Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::Official Resident Evil Degeneration CG Thread:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it's gonna be awesome?
  Of course ;D
  Eh maybe :/
  Nah it's gonna suck D:
View Results

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:34 pm
oh ok  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:24 pm
Here's a link to the Torrent:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/54116553/resident+evil+degeneration?tab=summary

Go nuts! Download it, and NOT buy the DVD/Blu-Ray.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:53 pm
Meeeeh it was alright. I don't consider it cannon... and I was a little pissed we got yet ANOTHER Mary Sue character.

It was a meh movie... I cant really bring myself to say anything  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:44 pm
Leon came off as a c**t. He was boring and given too many of those 'epic' lines.

Claire. Did. Nothing. (A slight overstatement, maybe)

It was stupid to make Leon have a love interest with Angela. Plz, gtfo.

There was also that sketchy part in the middle between the Airport's Action and WilPharma's Action.

It was, meh.

If they had written it with someone that wasn't Leon, it'd be good.

I did like the little wink at RE2 that they gave us.  

Kouichi Pendolse

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:10 am
I'll watch it later...got better things to do right now. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:27 pm
Vankala
I'll watch it later...got better things to do right now. razz
Well, considering it's Degeneration, ANYTHING else you do is better.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:20 am
Believe me, I'll never be able to look at Scuba diving the same way again.

*Twitch*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 pm
No, actually, Degeneration is awesome. There's only two things in this world better than Degeneration. What were they? Oh yeah, anything and everything.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:45 pm
Bio, sometimes I think one of the purposes of your existence is to make me pee myself laughing after I've had a s**t-tasticular day.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:49 pm
Well since no one is jumping to in to give their thoughts of the film, I will say it was very much "Resident Evil-like". Its good to see the original characters and voices of the old series back together in the new story. The movie had a few flaws, but it was a relief to get the feeling back from the old games in the new movie. I suggest seeing the movie, if you can get past that Leon is in the film.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 am
With all due respect, Beta, I don't care if you enjoyed it, its fine by me... But to go so far as to say that this movie feels Resident Evil like? Come on. I mean, sure, I haven't seen the entire thing, but reading all the reviews about how it's so "action packed," which, to me doesn't really say Resident Evil. I mean, let's look at the good RE games, where you're quietly exploring big, quiet and creepy mansions, and every once in a while something freaky will pop out at you. It's hardly an action packed thrill ride.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:16 pm
I found the film way more worthwhile than that crap Anderson put together. The first one was great and grand, but it got too glamored up. I don't see the comparison to a movie and a game. I think a game is more controlled on how you want it to feel where the movie just takes you for the ride. The film has some re-occurring old Resident Evil elements from the old series, but I thought it was enjoyable.
Plus nothing compares to the grotesque burning Raccoon City during nightfall. I have those games already loaded in my arsenal.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:52 pm
Yeah, I think I'll stick to Anderson's movies, thanks. Extinction might not be that close to where Resident Evil started off, but at least it's not trying to tack itself onto the game's canon. Which, as far as RE1, 2 and 3 are concerned, is sacred.
And frankly, if anything, Extinction is where Capcom should've went with Resident Evil. Post apocalyptic zombie environment is so much cooler than, "No, everything's fine now. There are still monsters, but the virus--that spreads super fast across multiple species and was around for half a year, in the Raccoon area, causing the whole city, including birds and insects, to be infected--is gone now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 am
My main thoughts:

1) Degeneration was better to experience than RE4.

2) I enjoyed having the old voices back, for sure

3) Angela pissed. me. off.

Anyway, to some extent I agree that Capcom should have gone the Extinction route. But I don't think they should have had an 'Alice' character. That would just be completely out of whack, in my opinion.

Because I mean, comeon, I'd totally rather tango with dried up zombies than Ganados.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 am
You know, if Capcom happen to throw Alice into RE5, I'd play RE5 just to see that.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games