Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild History: A Long Expected Guild Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:47 pm
I can't imagine going on an exchange...my stepsister is doing that in April, I believe. She's fifteen, grade 10. Going to France for just a month or two, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:50 pm
Nimbrethil
That's crazy. I had some German exchange students in my school when I was in grade 9. And one at my other school in grade 12.

Edit: I forgot to say: Nienna, sounds like a fun idea to me 3nodding

That's the reason - in year eleven we all spread out to conquer the world! Something I always found amusing was that German students going to American schools are very often put into grade 12, a year higher than at home, wind up graduating with honours... and go back home for two more years. What is *especially* amusing is when they do better than the natives in English. And this happens more than people would like to admit.
To be fair, part of the reason is that because we have a three-tier school system, only 1/3 of students will actually continue through to grades 11-13, so they probably will do rather well at comprehensive schools.  

Kazaera

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:55 pm
People seem to like the idea, so....

*goes to create topic*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:57 pm
Zurgiea
I can't imagine going on an exchange...my stepsister is doing that in April, I believe. She's fifteen, grade 10. Going to France for just a month or two, though.

Yes... I was considering going to America for a few months, but an entire *year*? In a completely foreign place?
(A friend of a friend's actually went to Malaysia. Now that takes courage.)
I'm quite happy to have skipped smile  

Kazaera

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:02 pm
I was considering going to Scotland next year to study at a University there... but I've been very bad and lazy and haven't gotten around to organizing myself and making the necessary applications. Also, I'm pretty sure it would mess up my degree, because my major's a little weird.

I should stop making excuses and just go talk to the people at my school who organize these things. I really wanna go overseas. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:05 pm
Kazaera
Zurgiea

Yes... I was considering going to America for a few months, but an entire *year*? In a completely foreign place?
(A friend of a friend's actually went to Malaysia. Now that takes courage.)
I'm quite happy to have skipped smile

Bleah, I had to go to Hong Kong for a year in 4th grade, not as an exchange student, but because my dad had a subatical (sp?) there. Either way, it wasn't exactly pleasant. I was an average of 3 grades above my classmates (who were a year older than me). That proved to be quite a problem, especially seeing that I absolutely REFUSED to go to the big scary middle school with kids who were like, 4 years older than me. eek That was a really icky time in my short lifespan. Being made fun of because I was smarter and younger and didn't like wearing uniforms... sweatdrop  

zylaxidia

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:07 pm
Owch, that must have sucked -_- I would have hated that...being stuck there like that not being challenged and doing work that was too easy.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:09 pm
Nimbrethil
I was considering going to Scotland next year to study at a University there... but I've been very bad and lazy and haven't gotten around to organizing myself and making the necessary applications. Also, I'm pretty sure it would mess up my degree, because my major's a little weird.

I should stop making excuses and just go talk to the people at my school who organize these things. I really wanna go overseas. sad

Scotland?
But...
That's where I am!
Which uni? 3nodding
And do it. Do it! Scotland is just wonderful. I wouldn't be anywhere else, and considering I almost got into Cambridge, that's saying something smile

And zylaxidia - ick. I can only imagine what that's like... I got dragged off to America when I was six, but we were there for a lot longer and everyone was really nice. Then I got dragged back to Germany when I was eleven, but I never really had problems in either place. :-/ That must have been awful.  

Kazaera

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:10 pm
Owch, that must have sucked -_- I would have hated that...being stuck there like that not being challenged and doing work that was too easy.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:10 pm
Nienna of the Valar
People seem to like the idea, so....

*goes to create topic*

It's up! Now go post your pics, everyone! 3nodding  

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

zylaxidia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:15 pm
Zurgiea

Thanks Zurgiea, and Kaz, but I'll live. lol. My little self is safely back in the flat cornfields of Illinois. And my, this is getting rather off topic! blaugh We're so unskilled at this staying-on-topic thing.... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:16 pm
Pfft, who needs to stay on-topic xd

What is the topic of this thread anyways..  

Zurgi

zylaxidia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:30 pm
Zurgiea
Pfft, who needs to stay on-topic xd

What is the topic of this thread anyways..

Tis true. Ignore all my previous...nothings. lol

Ummmmmm....good question. The topic is nonexistant. XP
I'm off to look for piccies of myself. Wish me luck!

pssssst...I'm a girl. :XP So don't anyone freak out. LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:32 pm
I /cannot/ find pictures of myself. This is ridiculous. I have a photo album full of embarassing baby pictures next to me, but no scanner and *nothing* on the internet.
Which is probably a good thing, but still!
sad  

Kazaera

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:43 pm
I have no good pictures, but meh. I tend to always hate pictures of me xd  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items