Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

White0Devil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:01 am
Talon Prime
White0Devil
Now, now. Let's not loose our head for such a trivial matter.

Okay, let's consider that your first strike. Bad jokes aside, realize that your attempt at humor was not well recieved. That is well enough, but pushing the joke on after offending someone- a mod no less- is not acceptable.

Maaan, talk about classwars... or maybe it should be called "rankwars" rolleyes "Respect the people above you or suffer the consequenses! *waves pitchfork and a threat of ban*"

Well, that was posted around... 02-03 in the morning so you can consider the fact that my sense of humour wasn't that good (Oh yeah, I live in Europe, just so you know.) ^^;

Also, I dont keep track of people who's ranked higher then me or not. I simply write what I feel. Oh and that "dont loose you head"-thing wasn't a insult if that's what you think : )

Just a... "trap" I set domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:09 am
*sigh* Sitting at a park for several hours... catnapping most of the time... Thank goodness I didn't wind up losing my pasty-paleness, though I got a slight tan...

Was worth it for the fireworks, though >>  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:20 am
White0Devil, this has nothing to do with "class," if there was such a thing when talking about mods. This has everything to do with keeping order and civility in this guild. heart

I didn't go anywhere to see fireworks, but my friend's neighbors were setting a bunch of them off when I was visiting her. So I saw those. And we lit sparklers! :3 I haven't done that since I was very small. They're fun. We drew our names in the air and everything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:46 am
*hugs erryone*

White0Devil, I'm reserving judgement, but lines like "Just a... 'trap' I set" aren't that endearing...

Suppose I should do some posting and critwork now... Yeah. Dang the house for being large and empty again ><  

Merlinic Matrices

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 am
Merlinic Matrices

Suppose I should do some posting and critwork now... Yeah. Dang the house for being large and empty again ><

*random glomp, shoves a cookie in your mouth, then bounces off to watch more Bleach*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:37 pm
The new Harry Potter game, I assume?

We didn't do much for July 4th. We usually at least light sparklers, but my parnts went to a cookout, and I was working the entire day (to sub for someone who suddenly made plans).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

FRUITFLY_x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:41 pm
Cat69
@ Fruitfly - were you at the show in Vancouver??

yee, holy ********, it was amazing. i wish i could go back and do it all again. Next year is going to have more bands i heard, plus on top of that, i'm pretty sure i'm going to ozzfest next year. =)
SO HAPPYYY  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:19 pm
White0Devil

Maaan, talk about classwars... or maybe it should be called "rankwars" rolleyes "Respect the people above you or suffer the consequenses! *waves pitchfork and a threat of ban*"

Well, that was posted around... 02-03 in the morning so you can consider the fact that my sense of humour wasn't that good (Oh yeah, I live in Europe, just so you know.) ^^;

Also, I dont keep track of people who's ranked higher then me or not. I simply write what I feel. Oh and that "dont loose you head"-thing wasn't a insult if that's what you think : )

Just a... "trap" I set domokun

I believe John Travolta said it best in the movie Basic.

"It is too late and I'm too tired to listen to some pissant's version of bad intrigue"

A trap you set? Are you a hunter? oh oh! Do you catch mice for a living?

No?

Then let me make it clear to you what it was. It was a bad pun that you thought would be amusing. No more no less. That does not make you clever by any stretch of your seemingly, somewhat limited imagination.

It makes you like any other BAD comedian. Doing anything to get a cheap laugh.

Now, i'm normally not this mean. But the fact that you decided to challenge talon, because someone let know it MIGHT not be appropriate and construed that as some sort of threat... "by a mod with the threat of banning"?

I'm sorry. Stupidity and incivility bothers me in all forms. In this guild we just happen to be able to do something about it.

And sporky! *HUGGGLES* Welcome back

And ease up on the cussing hun! We do try to keep this PGish. I'll womp Talon to do the same.  

krome_devil

White0Devil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:52 pm
I got a feat for puns.... two of them to be precise...

Oh well, as I stated earlier I was tired when I wrote that, even the worst jokes seems good when you're tired.

Anywho, Im going to go out on a limb here and make a guess that most people here are from the USA.

Anyone who could bother to confirm my suspicion?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:02 pm
I understand what you're saying to us, but you still seem to have a bit of an arrogant tongue...er, fingers.
Even when you're tired, it still gives you no excuse.

Yes, I'm from the USA, but I don't see why that's relevant.

Might I give you some advice so you don't wind up getting banned from this here guild? Treat everyone with respect, if you don't think of people in different ranks, such as mod and regular member of the guild. Think about what you say before saying them, and try not to offend anyone at any given time. Even when tired.  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:27 pm
*stomps in, proudly wearing the black armband of 'Captain' reserved for official business* evil Okay, you want a little bit of an explanation? Fine.

1. I am not a mod. I am Captain. I am the one in charge of this place, and will not allow your crude and unwelcome humor to disrupt my home. The Refuge has been in good standing for longer than I can recall, and I have no intention of letting that standard fall.

2. You disrespected one of my Mods, and a friend of mine at that. Yoder has been one of my best for some time now, and regardless of local colour in humor, you were asked to stop, and made another comment in bad taste.

3. We told you that it was an unwelcome comment, and you persisted. That is neither wise, nor endearing. If anything, it pisses me off. We have very few rules around here, but already you manage to break one- respect.

4. Rankwars? If that were the case, you would have been banned already. Not because you piss me off, but because you show absolutely no respect for your fellow members- and they are my priority. This place has great value for me, and if the members are not safe/pleased, then it is my job to fix it.

If you can't control yourself at '02-03' in the morn, then here is an idea . . . don't post then. You won't piss me off, and you won't have to worry about how others might see it later.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:16 pm
FRUITFLY_x
yee, holy, it was amazing. i wish i could go back and do it all again. Next year is going to have more bands i heard, plus on top of that, i'm pretty sure i'm going to ozzfest next year. =)
SO HAPPYYY

that's awesome!! a buddy of mine went as well and loved it...i couldn't get the day work tho gonk hopefully next year!!!!

the only concert's coming up that i'm goin to are the Fox Seeds/Priestess show and Silverchair....fri and sat of the same weekend - should be a good one!  

Cat69

Xeroxer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:36 am
1-(450)-252-5180 Summer School
1-(450)-773-4344 Reg.

Ignore the phone numbers above. Just my school and stuff.

He's saying "trap" to recuperate dignity, it's like saying: "Oh, I was just testing all of you."

It's a fall-back plan rolleyes

I've never seen a problem with this guild ever since I joined in 05 xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:21 am
It rained too much here for fireworks which makes me sad because they're the only part of the 4th I like... gonk Ah well. There's always next year and in the mean time, I can experiment w/my own...(just kidding, I like all my limbs and pets rolleyes )

SIDE NOTE TO TALON: I love your avie, it made me laugh for like 5 min.
whee  

Electric Kool-Aid

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games