Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:13 pm
Ne... Now i'm thinking 'bout doing some sort of Bleach RP... Even if it weren't OC's, it would be fun to play as Yachiru and Zaraki...

Reminds me a lot like Haku and Zabuza... Cute and innocent-looking, paired with Big and dangerous.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:48 pm
crying  

Phaeton 2

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:52 pm
Phaeton 2
crying

Hmm? eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:58 pm
Nevermind. crying  

Phaeton 2

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:10 pm
Phaeton 2
Nevermind. crying

Never mind what? gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:15 pm
im sorry but the above posts look so funny *lolroflmao*  

AlwynRowanwind

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:12 pm
I have a fairly decent OC for a Bleach game that was played for a short bit, then the owner decided on a time jump . . . and I lost interest.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:23 pm
I'm only on episode 35, so I haven't really considered making an OC, just yet.
I did, however, wind up drawing some random picture of a Shinigami and a Hollow... I might make him an OC, or someat... ne, ne, who knows?  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:42 pm
As said before, I loved the story arc until episode 60. Then things went downhill fast. I never got more than a few episodes into the filler.

As for my OC, I loved him . . . still have him, to be honest. I created both him and his zanpaktou- Charles Takena partnered with Aitourensa.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:51 pm
I don't tend to like fillers, either, so i'll probably wind up stopping there, as well...

What kind of zanpaktou is Aitourensa?  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:04 pm
Zampaktou name: Aitourensa Lament Chain if my translation is correct

Look: As is the normal for shimigami, in it's resting state, Aitourensa appears to be constructed as any other sword. Average in both length and balance, it has the stylized markings alone to make it unique. In the case of this weapon, the blade has a faint pattern of a grey chain etched into both sides of the blade. From even a medium distance that pattern is so faint that it merely seems to be the blade coloured as a dull grey rather than the usual steel. The crosspiece is broken up into eight separate bars, all swirling to form a rounded appearance from a distance. The handle itself is normal, made for a two-handed grip if neccessary, a tan leather serving as the wrappings with no identifying marks.

Shikai look: In order to release the blade, it is held blade down, and the off hand grips the handle at it's base. The bottom of said handle is pulled away from the rest of the blade. As it glows and comes with that pull, the blade itself shortens dramatically to approximately 18 inches, and bends like a scythe starting at a 80 degree angle from the crosspiece which disappears. All the chain etchings disappear to be replaced by a Yin on one side and a Yang on the reverse, dominating the blade's appearance. While the blade morphs, the crosspiece literally unfurls and then lays all eight bars upward, parallel to the handle until they fuse into the bar adding more grip should it need to be held close to the remaining blade. The handle closest to said crosspiece remains the same, making what was a katana into a kama. The pulled end, however morphs into a weighted octagonal piece with short blades on each side. Connecting the two after transformation is a length of approximately ten feet of chain links, dull grey in colour. In essence, the Shikai is a Ksuri-gama.

Call: Keiyou . . . Aitourensa Which I believe translates into either commanding it to "Display" or "Fly"

Powers: Capable of releasing silvery strands of reiatsu that have the ability to bind. Individually they are relatively weak, but with repeated swipes can create an ever increasing wrap that will not only bind what it lands on, but anchor to other surfaces- tethering it down (or up as the case may be)

Techniques:

Gattai kyuuten / Unite the Heavens: It is usable at both rest and Shikai levels, but with dramatically different effects. At rest, it sends out bands of Reiatsu that move in a straight line- no homing ability. When this band hits a target, it wraps around said object to something the size of a large gorilla and binds it tight. Optimally, it can be used to pin an arm, or both arms, to an opponent's body to severely limit the combat ability of the target. It can also be used to bind legs, obviously, limiting movement. The effect of this level is only a few minutes, and does not cause any real damage other than some light brusing.

Shikai level: At this level, the bands are much stronger, and can be either sent out with a slash of the Kama, or be applied directly through the chain. When used through the blade, it is merely a more powerful version of the resting state. Again, no homing capability, but in this case it can break some bones on weaker opponents. Should the Chain be used, however, it is dramatically different. The same effect of binding, but as it is still contained in the Zanpaktou, it is without a time limit. Also, since it is more than mere reiatsu, it is much more difficult to break once a hold is established. The greatest advantage to this is using the chain with reiatsu allows for some homing ability.

Most effective in close quarters, it can become a distance attack as well should the weapon be thrown in a manner not unlike a bolo. As a drawback, if the weapon is to be controlled when thrown, Charles must remain static- meaning if he moves and breaks concentration, he no longer can control where the weapon goes, nor can he call it back. Big benefits must be weighed with big risks. Either the opponent is bound heavily, or he is unarmed in combat.

Youkai mou / Phantom Snare: With a moment of concentration, Charles can send a burst of Reiatsu through his Zanpaktou's blade. Upon impact, the blade will release this energy in the form of a web that stretches out similar to a net. Like "Unite Heaven and Earth," it is a set of binding strands. The major difference is this will cover a larger area in a single burst- but not encircle the opponent. The strands will hold fast to what they come in contact with. Since it is not a constricting force, stronger opponents would be able to break free.

The range of the Youkai mou is limited by two factors- reiatsu and time. For each moment (say around fifteen seconds) spent concentrating his energy, the web's diameter will extend another nine feet. For anything truly large, it will take a massive amount of energy- leaving Charles weak, and a long time to prepare. Not designed to be a mid-combat manouver, this is more along the lines of an ambush scenario.

Ryoushi yotogi / Hunter's Watch: A secondary ability that works primarily with the Youkai mou, but can be applied to Gattai kyuuten. By keeping Aitourensa's blade in contact with the reiatsu strands, he can feel the slightest vibration through them. The struggles of a caught opponent are very clear and easy for him to discern. This requires Charles to remain static or his 'vision' through the web is much less detailed. Should his Zanpaktou lose contact, the effect is gone.

Kaze hochou / Wind Cadence: Sending out a thicker, more dense line of reiatsu thread, Charles can use it to climb, rappel, or swing from. This thread my be able to hold a lot more in tension, but is much weaker to cuts. Very easy to slice with a blade edge, it is designed to be that way for easy release. Unfortunately, any blade edge should cleave it with little effort, including thrown kunai or other sharp objects.

The Kaze hochou is also useable in resting state, but at a much weaker level. Only able to support himself, Charles cannot have anything close to heavy encumberance, or the thread will snap. In Shikai level, he can in theory carry another person or two, depending on their weight.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:13 pm
Wow! Aitourensa seems like a pretty great zanpaktou. I see you've given a lot of thought to the details behind attacks and things, ne?  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:14 pm
Tee hee hee . . . and equal detail was given to the Shimigami. I don't like to make half-assed charecters.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:18 pm
I've noticed blaugh

Ne, Talon-sama... got any ideas that could help me work on my own OC?  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:21 pm
Well, it depends a lot on where you want to go with said chareter, and the ideas you have for them. Just PM me, and if anything comes to mind I will gladly give it to you and help if I can.

For now, I am out. Love ya all! 4laugh  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games