Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:42 am
Biohazard EXTREME
This Biohazard EXTREME rant/lecture has been brought to you by Umbrella Pharmaceuticals. Our business is life itself.

Right under the nose of populace... They practically told us they were doing naughty, bad things with that slogan. xd We just weren't smart enough to see it. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:17 pm
It's just that I'm too important now. So my rants come with endorsements.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ZITCKOE 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:09 pm
I dislike the movies because they totally changed the storyline and everything! Whenever i talk about Resident evil some random moron would be like, "Oh yeah! I like those movies! I heard the game sucks compared to them, so I don't play them! mrgreen "

I will just stare at them for literally minutes until I say, "STFU, go play the games, the movies suck, and go get friends". I was extreamly pissed off when NEMISIS fights hand to hand with Alice. First of all, Alice is like never going to be killed, thus making the story and Alice totally suck. And seriously, NEMISIS would have torn her apart in five seconds! Then they kill him off from a helecopter crash! WTF!??! I'm all for orginal story lines and new ways to experience something. But honestly...I was sitting there for two hours thinking, "Where is Chris? Where is Jill? (only in the first movie for Jill xp ) Where is Albert? Where is Barry? Where is Rebecca? Where is Claire? Where is Leon? Where is Ada? Where is William? Where is HUNK?". And I was thinking while it showed the parts of the mansion in the first film I was like, "Where are the zombies? Where is Tyrant? Where is EVERYTHING!?"

Then for the NEW movie coming out..WTF!? LAS VEGAS!??! Seriously..it feels as if i'm watching a crappy action film with random characters, and the movie just so happens to be the same name as one of my favorite video games. Have the actors even PLAYED Resident Evil?! Have the writers PLAYED it!? Apparently not..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:18 pm
PELLOW HEAD
I dislike the movies because they totally changed the storyline and everything! Whenever i talk about Resident evil some random moron would be like, "Oh yeah! I like those movies! I heard the game sucks compared to them, so I don't play them! mrgreen "

I will just stare at them for literally minutes until I say, "STFU, go play the games, the movies suck, and go get friends". I was extreamly pissed off when NEMISIS fights hand to hand with Alice. First of all, Alice is like never going to be killed, thus making the story and Alice totally suck. And seriously, NEMISIS would have torn her apart in five seconds! Then they kill him off from a helecopter crash! WTF!??! I'm all for orginal story lines and new ways to experience something. But honestly...I was sitting there for two hours thinking, "Where is Chris? Where is Jill? (only in the first movie for Jill xp ) Where is Albert? Where is Barry? Where is Rebecca? Where is Claire? Where is Leon? Where is Ada? Where is William? Where is HUNK?". And I was thinking while it showed the parts of the mansion in the first film I was like, "Where are the zombies? Where is Tyrant? Where is EVERYTHING!?"

Then for the NEW movie coming out..WTF!? LAS VEGAS!??! Seriously..it feels as if i'm watching a crappy action film with random characters, and the movie just so happens to be the same name as one of my favorite video games. Have the actors even PLAYED Resident Evil?! Have the writers PLAYED it!? Apparently not..

This is your opinion, but I will say a few things and ask some questions. Would you rather have a movie where you know what's going to happen before you get there or would you rather watch something completely unexpected? Would you rather know who dies or be surprised when a character you know nothing about dies? My point is, if they kept to what the games were like, people wouldn't watch them. Because it'd be attached to a very short leash. If they got something even slightly wrong, the fans would revolt and all hell would break loose. Now for something else, the movies aren't that bad. I have two words that would've made this movie worse: Uwe Boll. Enough said.  

Elliot Salem

ZITCKOE 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:21 pm
Vash Thompson
PELLOW HEAD

This is your opinion, but I will say a few things and ask some questions. Would you rather have a movie where you know what's going to happen before you get there or would you rather watch something completely unexpected? Would you rather know who dies or be surprised when a character you know nothing about dies? My point is, if they kept to what the games were like, people wouldn't watch them. Because it'd be attached to a very short leash. If they got something even slightly wrong, the fans would revolt and all hell would break loose. Now for something else, the movies aren't that bad. I have two words that would've made this movie worse: Uwe Boll. Enough said.
True, forever till the end of time, video game movies are always going to dissapoint ATLEAST a few hardcore fans...

I just think it IS possible to make a video game movie that holds true to the game, and is STILL a entertaining movie to watch. None the less..I respect your opinion on this matter  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:24 pm
PELLOW HEAD
Vash Thompson
PELLOW HEAD

True, forever till the end of time, video game movies are always going to dissapoint ATLEAST a few hardcore fans...

