Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soumakisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:19 am
Tokioka
@B&B: Yesh, very good work B&B, the quality and quantity is exceptional. A+! 3nodding

On a side note, some schools have saturday school which really, really sucks. I'm lucky I only arrived at my current school in year 9 so I only had to go through 1 year of saturday school before it was scrapped. But those guys who started in year 7... phooo, must have been hell.

what?! schooling on sat? *jaws drop*
well, we used to go back to school at times only for after-school activities.. =3 then the govt changed it, making weekends free (for us students and the all the pple working in the govt sector) so that we can spend more time with the family.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:23 am
soumakisa
Tokioka
@B&B: Yesh, very good work B&B, the quality and quantity is exceptional. A+! 3nodding

On a side note, some schools have saturday school which really, really sucks. I'm lucky I only arrived at my current school in year 9 so I only had to go through 1 year of saturday school before it was scrapped. But those guys who started in year 7... phooo, must have been hell.

well, we used to go back to school at times only for after-school activities.. =3 then the govt changed it, making weekends free (for us students and the all the pple working in the govt sector) so that we can spend more time with the family.
It wasn't a full day as we were out of school by 12:30pm on saturdays. But it was still bad. It meant we basically only had sunday for a lie-in and we couldn't stay up late on a friday night... uhhh twas a terrible time. crying  

Tokioka

soumakisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:26 am
Tokioka
soumakisa
Tokioka

It wasn't a full day as we were out of school by 12:30pm on saturdays. But it was still bad. It meant we basically only had sunday for a lie-in and we couldn't stay up late on a friday night... uhhh twas a terrible time. crying

what time do you guys start school over there?
in australia we start about at 9am...
but in singapore we start at 7.30 / 8am. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:31 am
thats it im moving to austrailia ninja
i have to get to school by 8:30am that means i have to wake up at 6:30am gonk
i hate you school!
one day i will burn you down........someday ninja

` T a p i o c a `

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:35 am
7Sapphire8Dragon9
i hate you school!
Yehh, school sucks in britain. stressed
That australian start time is much more to my liking. At my school we get registered at 8:30 am, and currently I wake up at 7:40 am.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:42 am
Tokioka
7Sapphire8Dragon9
i hate you school!
That australian start time is much more to my liking. At my school we get registered at 8:30 am, and currently I wake up at 7:40 am.

lol... i miss australia...
do u know that they don't have exams until like year 9 or 10...
over here in singapore, we have exams since primary 1... crying  

soumakisa

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:49 am
soumakisa
Tokioka
7Sapphire8Dragon9
i hate you school!

We had exams in primary, Key Stage 2 I think. And now the british government is going to make even more exams for the younger kids. Way to not stress everyone out Mr Blair. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:54 am
Tokioka
soumakisa
Tokioka
7Sapphire8Dragon9
i hate you school!

We had exams in primary, Key Stage 2 I think. And now the british government is going to make even more exams for the younger kids. Way to not stress everyone out Mr Blair. stare

so u're lucky u did not belong to the younger generation.. xd
well, yeah. the educational system is getting tougher and tougher now...  

soumakisa

BlacksandBlues

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:20 am
We have SATs which are maths, english and science tests in Yrs 2, 6 and I think 9. Maybe 10, I'm not so sure, because since I go to a private school, I don't have to do them. xd 4laugh rofl

Toki-niikun, I should wake around 7:30am, but I live 10/15 minutes away from my school, so sometimes I get up at 8am, leave at 8:30am and eat brekkie in the car. mrgreen sweatdrop Aha.

School starts at 9. Registration is technically at 8:55am though. School ends at 3:45pm.

I've never had to go to Saturday school over here! eek Thank god. *shivers* I do go to Chinese Sunday school though.... 1:30pm - 3:30pm. gonk Aaaah.... The French are weird. I think they have Wednesdays off, but go to school on Saturdays!

When I lived in Hong Kong for eight months (was gonna stay there, but thankfully dad changed his mind!), I barely knew how to write and read Chinese; I was seven, turning right. Brother was three, going on four. We both had to get up at 6am in the morning to go to school. Ken went to playgroup and had half a day's worth of school, starting at 7am/7:30am, and finishing round noon. I finished a little later, like 1pm or something. Twas primary school. But it was absolute hell. I had to work hard to catch up; four hours every day after school to learn everything. There was maths, english (which was hell easy, lol!!), and Chinese as the three main lessons. Ken had a few pages worth of writing to do (you know, copying the numbers and stuff over and over again). Bloody hell, he was darn three back then! stressed

When I finally returned to England and left HK, I'd moved from being number 28 (out of 28 students, lol) in my HK school to 17! xd 4laugh Ahahaha.... Totally convinced my parents that I'm good at Chinese. I admit, compared to my Chinese school classmates now, I am a lot more clever, but they really weren't forced to speak and stuff.... Or maybe some of them just don't have the affinity for it. Depends. When I got back to the UK I think I was scared my English wasn't good enough again! But I think I coped quite okay. 3nodding

Annoyingly enough, I've had to endure when being 3 and a half years of age to go to an English school speaking no English, just Chinese. Then a few years later, I have to go to HK where I barely know any Chinese, but am fluent in English. And then I get back and have to cope with English again. gonk xd Ayah ayah ayah! confused  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:26 am
Haha, funny. biggrin -pokes B&B-

When I first started primary school I couldn't speak or understand english either. I didn't even know how to eat the english school dinners, so for the first few weeks my mum had to make instant ramen and bring it in for me at lunchtimes! rofl  

Tokioka

soumakisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:31 am
lol.. so cute...

hmm... over here in sg, though we start school early, we kinda finish early too.. school ends at 1.30... but we have lots of after-class extra lessons... sigh... so we come home pretty late...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:33 am
Tokioka

When I first started primary school I couldn't speak or understand english either. I didn't even know how to eat the english school dinners, so for the first few weeks my mum had to make instant ramen and bring it in for me at lunchtimes! rofl

AW! *pat* I hated the meals back then. mad

First day of school... *muses* I think I cried and yelled for mum not to go in Chinese, then stared at my classmates in dumbfoundedness.... xd  

BlacksandBlues

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:39 am
BlacksandBlues
Tokioka

First day of school... *muses* I think I cried and yelled for mum not to go in Chinese, then stared at my classmates in dumbfoundedness.... xd

Ahahah, there's always one crybaby. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:41 am
Tokioka
BlacksandBlues
Tokioka

stare evil  

BlacksandBlues

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:48 am
BlacksandBlues
Tokioka
BlacksandBlues
Tokioka

stare evil
Awww look at the lil baby's grumpy face, so cute! 4laugh -pinches B&B's cheek- Does baby want a wowwipop? whee  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games