Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Andor
Giang Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:01 pm

((I think it's gettin close to my last post for the night.))
"Thanks." Cobain said, standing up and nodding at Melthin. "I"ll do that." he promised, his voice low as well. He made his way back to Kiae's table, sitting next to Kiae.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Esole nodded to Cobain as he left. She returned her attentions to Melthin. "Nice of you to finally arrive, Melthin dearest. I was beginning to think you had left," she said sternly while motioning him to sit.

Professor Inky
Captain

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Melthin completely ignored the man's nod and stared at Esole with a curious glare of sorts, one he often held while trying to puzzle out deeper meanings. "Other herb?" Even though his curiosity was honest, his mind could no help but to linger on Esole's figure, sitting as he bade him to sit. Just being around her body, the way it moved and breathed, had an effect on him. Am I that herb? More importantly, am I to be taken soon? He almost chuckled to himself at the last thought. "I am severely sorry for my absence. I was trying not to cause a commotion in the village." He shot a glance from the corner of his eye at the Yellow.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Esole had some idea of Melthin's thoughts from his feelings and arched an eyebrow at him. She had missed his presence - it would have helped to have him there last night to keep her calm when dealing with the Yellow - but was not in the mood. "Yes, other herb. One I picked up from a village wise woman in Caemlyn," she said lightly. Esole eyed the man up and down before settling her sights on her punch.

Professor Inky
Captain

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Melthin nodded and looked to one of the serving women "Some wine if you have any, if not then the finest ale." He schooled himself for letting his thoughts trail into those depths, mentally slapping himself for being so brash and blunt. "I would never leave you and you know it" He said, trying to reaffirm the fact to her. A guardian forever in the shadows. "Now I do believe that you needed to talk to me about something. Or was my bond affected by the ale as well?"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:34 pm

"It was the events that you missed last night. Kiae Bonded Ethin and Cobain. I nearly killed Ethin and this morning I got drunk of my bottom," she said, letting out a breath she hadn't known she was holding. Esole looked into Melthin's eyes, wondering what he thought of the fine mess she had created for herself.

Professor Inky
Captain

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 pm

"Ah I see." He adjusted his glasses again, a slight smile at the corner of his mouth. I no longer have to share you. What glorious news! "You had every right to do it. After all he betrayed you by going to the Yellow." His face lost the small grin as he got his wine and a glass, paying for it with an Andoran crown. "If you wish, I will stay with you as long as I can before I trod off to clear a path. Which reminds me" He paused as he took a drink of the wine "You do not like my talent?"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 pm

"Melthin, he is still my Warder," she said gravely. Esole stared up into his sadly. "Honestly, it is very unsettling. I am not fond of it at all." She knew it was something he was very talented at, and to have someone he cared about tell him she didn't like his talent must not have been happy news. She gripped his hand tightly in hers, "I'm sorry."

Professor Inky
Captain

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Melthin shook his head and set his other hand over hers "It’s fine. In fact I've been thinking about either making or investing in parts for two marionettes. That way you will never see me manipulate a corpse again. Who knows, maybe even the Yellow will stay near you then." His mind began formulating the parts he would either have to make or buy as well as different weapons he would be able to build into the puppets.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Esole beamed up at him affectionately. "That's a wonderful idea," she said happily, tightening her grip on his hand.
"Perhaps, while you work on it I can try and smooth things over with Kiae," she said uncertainly. Whenever she was with him, she always felt like she was acting a small child.
"A much more logical child than the adult Esole," she thought wryly.

Professor Inky
Captain

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 pm

"I am glad that you praise it so." He gave her a grateful smile in return, a little happy that she though his idea was 'wonderful'. I am unworthy of such praise. He took his hand off of her to take another sip of his wine, his mouth feeling a little dry. "If you wish, you could tell the Yellow of my Idea. Perhaps then she would travel with us. Strength in numbers they say."
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:11 pm

The Inkinator
Taking Cobain's departure from the table as a good enough reason to sit, Ethin took the chair across from Kiae so he could keep an eye on Esole while not looking away from Kiae.
He knew she was having a headache this morning, but that's not what concerned him. It was her feelings that bothered him. He had a strong feeling they had to do with him.
"Kiae Sedai, I must speak with you concerning the Bond," he said, watching Cobain put Esole in her seat. Ethin returned his gaze to Kiae and stared at her intently before going on. "I know it may seem like I asked for the bond to use you for your knowledge, but that is far from the case, Aes Sedai. That is a bonus, but as I said before: We need you and you need us. If we all stay together, you, who said you're being targeted by the New Order, are better protected. And we can benefit you as well. Not only are you better protected, you have another Aes Sedai and an Asha'man - if a rather elusive one - who you can link with to become a stronger force against attackers."

(Goddamn, you people of unprintable words! I miss it all, all because I work!!! Thanks for sticking Ethin with me, though, and not abandoning me, Inky!)

"I appreciate you trying to explain, Ethin," Kiae replied, easily being civil. "But I did not Bond Andurael merely for protection, or because I needed him for service. And I do not Bond anyone for such a sad reason as that."
She shook her head, and sighed. "I may have decided to travel with you only because of your words. But I feel as if I have been tricked into Bonding someone who cares as little for me as a wolf does for grass," she admitted. "I was foolish. But to Bond someone merely because you need them for power, or knowledge, or anything like that - I dislike the idea immensely. It's merely another way to use someone."
Kiae glanced at Cobain as he returned to the table, and clasped her hands together so tightly her knuckles were white - an obvious effort to control her emotions. "I will retain the Bond until an Aes Sedai bloodhound is no longer needed on this hunt," she said dryly. "And then there is apparently no more need for it."
It hurt her to say that - she would have liked to have thought the Bond to Ethin was not merely useful, but of actual friendship - but nothing he said rang of that.

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 pm

((Is Inky gone? I think she logged... And damn, you were working that whole time?))
Cobain caught the last part of the conversation, tilting his head slightly to one side as he did when thinking. "Well, at least Esole's sober." he announced, unable to think of anything else to say.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:11 am

(Inky's gotta sleep some time yannoe! & no probs Fubar biggrin )

Ethin sighed regretfully. He hadn't wanted the conversation to go this way. He could feel her hurt through the Bond. "Kiae, please. It is not only that. If there was another Aes Sedai here instead of you with the same knowledge but a bad disposition, do you think I would still ask for the Bond? I had hoped we'd have some form of a friendship. But I guess that's too much to ask for," he said sadly.
"If my Aes Sedai has no further need of me." He said, rising from his seat and bowing once again before walking over to Esole's table and plopping himself down in the seat next to Melthin's gloomily.

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 am

(Oh, come on! Now what's she supposed to do? Feel more guilt?!)

Kiae blinked, taken aback, and set her jaw in irritation. "Why am I always the bloody one to go and mess things up?" she muttered under her breath. "Why is it always my bloody fault?"
Glancing at Cobain, she shook her head. "I need a walk. Stay here and wait for Andurael or Anthenor to show up, please. I'm going to check on Hael." With that, she strode over to Ethin and Esole determinately, once again retrieving her Aes Sedai air and thoroughly blocking Melthin from her line of sight.
"Since I apparently find myself incapable of friendship, I would at least like to be on civil terms with one another," she said stiffly, and inclined her head slightly before sweeping out the door.
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games