Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Xyirii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:33 pm
Oh, I shall. But for now I must flee into the night. I have to get up early tomorrow DX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:36 pm
Same . . . welcome though, XD.  

Gale OverDrive

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:41 pm
Welcome, new people! *gluggles*

Gaia should reinstate post length-based gold awarding. The problem is that caused people to quote the first post of a topic that had a big first post.

*already feels old with some of the tries expressions he uses and ornery thoughts he conceives*

Go, Granny, Go!

Futons rock! I'll probably get a futon for my first place.

Here's a Japanese quiz for you two. What does "Yukidaruma" mean?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:47 pm
Well... Yuki means snow... >>;
not sure about what daruma means... or what it is all together.  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:51 pm
If Gaia reinstated post length-based gold earning, then RPers, and creators would be raking it in like crazy.

Yuki is snow, I think for anyone who watches anime, that's a given. But Daruma is another thing . . . question  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:08 pm
Yes, yuki means snow, and from what I know, daruma is the Japanese translation of the Sanskrit word 'dharma', pertaining to Zen Buddhism. O_o -shoos before she dies of exhaustion.-

Xyirii

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:09 pm
*blinks*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:12 pm
It is the title of a particular doll, as well, also pertaining to the Zen Buddhism faith. -yawns.-

Xyirii

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:17 pm
Wow . . .never would've thought of that!

Guess it's a good thing that you joined the guild after all!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:18 pm
I'm not sure of any Zen stuff, but I do know Yukidaruma means "Snowman." mrgreen  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Xyirii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:19 pm
M'yes. I'm a bottomless pit of useless and very random information XD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:21 pm
-nods.- I figured as much. My brain is too tired for me to remember things I don't immediately know..the Zen stuff I knew from reading about it a while back...I have an English-Japanese-English dictionary somewhere too where I'm sure I could have figured it out eventually..XD -dies.-

Xyirii

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 pm
o.O First time I've seen a double post I dunno how long . . .

Nuuu! Don't die on us just yet! It's your first day (or night) in RPR!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:35 pm
*plops into her normal seat a bit down but getting over it quickly* *gluggles everyone* so what is new  

AlwynRowanwind

Micaelae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:03 am
Electric Kool-Aid
Hephaestus-Your opinion has been duly noted...Personally I love Pratchett...go figure, I love British humor. Good Omens is on my to do list as a matter of fact and I'm trying to find a cheap copy or borrow one from a friend. To my dismay my library hasn't got it. Mehj
xp

Ivel-sama: I'm taking Japanese 101 starting tomorrow evening, and Goosey and I were thinking about trying to PM each other to improve our practice time (as no one in my area speaks Japanese) so I was thinking to include you as well?

In any case I have to get up early and such therefore *snuggles into bed with her security blankie after deciding against spending the night in her fort/box with Goosey, although the idea was tempting and had much merit as she'd be able to protect her domain from foreign invaders and still receive the required eight hours of sleep tranquility* Oyasuminasai everyone!

-Yawns mightily-ah... Ohayo everyone(good morning)

I always liked Terry Pratchett, he always grabbed me with those lil footnotes at the bottom of the page.Haha...witty.

Pfft Yoder isn't old, well, nto as old as myself.

-plops down into his favorite,overstuffed armchair and sips Tea.-Mmmm....Tea...

ah, hectichectic. I'm moving this weekend finally, and I have no where near enough boxes for all my books!

-hunched over a few hundred pounds of paperbacks/hardcovers.

Oof....I recently stopped going to the library and actually buying books outright, been collecting 3-4 paperbacks a week(I absorb the information in them through osmosiso.O) Ah...so heavy...

-totters and collapses with books fluttering around him like birds-  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games