Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:19 am
Onoj
Also is it just me or is anyone else PSYCHED about the new posting features? We won't have to wait for a freakin' online mod to report a thread in our precious subforum. Now it is the click of a button...

We have to still PM mods to move threads. Or "GAIA Helpers". But we have none in the forum.

If you use the Report a Thread button to say it needs to be moved than you can get punished for that -__-

Announcement
The reporting system is reserved for reporting things that are only in violation of the GAIA ToS. Submitting Thread Move Requests, Spamming, and Abusing the report system will result in being banned from the site.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:33 am
I'm backwards?!

You now have 36 votes, Onoj.  

Thaxul

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:42 am
sad Is it just me, or is Gaia turning into Neopets?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:45 am
No, it's you.  

Falathrim

Zurgi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:45 am
>___<

I don't think it's turning into Neopets, per se, it's just evolving to make it easier for the masses as the site gets bigger. We also might not know everything that they have to deal with, there are probably a lot of cases of moderators getting PMs about subjects that they cannot deal with.

But then, they have to make sure everybody reads the new announcement now, and with the "NEW" thing not there, I don't think many people will. They're going to get a fair amount of move thread requests through the report a thread button just because people don't know otherwise.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:59 am
...But now there are going to be masses of arseholes who get a kick out of reporting people and playing mod; and only come on Gaia to do so. neutral And elitism is going to get a lot bloody worse! Especially in forums such as GD.

Sorry for sounding so blunt, but I really do feel as if the admins are heading in the wrong direction here.  

Khorkalba

Falathrim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:02 pm
Abusing the report function will lead to bannings.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:05 pm
Well, I guess we're just going to have to wait and see how it plays out.

Most people will probably be too afraid to report random things they're unsure of anyways, seeing that, as Fala said, it will lead to bannings.  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:45 pm
Even if they're not abusing it, there will still be a lot of people who make a game out of reporting. You know... the people who come on Gaia to play mod, and be elitist arseholes. rolleyes

*sigh* I guess we will just have to see how it plays out...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:52 pm
Well, if they report something, and whoever it is that reads the reviews decides the report was just... where's the problem? confused

In other news, in my random travels through the vastness of the Internet, I happened across this: NC gets an inch of snow and all hell breaks loose.

I weep for humanity.  

Falathrim

Caeleste

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:56 pm
WTH? 2 inches of snow? b***h, PLEASE.
------

I have the BEST. TIMING. EVAR.

First Menegil Pr0n, now this.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:00 pm
Fala Pr0n will swiftly outsell Menegil Pr0n, you have my word.

...I just killed the last of my Gaia gold playing around with my avatar. But that's what Gaia gold is for, so I ain't complaining about any holes I burn in my pocket.  

Falathrim

Onoj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:08 pm
I don't understand the problem. They haven't changed the reporting sytem just made it easier. The mods are still the same and have the final call on whether to delete/ban a thread/person. So I don't understand how it is bad if they just made it easier to report people but the final dsecision is still based on the same old mods.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:10 pm
I'm sure it will...humhum.

It was kind of amusing to click refresh every two minutes and see how your avatar changed, Fala.  

Caeleste

Falathrim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:16 pm
I'm sure it was.

I still can't decide if I like any of these shirts. :/  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games