Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:42 pm
True, Mou, we've discussed guild interaction before but have never really done anything. I think it'd be a good idea, as well. I'll do a little research into some RPing guilds of like size and quality.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 pm
My fingers hurt . . . because I just finished up two more class descriptions for WoE! whee

The class profiles for Wizards and Sages are now up! So all those interested in WoE, please go check it out! rofl *shameless plug*  

Gale OverDrive

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:45 pm
My fingers don't hurt after I type up long things... I just wind up with a headache, or the lack of the ability to think up anything to use for RP's, or whatever...

Yes, the Goose lives. She's discovered that, without breakfast, she can turn into a nervous wrek within the span of the first three days of school.
Goosey plans on having something for breakfast every morning.

School's awesome... Teaching someone to play Bass in Jazz band, and that helps me get through the fact that the teacher's a bit of a flake. The only issue I have is that I'd rather have English first hour, and Math last hour, instead of the other way around....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:21 pm
*Screams and babbles incoherently* after a tenuous period of waitlisting, I made it into japanese! yay! *dances* I'm so hyper it's ridiculous!  

Electric Kool-Aid

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:22 pm
I might have made it into japanese... we'll see.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:32 pm
Sorry to have worried you, Mou. I did change my name a tad, something a bit more 'me.' Nice to have you back, my dear. I always did enjoy your company. *gluggles* Yeah, the crew is all but non-exsistant these days and it concerns me greatly. As for guild affiliation- see the crew section. Yoder has some interesting proposals . . .

Lys, don't we have similar swords yet? I mean, we have Katanas, don't we?

Goosey, I hope you didn't break off more than you can deal with. Just have an english muffin to start with and go from there. Every day before work I have a HUGE bowl of cereal, and it works for me.

EKA- I am insanely jealous. My jealousy is equal to your joy. crying  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:40 pm
I had some cerial this morning, and it helped greatly.
I actually don't have very hard classes, this semester. Most of them are sophmore classes, since they didn't give me credit for my freshman year... I'll have everything made up, mostly, by the end of this year.

(math, english, and geography, or something of the sort, along with psychology/sociology for an extra, next semester)

Hopefully, by my senior year, I can take an art class per semester, so I can work on that, too. I was a bit bummed I didn't one, this year... Alas, I got jazz band, which music is gonna be my career, so I guess it's okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:54 pm
Lucky devils . . .

I can't take Japanese, or any foreign language at all until my college tells me to take a Foreign Language class for my GE credit!  

Gale OverDrive

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:06 pm
I went from Southern Texas to Central Pennsylvania. Japanese is not in demand here, nor is it likely to ever be.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:28 pm
*runs off to read the new WoE classes for fun*

Goosey! *gluggles*
Breakfast is important for some people, and merely a hassle for others. I excercise every morning, so I don't need breakfast.

Have fun, EKA!

As for language, I took a year of Spanish (all my school requires). In college, I won't have to take any languages based upon my dual majors ( gonk Pre-Med AND Software Enginerring gonk ). At least I don't have to worry about college for now, because I'm going to start my Senior year of High School this month.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Scarlet Lys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:59 pm
Actually, yeah, Magni, our swords are katanas, but I'd prefer a closer resemblance to those of the movie...I guess I could pretend it's taken from there, though, couldn't I, since katanas seem like a general weapon? I'll settle for that, then.

I never used to have breakfast, until I'd work out in the morning and be hungry as hell afterward, and to top that off I'd go to school on 4-5 hours of sleep or less and nearly fall asleep during class. Not good. A bowl of cereal or a scrambled egg always wakes me up and gives me energy, and curbs my hunger pangs later on, too. Plus it makes me think better during school for some reason.

I WISH I had Japanese in my high school! All we had was French, German, and Spanish, and I took four years of Spanish all through. I think for now (though I'm not positively sure) in the upcoming month for college I'm going to double major in International Relations and Spanish, and then minor in Arabic, because although my fourth year of Spanish was torture I want to learn as many languages as I can. But Japanese...I envy you all. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:07 pm
We don't have japanese at my school, sadly, so I have to get into a College class... and hope the credit works for my school.... *doesn't particularly want to take French, German, or Spanish(Because they're school classes... no dis to the languages themselves)*  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Scarlet Lys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:18 pm
Yeah, I didn't particularly want to take Spanish at first. I'd still prefer to learn Japanese or something else, hopefully Farsi, or Chinese too. 3nodding The only problem with that is separating the languages apart when you speak...I already have trouble discerning from Spanish/Arabic/English sometimes when I say a word. I'll say it in the wrong language xD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:30 pm
Ooh, Arabic would be a neat language.

I took two years of Spanish in high school and hated it. I only remember a very small handful of words now. sweatdrop I wish I'd taken German or Latin, either would have been equally helpful for a music degree... alas, but I had not the foresight. Ah well. I didn't take any languages in college either, since the music ed majors have no time to take them (perf majors do, but we had too many other classes to worry about). I'll get them in grad school, though, whenever that is. Especially if I get a masters in music, most times they expect you to already have had a language or two, so I'm behind in that regard.

For that matter, being in the honors program, I didn't take English, Math, Science, History, or much of anything else, either. XD All I took were music, honors (mostly they're seminars in specialty subjects, so they're not "honors versions" of regular classes), and education classes, with Psych 101 and gym. That was it. And I still ended up taking 18 credit hours a semester to finish in four years.... Loved every minute, I can tell you. heart

And I'm weird about breakfast. Sometimes I need it, sometimes I don't. During high school, I couldn't survive without a bowl of cereal in the morning. During college, I never ate breakfast. Occasionally I'd grab a granola bar on my way out the door, and that was enough. Now, it really just depends on when I get up and whether or not I had a late-night snack.  

Cobalt

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:04 pm
Okay, so this girl I know in real life just uppity sends me a gift randomly.

We were talking about what I should buy on Gaia, and my unusual love for all things angelic.

I open the box and BOOM, I'm being stared at in the face by an Angelbow that I've been trying to save up for, for a while now.

And she still doesn't admit that she sent it. o.O gonk  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games