Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply EverGleam
Evergleam Giveaway & Lotto -- Gleam On! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote on the future of this guild.
  1. All contests end immediately, all prizes get distributed, and it's all over. No more Guild.
  2. We move back to a Chatterbox-only format, one single Evergleam thread, so there will be more people.
  3. Other choice -- POST ABOUT IT or it'll never be voted on, never happen.
View Results

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:49 pm
Shoafy
Ambrai
Shoafy

bump 906.

if i had any brains i would do that.
but since i have reread them so many times i don't think it matters.
i still love them.

Nudge eight hundred and seventy-six

I wish I could reread mine over and over but I have to wait until the memory of them has faded a bit or I get bored. I need to not know what's going to happen next and that takes about a year. Figures the one thing I have memory for is the one thing I'd rather not! And yet I still cannot summarize to save my life. What kind of books do you read?

bump 928.

mostly fantasy/sci-fi type books.

i am an addict to books.
ask my librarian. haha.

Nudge eight hundred and ninety-seven

That's what I read too. ^^ I also read a bit of mystery and historical fiction. I adore Sherlock Holmes. I'd probably hate him if I ever met him though!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:56 pm
Shoafy
bump 929.

do you recommend any books?
i am running dangerously low on choices.

but i am limited. as i have no car and no source of money. Dx

Nudge eight hundred and ninety-eight

Weeell, in the spirit of old things being seen differently, there is the Sabriel trilogy. I don't know what the trilogy is called; I just call it by the first book. Sabriel, Lireal, Abhorsen. I just adore that series. As your series sees vamps differently, this one sees necros differently. I mean, most are still bad, but things are done so differently. For one thing, while most control the Dead through magic, these guys control them through SOUND. Bells, in fact. I haven't read those books you mentioned, (more books to add to my list ><) so I don't know if the style is to your liking but I think they're worth mentioning. Also, I love rewrites of old fairy tales, so East, Zel, Beast...I love those ones too.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:59 pm
Nudge eight hundred and ninety-nine

As for my whole math thing with Drizzt, I am abandoning it. Like I feared, I no longer have interest in it. Suffice to say that while a five and a half foot elf might reach the chest of a ten foot giant with his sword, there is no way he'd get the leverage to cause any appreciable damage to said giant. If the giant was ten foot, which I believe would be taller. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:09 pm
Nudge nine hundred

Yaaaay! I have attained the impossible! Well, maybe not impossible...Comon Jerbos! You're our underdog! ^^

Just so you all know: I do not believe there is a black hole in the Bermuda Triangle. I think that's a load of bull crap.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:12 pm
Nudge nine hundred and one  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:14 pm
Nudge nine hundred and two

Weee sharp things!! ^^ I love Modern Marvels.  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm
Nudge nine hundred and three

Shoafy! I'm catching up. What's going on? School running you into the ground? Come to think of it, it's the time of year for midterms, isn't it? *shudder* And to think, I'm going to throw myself back into that? ...Oh well. I need book money too. Can't get that and my own place without a good job, ay?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:23 pm
Nudge nine hundred and four

^^ *afloat on sharp dreams*  

Ambrai

Ambrai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Nudge nine hundred and five

Oooo.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:27 am
Don’t you want to hold me baby

Wow. Haven't been in this guild in the longest time.
    ><

Disappointed going crazy.

Black.Zucchini.

Shoafy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:24 pm
bump 941.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:25 pm
bump 942.  

Shoafy

Shoafy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:26 pm
bump 943.
ambrai, what are the authors of those books?
and i have read east.

that's one of my favorites.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:27 pm
bump 944.  

Shoafy

Shoafy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:30 pm
bump 945.  
EverGleam

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games