I just think it IS possible to make a video game movie that holds true to the game, and is STILL a entertaining movie to watch. None the less..I respect your opinion on this matter

But, for it to still be true to the game and entertaining, they'd have to cut some events. Like much of the puzzels would probably be cut out (that'd possibly disappoint fans who want to see Jill solve this puzzle or Chris solve this one) and the dialouge would be shortened.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:28 pm
Not only that, but if they try to stay true to the game, then the effect would be even that much more dire... Like, let's say they try to make a game that's exactly like REmake... But then if one little thing contradicts, for whatever reason, the fans will get all the more picky about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:30 pm
Vash Thompson
PELLOW HEAD
Vash Thompson
PELLOW HEAD

But, for it to still be true to the game and entertaining, they'd have to cut some events. Like much of the puzzels would probably be cut out (that'd possibly disappoint fans who want to see Jill solve this puzzle or Chris solve this one) and the dialouge would be shortened.
True, but I don't think many fans would like to see a puzzel being solved. But if the movie ever makes a hit, it would have a sequel that would finish the events. Thou, it would rather take some time to take a sequel just to finish the story, i think it would be a good idea...it worked for the Lord of The Rings  

ZITCKOE 2

ZITCKOE 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:38 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Not only that, but if they try to stay true to the game, then the effect would be even that much more dire... Like, let's say they try to make a game that's exactly like REmake... But then if one little thing contradicts, for whatever reason, the fans will get all the more picky about it.
Well..I wouldn't (or atleast i'd try not to xp ) there HAVE been films that stay true to the story, use the same characters, and have changed MINOR things. A great example is The Lord of The Rings films, I was a big Tolkien fan before seeing the movies, and they turned out to be greater then I expected. So..I do think it is possible for it to happen... ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:40 pm
The true fans would. It's just not a Resident Movie or game without a puzzle being solved. But with the sequel things, it worked well with LOTR because the books were seperate. It wasn't a true sequel, just a story seperated into three parts. You can't do that with Resident Evil, because it's all one part. RE=One part. RE2= one part. And so on and so forth in that fashion. It just wouldn't work for fans.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:42 pm
Vash Thompson
The true fans would. It's just not a Resident Movie or game without a puzzle being solved. But with the sequel things, it worked well with LOTR because the books were seperate. It wasn't a true sequel, just a story seperated into three parts. You can't do that with Resident Evil, because it's all one part. RE=One part. RE2= one part. And so on and so forth in that fashion. It just wouldn't work for fans.

Not only that, but Lord of the Rings is a long adventure. Resident Evil 1, 2, etc., those events only take a few hours. Resident Evil 1 took about 8 to 10 hours (starting at 10 PM, ending at dawn.) So, to stratch one day into two movies would be long and frustrating, because for a long time, you'd watch people run around, shooting the random monster, solving the random puzzle.
Just the same, cutting out event like that, you'll have a 1 hour movie. It just doesn't work.
Things HAVE to be changed to make a game into a movie. Personally, I think it's better off to remake the storyline from scratch, than try to make the existing storyline interesting, thereby changing some key storyline events, and pissing off the fans even more.

Not to mention the fact that, let's say, you're watching RE Apocalypse, and you say, "Well, I don't like how they portrayed Jill. She acts differently in the games." but hen you say, "But it's okay, because this is like an alternate universe and the Game version of Jill has nothing to do with this."
But if one was to make a movie canon to the games, then it might ruin the experience for the gamers. From a developer's point of view, it doesn't work, and never will.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson

Not only that, but Lord of the Rings is a long adventure. Resident Evil 1, 2, etc., those events only take a few hours. Resident Evil 1 took about 8 to 10 hours (starting at 10 PM, ending at dawn.) So, to stratch one day into two movies would be long and frustrating, because for a long time, you'd watch people run around, shooting the random monster, solving the random puzzle.
Just the same, cutting out event like that, you'll have a 1 hour movie. It just doesn't work.
Things HAVE to be changed to make a game into a movie. Personally, I think it's better off to remake the storyline from scratch, than try to make the existing storyline interesting, thereby changing some key storyline events, and pissing off the fans even more.

Not to mention the fact that, let's say, you're watching RE Apocalypse, and you say, "Well, I don't like how they portrayed Jill. She acts differently in the games." but hen you say, "But it's okay, because this is like an alternate universe and the Game version of Jill has nothing to do with this."
But if one was to make a movie canon to the games, then it might ruin the experience for the gamers. From a developer's point of view, it doesn't work, and never will.

The 2nd paragraph details how I feel about this, and though I already see you disagree, I'll state my opinion anyways.
The first movie- not up to par with my expectations, but I didn't think it would be anyways. It was an enjoyable movie, which had very little to do with the games- but still had a lot to do with the general premise of resident evil. It was worth renting, though I'm glad I didn't see it in theatres.

The second movie, as biohazard outlined, is where I have a problem. If they had continued the story of alice, I would be OK with that (though again I would've only rented- watching someone with super-human powers fight zombies just kind of... ruins the whole experience). What REALLY turned me off about it though, was the fact that Jill was going to be in it. Yes, that's right, the same thing which made people cheer- finally, a resident evil character appearing in the movie- is what I couldn't swallow. I knew, there would be no way they could portray her in the movie that would make everyone truely feel as if she is Jill- after all, I bet a lot of us immagine her differently anyways. You take the bad Jill acting and put it beside bullet-time Alice, and what do you get? The second movie.

At least I have a LITTLE hope for the third one. I'd love if Alice died off in the first 5 minutes, however.  

underweargnome

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:21 pm
Well, Jill's, Carlos' and the other game characters' appearances are the spawn of the very fans that bitched after the first movie about how there were no game characters in the movie. Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much, but those who get pissed off because there are game characters in the movie, should be pissed off at the fans who say, "I didn't like the first movie because it's wasn't based on the games."  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:28 pm
All of you..watch this...now... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKrtg4bIUVk it's the entire first RE movie...in 2 and a half minutes. It's hilarious!!!  

FoxyAreku

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:43 pm
That sounds like an order. I don't take orders, I give them.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games