Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cult RPG. New ******** update@@@@@@==== ((page 118)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Denko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:02 pm
Yin Yun Yang
Denko
Yin Yun Yang
Fun fun and more fun there be.

Was my repeated asking of a question one of those questions in the set that was getting annoying?

Not your fault. The day you asked that question I had just gotten off work and I was in a pissed-off mood. I apologize.

But yeah, no one needs to ask me about:
1) Their role in the game
2) If they're in it
3) What they will be like in the game

I won't answer those questions any more. It's getting tedious and irrelevant.

Do I dare ask the question again or not?

The answer is: You're not planned to be in the game yet, so the question is irrelevant for now.

Like I said, the demo getting finished is priority. Everything else doesn't matter right now.
And not many Culties are in the demo because that would take seventy years if everyone that asked got in. So don't ask.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:06 pm
Can you say anything on the subject of status afflictions and the like?

I tend to think the Status Oily would add to the difficulty...

What with taking lethal damage from fire... *shudders*

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

sirius825

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:06 pm
I know that you don't know specifics, and you really don't have to answer this, but after the demo is released, when do you think the whole game will be done as an estimate? In a couple years' time? 3? 4? 5? Or do you just plain have no idea whatsoever?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:09 pm
Alright, I shall not hassle you with wonders seeing as you have a demo to finish. Sorry for bugging you again with it.  

Yin Yun Yang

Denko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:10 pm
sirius825
I know that you don't know specifics, and you really don't have to answer this, but after the demo is released, when do you think the whole game will be done as an estimate? In a couple years' time? 3? 4? 5? Or do you just plain have no idea whatsoever?

It's done when it's done. I suck at estimating release dates, because I have no way to know how much work I can get done and when.
I'm starting to think I'll release it in chunks so everyone won't have to wait as long.
And first chunk should be out in three months at the very very latest. That would be Chapters 1, 2, and maybe 3.

T: Status effects are just typical FF statuses, like poison, paralyzed, burn, sleep, mute, and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:10 pm
Those monsters look fantastic! =O  

Hakatai

Denko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:12 pm
Hakatai

Well, like I said, I didn't do them. Lots of Japanese people make cool RPG type graphics that people can use free. I'm just good at finding good ones.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Denko
Hakatai

Well, like I said, I didn't do them. Lots of Japanese people make cool RPG type graphics that people can use free. I'm just good at finding good ones.

Well I'm sure you could make a fantastic RPG JUST from finding good stuff. We're just lucky that you're Super Denko and you're also able to make custom sprites, sweet art (I liked the Jack art) and a rockin storyline. ;D  

Hakatai

Denko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:15 pm
Hakatai
Denko
Hakatai

Well I'm sure you could make a fantastic RPG JUST from finding good stuff. We're just lucky that you're Super Denko and you're also able to make custom sprites, sweet art (I liked the Jack art) and a rockin storyline. ;D

Thanks, I appreciate that. ^____^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:41 pm
I DEMAND TO BE EVIL! twisted

Actually, I just want to be in. sweatdrop  

Skine99

sirius825

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:58 pm
This thread should be in the landmarks section of the cult guide.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:47 pm
sirius825
This thread should be in the landmarks section of the cult guide.

Forget landmark. This is big enough to be a land mass.  

Hakatai

Dark Super Sonic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Denko

Dark Super Sonic: I could do pets, but the real question is would that be a good idea for this game?
At this point I'm not so sure, but I haven't ruled out the idea of non-human playable characters. Like, for example, if Fish had a dog, and the dog was part of the party too. But I don't know if I want to do that.
There's also another way of doing it, where there's a class that has skills/spells where pets attack the enemy.
And the hardest way is to do it like you said, and that would require game script, which is unbelievably time consuming. I don't know if I want to do that.
So... really, I'll just think about it.

Adding pets to the game would change out the gameplay, wouldn't it? Say, Jack has three modes of option. Either attacking, items, and defending. But adding pets could open a new mode, or put in as a different attack. If pets were to be in the game, it would first have to be decided if they themselves would be playable, or they would just follow a human around. Or both. Adding pets now could also affect the story line, wouldn't it? Like say character A.I. fell into a lake. Instead of him washing ashore and someone finding him, his dog could jump in and save him, or alert someone that he has fallen in. Adding pets would make the development of the game more difficult, but its also a great aspect. Then again, it comes back to what their position would be.

I trust your decision on this. In the long run, the RPG should be good, and if something like animals were to slow it down/make it worse, then it would be better to exclude them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 pm
Dark Super Sonic
Denko

Dark Super Sonic: I could do pets, but the real question is would that be a good idea for this game?
At this point I'm not so sure, but I haven't ruled out the idea of non-human playable characters. Like, for example, if Fish had a dog, and the dog was part of the party too. But I don't know if I want to do that.
There's also another way of doing it, where there's a class that has skills/spells where pets attack the enemy.
And the hardest way is to do it like you said, and that would require game script, which is unbelievably time consuming. I don't know if I want to do that.
So... really, I'll just think about it.

Adding pets to the game would change out the gameplay, wouldn't it? Say, Jack has three modes of option. Either attacking, items, and defending. But adding pets could open a new mode, or put in as a different attack. If pets were to be in the game, it would first have to be decided if they themselves would be playable, or they would just follow a human around. Or both. Adding pets now could also affect the story line, wouldn't it? Like say character A.I. fell into a lake. Instead of him washing ashore and someone finding him, his dog could jump in and save him, or alert someone that he has fallen in. Adding pets would make the development of the game more difficult, but its also a great aspect. Then again, it comes back to what their position would be.

I trust your decision on this. In the long run, the RPG should be good, and if something like animals were to slow it down/make it worse, then it would be better to exclude them.

If adding pets is something you aims to do, but it'll take lots of time, then maybe what I bolded there would be a good choice.

Like Boney the dog from Mother 3!

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:33 pm
Skine99
I DEMAND TO BE EVIL! twisted

Actually, I just want to be in. sweatdrop
3nodding  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games