Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:06 pm
It snowed here, of course. Our weather has been weird though.

It was mild today, probably about -5 ish (celsius)

Yesterday it was -20.

And one day last week it was 10 degrees.

Been really weird.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:25 pm
thaxul
eek sweatdrop

That was my reaction as well.  

Caeleste

Falathrim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:01 pm
thaxul
Onoj
It snowed here once for like five hours and we got about a half an inch of snow. I am supposed to be working on art and Adobe photoshop but I am on here. My computer class lasts two hours long so I get bored and never do anything. The kid next to me is a computer genius. Lol
I told him about this site at the beginning of the hour and he has already hacked into the site. I told him not to but he does it for fun. He is so freakin' smart I am surprised he hasn't gotten caught on any of his hacking "adventures" though. sweatdrop

eek sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:11 pm
Congratulations, Nienna, number 4 won. ^_^
*gives you cookies*  

Caeleste

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:15 pm
I know. I told you I tried to stop him but he does all this for fun. He makes his own sites that appear as runescape login sites and it sends the username and password to his own guestbook site so he can get into their accounts and take their stuff. He doesn't even have to switch his IP address. And as many of you may have at your school we have little blocking programs that block certain websites. He has figured two ways to get around it, switch proxy servers to one not running a blocking program or actually hacking into the site and debugging the program. He normally chooses the latter because it is harder. I have so many stories of what he can do but they are just insane. I have two other really good ones about when he made a duplicate hotmail site and stole people's usernames and passwords for their Email. And a time he created his own viruses and sent them through the school computer lab to every teacher and student email he could find listed in the Address books on our school network servers. Closer knows him better than I do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:35 pm
Oh yeah I entered an Avi Contest so if I win I can get more gold to my quest. (Thanks BTW Thaxul xd ) So when the contest starts you guys have to vote for me so I can win!!!! There are five slots left so it may be a while. sweatdrop Lol

Avi Contest  

Onoj

Caeleste

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:37 pm
That's just disturbing.

I'm sure he's nice and all, but I don't get the point of hacking because you're bored/because you can.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:39 pm
Onoj
I know. I told you I tried to stop him but he does all this for fun. He makes his own sites that appear as runescape login sites and it sends the username and password to his own guestbook site so he can get into their accounts and take their stuff. He doesn't even have to switch his IP address. And as many of you may have at your school we have little blocking programs that block certain websites. He has figured two ways to get around it, switch proxy servers to one not running a blocking program or actually hacking into the site and debugging the program. He normally chooses the latter because it is harder. I have so many stories of what he can do but they are just insane. I have two other really good ones about when he made a duplicate hotmail site and stole people's usernames and passwords for their Email. And a time he created his own viruses and sent them through the school computer lab to every teacher and student email he could find listed in the Address books on our school network servers. Closer knows him better than I do.

...and have you done anything about this?  

Falathrim

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:53 pm
Yes. Actually we tried to tell on him/ stop him but you can't get any evidence against him since obviously you don't leave a trail on a computer. Also he just won't listen because he likes it. That isn't the ONLY thing he does. He is a good guy and is great at art and is very intelligent. Just a little misguided.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:05 pm
A little?  

Caeleste

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:23 pm
Oh yeah, just a little o.o;

Nice new name, by the way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:24 pm
A little? would be an understatement.

Being intelligent and being good at art doesn't suddenly make it okay to do bad things. Would I be allowed to shoot a man so long as I painted a picture of a pretty flower afterwards?  

Falathrim

curumo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:48 pm
Hacking into a system isn't causing a ton of harm, is it?

But if you know that he did it, why can't that be enough? If more than one person saw him, why wouldn't that count for anything?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:51 pm
curumo, Id like to see you repeat that it isn't doing harm when he hacks your account, siezes all of your gold and items, then vanishes. :/

On an unrelated note, I just orders 11 back issues of Vinyar Tengwar. Woo.  

Falathrim

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:55 pm
If you just went into the system and didn't do anything, that would be cracking, not hacking.

But if you go in, change things, steal passwords, that's hacking. And hacking = bad. It would be like someone hacking into the Gaia system and stealing everyone's usernames and passwords.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games