Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
The official CHINESE thread.. chat//names//translation etc Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:59 am
blossoming-angel
Just wondering, if anyone would like to sign a petitiion to stop the abolishment of traditional chinese in 2008?

Even though, I don't learn traditional chinese or use it often but we should let it be used. It makes characters look more sophisticated and simply, prettier.

Here's the link for the petition: Say No to UN's abolishment of Chinese Traditional Characters in 2008.

*signed* OMG, nooo...I learn traditional before simplified...and why get rid of traditional? What if some people don't know simplified? Forcing them to learn it?!! scream But yea...there's no good reason why to remove it. neutral Just let it be...simplified maybe be easier and simple like what the name states...but most people like our grandpas...etc...learned traditional...so what, if it changes...our grandpas etc needs to learn simplified? LOL, as if.

ah...mei shuo la...na...da jia hao ma?^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:21 pm
[Bab! Co.]
blossoming-angel
Just wondering, if anyone would like to sign a petitiion to stop the abolishment of traditional chinese in 2008?

Even though, I don't learn traditional chinese or use it often but we should let it be used. It makes characters look more sophisticated and simply, prettier.

Here's the link for the petition: Say No to UN's abolishment of Chinese Traditional Characters in 2008.

*signed* OMG, nooo...I learn traditional before simplified...and why get rid of traditional? What if some people don't know simplified? Forcing them to learn it?!! scream But yea...there's no good reason why to remove it. neutral Just let it be...simplified maybe be easier and simple like what the name states...but most people like our grandpas...etc...learned traditional...so what, if it changes...our grandpas etc needs to learn simplified? LOL, as if.

Ni mei shi ba? =|
This abolishment thing only applies to countries part of the UN. Which doesn't include Taiwan. However, places in like Hong Kong will have to teach simplified chinese and change whatever they have to change..

It wouldn't be that hard to learn simplified anyways. It's really similar. I knew how to read traditional characters without even learning them xp

blossoming-angel

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:05 am
blossoming-angel
[Bab! Co.]
blossoming-angel

Ni mei shi ba? =|
This abolishment thing only applies to countries part of the UN. Which doesn't include Taiwan. However, places in like Hong Kong will have to teach simplified chinese and change whatever they have to change..

It wouldn't be that hard to learn simplified anyways. It's really similar. I knew how to read traditional characters without even learning them xp

Yeah, I already know simplified but I mean for those people who grew up with it and I don't expect old people to have such good memory LOL. But why change when everything is good the way it is? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:23 pm
How many siggy's do they need?
I mean, seriously...
Still...its not fair to old people who don't go online... 誰知道..也許他們也不要繁體被KO...for lack of better terms..
Last time I checked, they were almost at 400K..I think  

mewonthefreeway

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:52 am
阿,我是两种都读得懂。
我认为都还好吧。

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:07 am
kt_jingle
阿,我是两种都读得懂。
我认为都还好吧。

Yush..I guess it'd be alright for you...
By the way...is it just me, or do you set your typing to an almost illegible size? Cuz I had to quote to guess what it said (doesn't really know simp. but can guess)
It might be just me though...
But still...did you sign?  

mewonthefreeway

Weiwei Haoma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:35 pm
氹氹轉, 菊花園!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:04 am
@ mew: signed. yes, i typed rather small, i realised. @_@

@tang: uh? what's with chrysanthemum garden. or how you spell that. biggrin

kt_jingle

...[N].ight.[R].ain...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:27 am
@angel:traditional for life...even i'm still not used to it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:29 pm
^^^Reminds me of Wang Leehom's music...somehow...  

mewonthefreeway

blossoming-angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 am
mewonthefreeway
How many siggy's do they need?
I mean, seriously...
Still...its not fair to old people who don't go online... 誰知道..也許他們也不要繁體被KO...for lack of better terms..
Last time I checked, they were almost at 400K..I think

I guess online petitions are just one of the forms of petition..

TangRen, is it suppose to say something something rotate/change, chrysanthemum garden? What does it mean? and..
What's 氹氹? The characters look amusing to me.. domokun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Is it supposed to be jian ti or fan ti?
I guessed it was tuan tuan, as my jian ti is EXTREMELY limited sweatdrop  

mewonthefreeway

anniebananie123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:33 am
my name in pinyin is : kuang1 ya3 ting2 biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:39 am
氹氹轉, 菊花園 tam tam joon, guk fa yoon, its like a lil rythme in cantonese. yes its really weird and its in traditional Its mean "spinning in circles, crysanthenum garden" but its really suppose to rythme lol  

Weiwei Haoma

mewonthefreeway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 am
Woot! I was right xp
about the funny lookin word

@Annie: you mean guang1?  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers