Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 pm
Just when we were talking about it, that's when we found out.

And that's BSAA Jill, not S.T.A.R.S. Jill.

Mercs Reunion gameplay videos!

Josh Stone

Excella Gionne

Barry Burton

Rebecca Chambers

Few things:

I love Excella's melees. It's obvious they put her in for laughs, and I think it'll be a lot of fun to play as her.

Josh bleeds badassery. He was like Luis to RE4 (one of the few people I did like in that game), only now he can really ******** people up.

BARRY!! Pretty sure this is him being the embodiment of pure, unadulterated, testosterone-driven manliness. The epic headbutt to the epic pistol-whip with his magnum, or just pulling out his magnum and popping them on the ground saying "I have THIS!!". Absolutely ******** amazing.

REBECCA!! She and Barry showcase that there is still love for the old-school fans. I mean, Barry's lines scream RE1, and not just REmake RE1. I'm talking the original. Look at the way Rebecca melees people on the ground, kicking them like they kicked zombies eating them on the ground. Then, one of her melees is the spray can she blasted Chris with in RE1. That's awesome! Also... FLAMETHROWER SPRAY! biggrin I can't wait to get my hands on this!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:10 am

The old school Fan service brings tears
to my eyes.
TTwTT

Lawl.
Excella = Fail.

I swear to god,
if Barry says one Sandwitch joke
my view on capcom will change
and turn for the better
for a WHILE.

il Kaori li

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:57 am
Totally. Except I don't think I really like the guy who's voicing Barry. They shoulda dug up the dude from the original. But that's nitpicking, and, yeah, those lines... ******** awesome. And yes, pure RE1. REmake Barry's got nothing on RE1 Barry. I just hope his trademark magnum isn't restricted to only those melee attacks...

And that is quite cool they gave Rebecca the spray attack. xd I'm also really looking forward to the Lost in Nightmares chapter.

But I could care less about Josh or Excella, or anyone else RE5 introduced. Because as a whole, RE5 is a big fat "meh" to me. The oldschool fan service does bring a tear to the eye, it's just too bad I can't say the same about the rest of RE5. Not even taking into account the generic, co-op action gameplay and the practically non-existent horror element, the storyline was pretty s**t. Its heart was in the right place, and the end result was the logical conclusion I wanted to see, but it's how you get there that counts. And getting there, well... to quote some random review I read on the net, "if it were a movie, it would've been made by Michael Bay".

Here's a pretty hilarious plot summary some IGN user wrote for it: Resident Evil 5 Abridged (Spoiler Warning)

Chris' new "Heavy Metal" outfit is funny, though. I mean, RE5 was always trying to be Gears of War as it is. They already made Chris grotesquely, overly-buff to fit right in with the likes of Marcus Phoenix and the other testosterone/steroid-fuled space marines from Gears of War. With this outfit, now you can take it to the next extreme. Now, you could stick Chris' character model in Gears of War, and the transition would be seamless. Except Chris wouldn't be able to move and shoot at the same time. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:42 pm
So I've played through Lost in Nightmares.

Wow.

...Why the hell couldn't RE5 have been more like that? It used the over-the-shoulder style perfectly with the slower-paced mansion area. Going through it was a lot of fun, felt very old-school. No upgrading weapons at all, you just found what was laid around... which is made even better by the fact that it's (supposedly) randomized everytime.

The enemy they used, the Guardian of Insanity... I was expecting an Executioner reskin, but boy was I wrong. Let me just say, if you get grabbed by one... your partner better be really close by and get you fast. It makes for intense moments, especially in the cramped corridors of the underground.

There are a few files that shed actually a lot of light on what's been going on with Spencer, which is cool.

And as expected, Mercs Reunion is a ton of fun! The new music gets me all pumped up to play as the new characters. So far it's just Fairy Tale Sheva, Warrior Chris, Barry, and Excella. Surprisingly, all four are really fun to play as. And as an added bonus, if you team certain people, melee attacks change! Like Barry and Chris. Instead of an uppercut, Chris performs the Rising Upper... which is ridiculously powerful. And instead of a neck breaker, he does an epic elbow attack. Meanwhile, instead of Barry's normal melee, he does the Lights Out, basically the "use both hands and hook the dude hardcore" move. It's sick.

Excella's actually a ton of fun to play as, like I thought she would be. Her melees are slow, but almost all of them are instant kills. What you didn't see in that injection melee is that it's Uroboros, which then swarms the person's body and causes them to explode after a few seconds, killing everyone around them. That's awesome. biggrin

Oh, and when you play Lost in Nightmares... Check the front door in the main hall three or four times for a little surprise (no, it isn't the dogs. razz )  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

bushinmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:56 am
By any chance did the add any costumes to Rebecca ad Barry for th Reunion also no one knows what happened with Barry and Rebecca in the seriesdid they just die off or something?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:40 am
Excella and Barry come with Lost in Nightmares, and Josh and Rebecca will come with Desperate Escape. As for them in the series, chances are Capcom just opened up their closet and threw them in with half of the other protagonists (Carlos, Billy, etc.)  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 am
H'oh, man. Yeah, I gotta say... Lost in Nightmares was ******** awesome. It was like the game RE5 should have been. My only gripe: Too damn short! Well, there's also a few nitpicky things... the Guardian pretty much was an Executioner reskin, and I would have liked to see some more enemy variety. Like Hunters and (real) zombies. But really, it was ******** awesome. It's such a throwback to the original that it even goes to the point of being non-sensical (how the hell did Keeper's Diary get there...?). But the one thing that blew me away was when I tried exiting the mansion and then I got the "?". I completely stumbled upon this on my own, and it was ******** awesome.

