Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2014 Circe's Trials: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:50 am
"Well, my dear..."

"Where should I begin? Because this was no ordinary little adventure. You see, Circe, I traveled far and wide to get you the best treasures.

First off, I came upon a sunken ship with her dead crew still intact. They moaned and groaned as I slashed through them. There on the bow was a gorgeous box made out of the most beautiful gemstones. I grabbed it and hauled it away, losing pirates, ghosts, and sharks alike. When I was in a safe place, I opened it and found inside an enchanted telescope. It was so gorgeous I lost m breath and decided promptly that it must be given to you.

But the cursed scope! It drug me deep into the depths of a sea trench. As I was sunk lower and the darkness wrapped its deadly tendrils around me, I feared I might never see you again. The magic of the telescope ran out and I was lost in the darkness, trying to find a way out.

That was when I heard the sounds of singing. It as gorgeous a perfect four part harmony that tickled my ears and heart. As I swam closer, their singing grew more angelic. It was a group of four crabs, each of them the size of a merpony. They agreed to meet you and thought that they knew the way back. The five of us then departed from the darkness.

My spirits were bolstered, but not for long... A deeply alluring scent drew me from the path. The crabs tried to call me back, singing lovely tunes to woo my heart, but it was useless. The smell was so powerful I wound up in the trap. A beautiful monster of seaweed and tentacles cackled brilliantly.

I snapped out of it and whipped out a pen and paper! That's when I wrote the coupons for a free fin rub. The creature, so tired as she was, agreed to set me free. I took the scent and rubbed all those tentacles. Then, with my companions and two new pieces of loot returned to your side.

That, my lady, is my story.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:10 pm
"Well, my dear..."

I was sure that the cave I came to would have some treasure I could bring to such a fine lady as you, but what could such a person possibly find? As I entered the tunnel, my eyes caught a glimpse of something in the sand. After moving some of the sand aside, my eyes came across one of the items I heard I could find here, a shell comb. I also saw a perfume bottle, but I saw something else up a head, a chest.

As I ran over to it and recognized what it was; the chest of the chalice made of pure gold and the rarest of rubies. However, when I opened it all I could find was the dust that proved it once had sat there. Perhaps someone else had already looted this cave long ago, and I should bring my search elsewhere for treasures?

After I found the chalice to be gone, I was sure the legendary Sliver Fork of King Midus would definitely not be here. After all, a King who could turn everything to gold couldn't possibly have a Silver Fork. However, as I came across a small wooden chest and became curious to see if anything was inside, I found myself staring at the legendary fork, a note from his majesty's queen confirming it. There was also a not talking about a... a copper dragon’s tooth?

As to why a dragon would need a copper tooth puzzled me, as I would have thought a dragon would have wanted a golden tooth. However, I wasn't here to question why the dragon's dentist had picked out copper, but to find it. Among some ancient dentist equipment, I was able to find the tooth in a leather bag, rusty like the name would imply. Seriously, why copper?

As I made my way to the end of the cave, I saw a pocket watch sitting on a ledge on the wall, finding it to be beautiful beyond compare for such a merphony as you. As I reached for the pocket watch and took it off the ledge, a secret door opened up to reveal more of the cave. Surely no one had ever found this before! A whole new layer of this cave!

I had heard of the myth that there once was a time where there was a Lost Merphony Civilization, kind of like Atlantis actually. One day a chaotic event happened and they were forced to disperse away from the Civilization, leaving everything behind. When I found this... thing that is the myth that came to mind. Sure I don't know what it does, but it looks ancient and inventive, so it has to be from that myth... right?

As I came to a part of the secret second layer of the cave, I started to come across statues of Phonies of all types. As I searched among them, I finally found one of a Merphony! As I cleared the seaweed off it that had been trying to hid it, I found that it looked a lot like you even! Now then, to look for something absolutely insane for the sake of my grandmother.

I had never heard of such a silly thing in my life when my grandmother told me of a mythical Partridge on a Pearl Coral. Why would a partridge, a bird, sit on a pearl coral? Everyone new partridges sat in pear trees. However, my grandmother had convinced me to look for it one time in my life, and so I did. I spent the whole time looking for it, but I never found such a thing. Good thing too. If there was a Partridge on a Pearl Coral, it would be a very sad and lonely one.

The end of the cave was come and although throughout the whole cave there was many shell necklaces, I wanted to bring to you a necklace made of smooth stone glass, broken glass that the ocean waves had turned into a smooth stone. As I was nearing the end of the second layer of the cave, it became clear to me I was never going to find you such a precious treasure. I had failed you.

As I left the cave, sorrowful on my lack of a find for the glass stone necklace overcoming me, I suddenly remembered the bottle of perfume I saw near the entrance to the cave. Perhaps I could find it again and give it to you! I ran as fast as I could to the beginning of the cave on the first layer, seeing the bottle still there. As I picked it up, I came to realize this bottle of perfume was ancient! I had come across the perfect find for you, along with many other treasures for such a majestic merphony.  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:22 pm
Name: Crystal Clear
Brief Character Bio: She is your last resort, the one you heard in whispers and hushed words. And Crystal says she can see your future, she says there is much danger and turmoil, she says that she can help you with your problem, lastly, she says oh of course this item can help you overcome it... But for a price.
She is rather comforting and intimidating at the same time, she does actually give good advice to those who tell her their problems -- but of course she would speak to you in riddles and hold up a seashell towards you and tell you to rub it three times at night and the one you love will notice you! She does keep to herself, wanting the rumours to be intact and not ruin her air of mystery. Though her advice is does usually make sense and she does seem to want to help other phonies, if you cross her, her words can sting like nothing else you've ever imagined.

Reply: "Oh my dear, I sense you... have a problem. And how fortunate you are that we have met in this evening tide. I am the only one who can help you..."

Round 2: Link
Round 3: Link
Round 4: Link  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:42 pm
1. Magic Waterproof Nail Polish: FAILURE
Because even if you're a sea witch and you live down deep, there is still an image and sense of elegance you have to keep. But alas the polish I got was cheap...

2. A Real Comb: SUCCESS
Your beautiful locks underwater are stunning, enough to keep anyone running, here it is -- a real comb for you my witch! So that you may continue to bewitch!

3. Perfect Black Pearls: FAILURE
I saw pearls that were mysterious, sinister and dark. But unfortunately for me to attain them would be to turn to a loan shark...

4. A Chest of the Brightest Shells in the Sea: FAILURE
I wanted to give you the brightest shells in the sea, for your business -- I'm sure it would have given you glee! Though on my way back, a hungry shark gave it a whack..

5. Piece of Moonlight: FAILURE
I thought that the moonlight would match your eyes, but the moon wouldn't cooperate with me attaining this prize.

6. Colourful Nudibrachs: SUCCESS
I swam through the sea to meet the king of these creatures -- what a monster! But nothing I couldn't conquer.

7. The Freshest Freshwater: FAILURE
I wished to give you the water up above the mountains of dew, but then realized there's already water around you..

8. Waterproof Fire: FAILURE
I had it in my hands, the waterproof fire! -- But alas, the man who sold it to me was a liar.

9. Unbreakable Mirror: FAILURE
It was a mirror, for you to look upon yourself with grace! ...It was a mistake that it had to first look upon my face..

10. The Song in my Heart: FAILURE
I wanted to give you the most beautiful song I could sing! Yet with that one note I did, my ears started to ring..

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:43 pm
1. Magic Waterproof Nail Polish: FAILURE  
Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:44 pm
2. A Real Comb: SUCCESS  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:45 pm
3. Perfect Black Pearls: FAILURE  
Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:46 pm
4. A Chest of the Brightest Shells in the Sea: FAILURE  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:47 pm
5. Piece of Moonlight: FAILURE  
Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:49 pm
6. Colourful Nudibrachs: SUCCESS  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:50 pm
7. The Freshest Freshwater: FAILURE  
Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:50 pm
8. Waterproof Fire: FAILURE  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:51 pm
9. Unbreakable Mirror: FAILURE  
Aric Val rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:52 pm
10. The Song in my Heart: FAILURE  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Gaufre

Tipsy Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:25 pm
1. Hairbrush: SUCCESS

After yanking what hair I can out of my old hairbrush, I begin my treasure pile. Hey, I used to have long hair too. It's good as new!

2. Ancient Candy-cane from the Elder Tree of Lights: SUCCESS

Wrestling tinsel and climbing the branches of the elder tree of lights was no easy task, but plucking a stale an ancient candy-cane coveted by many was achieved.

3. Unicorn Rubber Ducky: FAILURE

I can't swim, and so the rainbow maned rubber ducky escaped easily.

4. Heart on a Stick: FAILURE

Alas, I couldn't find any volunteers!

5. Creeper: FAILURE

This idea blew up in my face.

6. Gaudy Christmas Sweater: FAILURE

I was on my way home with the treasure when the fashion police pulled me over and confiscated it.

7. Hair Shine Mist: SUCCESS

No one noticed when this went missing from the cabinets, though they did notice their hair was considerably less shiny. Luckily yours beams like the sun now!

8. Pomegranate Dark Chocolate: FAILURE

I ate it. I'm sorry, I just ate it.

9. Big Daddy Doll: SUCCESS

I stole this from my little sister, but he'll keep you safe down in that ocean!

10. Miniature BLU and RED Pyros: FAILURE

Having never made it across the Builders League United border and barely sneaking into RED Bread, they weren't keen on sharing and I was beaten with a mackerel until I left.  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games