Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:47 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:40 pm
The only interestate or overseas trips I'm contemplating about for the next year or so is a journey to the Gold Coast, Queensland and the Barrier Reef, and a return trip to China that involves visiting Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Xian, and the Great Wall, in addition to my home city xd .

Going to Europe is something I will never think about for a very, very long time.  

Minielf

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:40 pm
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:53 pm
That's the difference between. You've been to all of the major cities of Europe many times because its easy to move between different countries of the EU nowadays isn't it? Plus I bet your family has enough money to plan such a trip.

I however, live in a country twice the size of Europe, where the nearest other big city (Canberra, Sydney, Adelaide etc), is hundreds of kilometres away. It's not so easy going on a round trip of Australia than it is for you to travel across Europe.  

Minielf

soumakisa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:37 pm
at least u are staying at the east side of Australia right?
i was staying in the west, Perth!! so it's even much further from the other cities.. xD

but i did flew over to Goldcoast and Sydney...
goldcoast was quite boring =3 nothing much there except for the themeparks... the beach wasnt that spectacular either.. =3 looks very commercialized...
sydney was fun~ wish i could visit melbourne but didnt have a chance to...

i wish to travel to Europe but it's a long journey + it's expensive gonk
i've only been to paris when i was little...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:56 am

Niphredil Ithilmir

K i m m e h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:03 am
Toki you lucky bish! gonk

I only get to goto Japan this year, and it's like $3000 for two weeks.

There's been heaps of people coming in to talk to us about cultural exchange programs, my friend's going to France for 6 months and another one might be going to the US for 6 months.
It would be interesting, but I'd only want to go for 6 weeks or 3 months, because I really do wanna live in Australia and have a job here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:38 am
soumakisa
at least u are staying at the east side of Australia right?
i was staying in the west, Perth!! so it's even much further from the other cities.. xD

but i did flew over to Goldcoast and Sydney...
goldcoast was quite boring =3 nothing much there except for the themeparks... the beach wasnt that spectacular either.. =3 looks very commercialized...
sydney was fun~ wish i could visit melbourne but didnt have a chance to...

i wish to travel to Europe but it's a long journey + it's expensive gonk
i've only been to paris when i was little...

Sydney, how should I say it...sucked sweatdrop . Big time. he street layout of the entire city is just atrocious, the train system's not very good either. Worse, apart from the Blue Mountains and Wonderland, and the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, there isn't much else worth interest. And there's just something oprresive about the city's atmosphere that makes you want to leave after a few days. That's what I felt when I went to Sydney during Christmas of 2002. I don't know about you but Sydney definitely isn't a good place to live. I'm definitely going to the Gold Coast at the end of this year...just to experience the theme parks! xd

Come to Melbourne, we have cookies pirate . And AFL. And other sporting events. And awesome restaurants and shopping.

Niph: I'll travel to Europe. Eventually. But not before I become either a PhD scholar at Melbourne University, or an extremely successful writer/businessman.  

Minielf

K i m m e h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:55 am
Melbourne > Sydney and almost everywhere else.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:19 am
I'm sure you will, 'elf 3nodding

I've always wanted to go to Australia. And Norway.. and Peru.. and Ireland.. ok, you get the point..  

Niphredil Ithilmir

K i m m e h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:53 am
Sleepy time now. blaugh Bai!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:50 pm
I went to a free gig yesterday at a bar in town and a really good ska band was playing called the Jurassic Ska Bandits. The band consisted of old pupils from my school and guys from a college in Henley. Very lively and fun. The only bad thing was that there wasn't enough room in the bar to get some good skanking going on.  

Tokioka

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:37 pm
Toki is taking his leave for a while. I don't know why I have to go, I just feel that life is moving on without me. It's a bit sudden but I need to do this. Don't know when I'll be back.
See you guys around. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:45 pm
Minielf: u should visit perth then.. xD the transport system is even worst! the bus comes in like every 1 hr... sweatdrop and it's super far away!! i have to walk miles to the bus-stop.. =3 not much places to visit except like fremantle and the city.. sweatdrop oh.. but i love cottesole beach... heart the indian ocean is so beautiful...  

soumakisa

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:59 pm
ninja  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games