Also, I played through with Barry a few times in Merc Reunion. Very cool, of course. But it's kinda lame you can't use the Reunion characters with the originals. I'll never be able to do a Chris/Barry S.T.A.R.S. team-up.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:27 pm
Quote:
I love Excella's melees. It's obvious they put her in for laughs, and I think it'll be a lot of fun to play as her.

Still think she's just for laughs now that she's widely accepted as the best character? blaugh

hehe, just giving you a hard time. Was funny running into you in versus a month or so ago btw. We should actually play sometime, wish my friendslist wasn't full, but that shouldn't stop us.  

FoxyAreku

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 pm
Yeah, that was kinda funny. But when I first tried to add you, how was your friends list full? You didn't have 100 friends... xd And it's hard to play when I never know you're online. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 pm
Canas thanks for displaying Barry's Video. Love the pistol whipping and head butt. Also Rebecca....even in RE0 she still seemed so innocent...but now I'm not so sure. I mean her melee atk with her knee....well I think she's grown up with a lot of bad boy friend experiences and created a natural defense by amking sure they don't have babies anymore...no seriously look at the height of her leg. It's definitely the egg sack crushing with teh knee technique....and she used to be so innocent to.....*gets spray canned.* Aghh my eyes!!! I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult you!!edit: Also her punching technique......well it it was any lower I would feel slightly sorry for those parasite holders...that is to say if they still had any of those.  

Alkaizer87

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm
Moneneko
Well whatever the main enemies if RE5 are, it should be intresting. My working theory is that the creatures it shows chasing Chris are creatures created by infecting the Plagas with the T-Virus, and then using them to infect the humans, and Chris happened to stumble into the town Wesker decided to use for his testing.
The setting looks like it takes place in an old style Mexican town (I don't know why, it just screams Mexico to me) and Chris was contacted about strange happenings and moved in to investigate, and came across running Zombies, who due to the Plagas arn't excatly dead and have some smarts.
But like everyone else is, I am really looking foreward to a final showdown between Wesker and Chris, (What will most likely be the final battle) That battle will have special effects, But not ones that make it look stupid, and if he's not the final battle, he should at least have a large part in the game. But if there is a
battle, I don't know how Chris expects to win, nto when he dropped a stack of eye beams on Weskers head and he stood up fine, laughing even.
And if this is Chris's game, should we expect guest apperences from Jill or Claire? Not too likely, but a slight possibility.
But in almost every Resident Evil game, there is a side character that has a lot to do with the story, an ally of sorts.

RE1: Chris-Rebecca Jill-Barry
RE2: Leon-Ada Claire-Sherry
RE3: Jill-Carlos
RE4: Leon-Ashley
REOutbreak: Multible people
RECodeVeronica: Claire-Steve/Chris
REDeadAim: Bruce-Fong Ling (sp?)
REGaiden: Barry-Leon/Luccia

So like I said...I wonder who Chris's counterpart is going to be in this game? Will it be someone familliar or someone new? Well this is all I have to say on the subject at this moment, but hey, I think I've said my piece.

Re4 wasn't Leon-Ashly!It was more like:Leon-Ada Leon-Luis
Ada-Krauser Ada-Wesker.Sorry this is old,but I skimmed the first page and it caught my eye,had to fix it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:03 pm
And on the subject of Mercs Reunion I think S.T.A.R.S. Jill should have taken the place of Excella.  

The King of Misery

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:03 pm
Canas Renvall
The epic headbutt to the epic pistol-whip with his magnum, or just pulling out his magnum and popping them on the ground saying "I have THIS!!". Absolutely ******** amazing.

Does he say any other classic jems!? biggrin

@Misery: I'm with you on that.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:34 pm
Sorry to double post, but Hot Toys is releasing a Jill figure:

http://hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=511

Since it's the RE5 version, I figured it would fit here. Let's cross our fingers and hope they come out with STARS Jill someday!  

MadamTarantula

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm
The King of Misery
And on the subject of Mercs Reunion I think S.T.A.R.S. Jill should have taken the place of Excella.

That would of been the stupidest thing ever. A slightly altered BSAA Jill over a whole new character with the best melee attacks in the game? No thanks. STARS Jill in itself is a stupid thing to want imo, don't let nostalgia blind you, BSAA Jill is fine, as they are both the same character, with the hat and hairstyle being the only *real* difference.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff