Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:05 pm
"'Time heals all wounds' or something like that," Abel quoted with a wave of their hands, as if that simple gesture would make sense of it. While it was true to an extent, he still had old wounds that had yet to heal. How many more years would he have to wait until they would? "Ignoring them can be a good way to deal with them though, I agree."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:08 pm
"Mmmh, unless they are an immediate problem," Zevran agreed, giving Abel's fingers a squeeze. "If however there is a problem..." He wasn't quite sure how to approach it; Abel had respected his boundaries and he wished to do the same, and yet he could not say nothing. "If there is a problem is it not wise to reach out to others?" he continued after a short pause. "A problem shared is a problem halved, another good phrase for life."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:13 pm
"Hmmm," he hummed softly, eyelids sliding shut again as he flopped his hand - and Zevran's - down onto his chest. He was tired of holding it up. "I haven't heard that one before, but that's a good one too. I've always been bad about that though - sharing problems, I mean."

From somewhere in the darkened room came a quiet snort at the blond's understatement.

"Hush, you."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:17 pm
That was enough for tonight, he didn't want to spoil the evening. Instead of further probing - heh - Zevran shuffled across the bed so that he could rest his head on Abel's slightly bony shoulder. "Perhaps you should get some practice my friend," he suggested softly, but soon mitigated the suggestion with; "But not tonight, I think we have all had enough excitement for one day."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:35 pm
Abel turned his head to rest it on his friend's, his eyes still shut. He made a simple, quiet noise of agreement rather than try to vocalize anything, but despite how exhausted he was he still didn't want to sleep. The sooner he slept, the sooner morning would come, and the sooner he'd have to go back. He didn't want to just leave his pokemon or Taavi, of course, but Alyssa...

No, no, he didn't want to think about her right now; think about other things.

His fingers flexed a bit between Zevran's and he inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of the provided soaps and shampoos as well as the luxurious bedding and clean night air, and the warm feeling of being close to someone. The feeling welled up and expanded in his chest, making him feel warm and comfortable for a few moments before it disappeared, in its place leaving a cold, lonely ache. He frowned and his eyes opened again in the dark. "Would you mind doing me a favor?" He murmured, giving Zevran's hand a gentle squeeze. "It's completely selfish, of course, but I.. Would you mind rolling over that way for a few minutes?" He asked, turning his head to look down at his friend, removing his arm from beneath his pillow to point away towards the other wall. It was a selfish request borne of the painful aching in his chest; he couldn't even elaborate on just why exactly he'd even asked such a favor, and yet there he was, asking for it anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:38 pm
Eh?

Puzzled though he was Zevran nodded and did as he was asked. "Of course," he said aloud. He didn't know why Abel was asking but he was quite happy to go along with it.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:47 pm
Once Zevran had rolled over to face away from him, Abel rolled over as well. Carefully he slid one arm beneath the shorter blond's neck, folded it over his chest so he could lay his hand on the other's shoulder, slipped his other arm around Zevran's waist, then once effectively curled snugly behind his friend, he used both arms to hold him close. He gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze and buried his face into the back of the other man's neck with a sigh; while he was a little embarrassed to ask - he could've found so many less awkward ways of asking or simply doing it himself - it made him start to feel a little better. "Thanks," he murmured into the long blond hair, "I just.. don't get to very often. It's always nice when I get the chance to." More understatements, but this time Isaac had the tact to remain quiet rather than point them out.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:53 pm
Ahhhh, well why hadn't he just asked? Was he embarrassed? Zevran smiled into the darkness ahead of him and laced his fingers though Abel's and squeezed gently. "It is nice," he agreed softly, "and neither do I." Usually either he would leave straight away or, if he did stay, not trust enough to be so close but... Yes, it was nice and it was something he missed. They really would have to do this more often, it felt.... Lying like this made one feel connected, not so alone and adrift. He could get used to this, unfortunately.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:09 pm
At his friend's words, Abel made a quiet noise in the back of his throat. He sighed deeply, feeling more relaxed and content now, and gave the shorter blond's hand and shoulder a squeeze as he planted a sleepy kiss on the back of his neck. Yes, he was starting to feel a bit better; his chest didn't ache so terribly now. On top of that his exhaustion had finally gotten the better of him. His eyes slid shut and his arms gradually relaxed their gentle grip as he drifted off to sleep.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff