's sandbox mode.), meets dwarf fortress. in a good way. you don't HAVE to know anything about how to actually make things, or how they interact, beyond "you use what's in the hand you have selected on whatever you click on." with very little variation on that general rule.

I'd recommend at least giving it a try, it's honest to god probably one of the most hilarious things I've ever played.

Just be aware it's rounds can take a while so you may not be there for a whole round if you start at or near the beginning of one.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:04 pm
Err...I'm not one for 'rounds'. It reminds me too much of Gmod. I prefer RP when it comes to games like that, and more Minecraft-esque elements. That game seems to carry none of that. I'm assuming it's a first person thing like Gmod and MC.  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games