Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Map ideas? Post them here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durithill the Black Blade

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:48 pm
So I wanted to run this by you guys. It was my character Durithill's place of residence once upon a time, but he deserted it about two years ago when he was cursed and has never returned.

Map Name: The Black Spire
Landscape/Area: Tower
Description: The tower exists deep inside the Damned Woods, far removed from any other civilition. It is said to have sprung up overnight several years ago, but not the place remains deserted, save for the creatures that wander the tower. The forest for a small distance around the tower was been cleared and the earth was badly scarred during a battle that took place a couple years ago. The first floor of the tower is simply a large circular room filled with magic mirrors. The second contains a labyrinth haunted by the undead. The third and fourth floors contain holding pens, but the doors long ago rusted and the creatures contained there escaped. The fifth floor is filled with rooms in which gruesome experiments were conducted. Death lingers in the air, and the few doors that have fallen off their hindges reveal that the rooms are filled almost completly with demonic symbols, often drawn in blood. The creatures in the tower seem to avoid this floor for some reason. The sixth floor is a large library that almost seems like the labyrinth on the second floor. Several of the books, however, are actually deadly creatures that will attack of a person attempts to remove them from the shelf. The seventh floor, unlike the rest of them, is carpeted and contains several large plush reading chairs set around a hearth with a magical fireplace set into the wall. This floor is devoid of monsters. The eight, and final, floor contains two rooms. The first is a large stone room that contains the guardian of the tower, which is said to be a fearsome beast that devours the souls of its opponents and reanimates their corpses to guard the lower floors. The second room on this floor is the master of the tower's bedroom, the door to which is locked.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:49 pm
I think it's good. You should make an "Enemies" part, but everything else is okay. ^_^  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:53 pm
Enemies would include undead (zombies, ghosts, shadows, etc), lesser demons (imps and the like), the book creatures, and the guardian of the tower.
Plus whatever creatures roam the Damned Woods.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:00 pm
Durithill, you're allowed to make maps as you please as a mod. You don't need our say on it xD
But I like it ;D

`Smarties

Dangerous Man-Lover

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:01 pm
I know, but I wanted input anyway, lol.
And I remember you saying something about not wanting too many character areas, so even though Durithill kind of abandoned the place I just wanted to make sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:10 am
Add wallmasters 8D  

Zaylx

Dapper Dabbler

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:28 pm
Okay, I got most of Thereon done, can you guys check it out and give me some feedback?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:30 pm
most? gonk
You don't have to write a tour of the place, just a brief description, then places of interest inside.  

Zaylx

Dapper Dabbler

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:59 pm
Oh, I'm sorry, I took someone's advice, and split the nine sections into different paragraphs, and I thought the tour guide thing was okay, I was subtle with the places of interest part though  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:40 pm
Wow... Thats... quite a lot to read, lol.
I respect the dedication to your map though.  

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Zaylx

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:12 pm
It is indeed quite detailed and seems to be very cared for, and that should be applauded, but you should really consider, is anyone going to be willing to read all of it?
I would suggest that any who are interested in reading more about it could read that, but also add a summary similar to the ones in other place-threads, for those looking for a swift description.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 pm
I actually read it all. xD
Its not that hard to read, guys.
It really describes the map well. :]

`Smarties

Dangerous Man-Lover

x_V-Ghost-V_x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:43 am
Woohoo! I can add a brief description at the bottom, and format it as a "tourist's pamphlet"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:23 am
Wow... Thats... quite a lot to read, lol.
I respect the dedication to your map though.

Guess I shouldn't have said anything.
My map has quite a lot to read as well, lol.  

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Zaylx

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:39 pm
I read it too, `smarts.
haven't read yours yet, though, durithill.
I haven't made any maps, I figure there's enough already and someone will get to the ones in my head eventually.  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games