Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil, "Did You Know" 's? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:48 am
Did you know that Marvin's character was originally supposed to be white?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:08 pm
Huh. Glad he wasn't.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:54 pm
Although you gotta wonder. Two RE games in a row, the first character who dies is black.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:07 am
I can't believe I never said this sooner. xd

Did you know Jill's REmake model was made in the image of uber-hot babe Julia Voth? I can get a pic later, right now I'm in school. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:03 am
I didn't know that one. I went ahead and looked her up and wow, she is very beautiful.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 pm
Canas Renvall
I can't believe I never said this sooner. xd

Did you know Jill's REmake model was made in the image of uber-hot babe Julia Voth? I can get a pic later, right now I'm in school. razz
I would've said it, but I thought everyone knew. She's been my PS3 wallpaper for a while now. Mikami also reused Jill's face and based another game character on Voth in a game called P.N.03.

Other notable characters whose appearance was deliberately based on real people:

Jacques Blanc from Onimusha 3
Maria from SH2 (based on her voice actress)
Elle from SH Homecoming (also based on her voice actress)

I'd list a bunch of Final Fantasy characters based on Gackt, but Gackt isn't a real person.

And while we're on the topic... Did you know that Rebecca's RE0 model was based on the image of the Japanese pop star Ayumi Hamasaki? So if you thought Rebecca looked a bit too cartoony, that's why.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:21 pm
Sorry about not getting the picture sooner, I was playing the Uncharted 2 beta. razz

Anyway, the lovely Julia Voth!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm
That's a crappy comparison, though. Since Jill barely ever smiles and never like THAT. Here's a better one:
http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/julia-voth-photo-1.jpg

Man, I can't wait until b***h Slap comes out on DVD. I missed out on it during the Toronto Film Festival this month.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:41 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
That's a crappy comparison, though. Since Jill barely ever smiles and never like THAT. Here's a better one:
http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/julia-voth-photo-1.jpg

Man, I can't wait until b***h Slap comes out on DVD. I missed out on it during the Toronto Film Festival this month.

Haha, I just used that pic for the recent news I just put up a few minutes ago. xd

Yeah, I wanna see b***h Slap too...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:05 pm
What is this b***h Slap?  

Mr. Kennedy

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
And while we're on the topic... Did you know that Rebecca's RE0 model was based on the image of the Japanese pop star Ayumi Hamasaki? So if you thought Rebecca looked a bit too cartoony, that's why.

I had already mentioned that in this thread. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 pm
Mr. Kennedy
What is this b***h Slap?

It's this movie starring Julia Voth. It's made to be a sort of an homage to 1970's exploitation movies. But basically it's an action movie filled with girls, boobs, guns and bad guys. So it's probably very awesome.

AngelaAshford

I had already mentioned that in this thread. xd

Was it this thread? I couldn't find it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:38 am
Sorry, Bio... don't mean to rain on your parade but...

I know you said you loved Tara Platt as Jill in RE: UC. However, did you know that Jill in Umbrella Chronicles is not voiced by Tara Platt, but by Patricia Ja Lee, Jill's VA in RE5? You can hear/see the proof yourself in the video interview in the news thread.

*looks at watch and waits for the eventual shift from love to hate* rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:47 pm
Canas Renvall

I know you said you loved Tara Platt as Jill in RE: UC. However, did you know that Jill in Umbrella Chronicles is not voiced by Tara Platt, but by Patricia Ja Lee, Jill's VA in RE5? You can hear/see the proof yourself in the video interview in the news thread.

Makes sense to me about Jill's voice actor from RE5 voicing her in RE: UC. To say the truth, I can't really make any comment about Jill's voices from the past, so I can't say a love or hate statement.

What I didn't know is that D.C. Douglas, Wesker's RE5 voice actor, voiced the traitor in Umbrella Chronicles. I thought it was Richard Waugh... until I actually cared to look and listen carefully again. However, I bet everyone knows that.

...No wonder I said that as soon as the intro was over first time playing UC.

I Rebecca Chambers l

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:28 pm
Canas Renvall

To be completely honest with you, it's been a while since I heard what Jill sounds like in UC, so I didn't remember exactly.
But if that's the case, then it makes hating UC that much easier. So thank you, for that. Now I can say that aside from the fact that there was no White Mage Opera Marcus, and the guilty pleasure soundtrack, there's not one good thing about Umbrella Chronicles.

But you know, if Tara Platt HAD voiced Jill... Say... In Remake, Jill would've sounded dayumn sexy!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff