Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:12 am
Gamer_404
Personally, I think it's alot scarier when you have not only yourself to worry about, but your friends and other people as well.
That's just me though, in my opinion having all my friends and/or loved ones killed is just as bad if not worse then dying myself...
It's one of the many many reasons I found the outbreaks to be the scariest out of all RE games.

Yeah, but you don't control the other characters in Outbreak.
In RE0, you're essentially controlling the 2 characters. If you leave Rebecca behind in a room with a puzzle, she's not gonna solve that puzzle. The secondary character has very little independence. It's essentially playing a two player game with one controller.

In Outbreak, yes, there are other characters (with really dumb AI, but still), you don't get to choose what they do, other than give you their items.
You never know when you're fighting a monster and suddenly your b***h partner runs out on you.

And, again, another character depending on you can be a very, VERY bad thing. Case in point: Ashley! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:28 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Gamer_404
Personally, I think it's alot scarier when you have not only yourself to worry about, but your friends and other people as well.
That's just me though, in my opinion having all my friends and/or loved ones killed is just as bad if not worse then dying myself...
It's one of the many many reasons I found the outbreaks to be the scariest out of all RE games.

In RE0, you're essentially controlling the 2 characters. If you leave Rebecca behind in a room with a puzzle, she's not gonna solve that puzzle. The secondary character has very little independence. It's essentially playing a two player game with one controller.

In Outbreak, yes, there are other characters (with really dumb AI, but still), you don't get to choose what they do, other than give you their items.
You never know when you're fighting a monster and suddenly your b***h partner runs out on you.

And, again, another character depending on you can be a very, VERY bad thing. Case in point: Ashley! scream

I admit the AI could of been better, but I didn't find it to be that bad.
Plus I liked not being able to control the partners in outbreak, made it more realistic. Plus that's something you would have to put up with if you actually were in an outbreak-people running out on you and leaving you behind to save their own skin.
RE Zero also gave you a game over if just one person died, making it to where you really don't feel any regret when one of them die other then the regret of having to go back to your last save.
Nothing compares to the sadness I felt whenever I couldn't save Cindy from getting eaten by the neptune shark the first time I played DD. crying  

FoxyAreku

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 am
Gamer_404
Biohazard EXTREME
Gamer_404

Plus I liked not being able to control the partners in outbreak, made it more realistic. Plus that's something you would have to put up with if you actually were in an outbreak-people running out on you and leaving you behind to save their own skin.
RE Zero also gave you a game over if just one person died, making it to where you really don't feel any regret when one of them die other then the regret of having to go back to your last save.
Nothing compares to the sadness I felt whenever I couldn't save Cindy from getting eaten by the neptune shark the first time I played DD. crying

The part i hate most about the AI is that whenever you give them a useful item they swap it for something else. At the start of every File#2 scenario i dish out the handgun rounds and first aid sprays only to have them swap handguns for brooms and first aid sprays for newspapers.
Also they don't use their special moves. When i play as Cindy i always duck when an enemy attacks me but an CPU Cindy will not duck.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 pm
Lisa Trevor
Gamer_404
Biohazard EXTREME
Gamer_404

The part i hate most about the AI is that whenever you give them a useful item they swap it for something else. At the start of every File#2 scenario i dish out the handgun rounds and first aid sprays only to have them swap handguns for brooms and first aid sprays for newspapers.
Also they don't use their special moves. When i play as Cindy i always duck when an enemy attacks me but an CPU Cindy will not duck.

They definitly should of been programmed to use their special moves more often, but the item problem you mentioned depends on the character.
AI David hates healing items, while Cindy would rather have a healing item then a gun. And so on.  

FoxyAreku

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:05 pm
That definitely would have been a cool aspect of RE0. If you're playing as Rebecca and Billy dies, you're still able to beat the game and get a 'bad' ending. Or if Rebecca dies, Billy can have a bad ending of his own. I think it would have been pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:12 pm
If they took out the Survival Horror part of the game. Wait...(Resident Evil 4)
No, I think Resident Evil 4 is still RE because it is still survival horror, just to a much less degree. It just became a bit more action intensified, the ammo isn't scarce anymore, and the enemies/settings aren't as scary. Hopefully they'll fix all this with Resident Evil 5.  

shouldbedeleted23

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:02 am
Don't count on it. Capcom will want to make it as successful as RE4 and they will make it as close to RE4 as possible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:45 am
Biohazard EXTREME
That definitely would have been a cool aspect of RE0. If you're playing as Rebecca and Billy dies, you're still able to beat the game and get a 'bad' ending. Or if Rebecca dies, Billy can have a bad ending of his own. I think it would have been pretty cool.

Yeah, that would of been neat.
Too bad they didn't do it, probably too lazy to add multiple versions of each cutscene to only show one character.  

FoxyAreku

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:44 am
Gamer_404
Yeah, that would of been neat.
Too bad they didn't do it, probably too lazy to add multiple versions of each cutscene to only show one character.

Well, they could have had a certain critical point in the game, like, if Billy dies in like, the first scene you play as him, then it's game over. But, let's say after Rebecca and Billy reunite in the Umbrella Facility. By the people think it'll be a game over, so they're all careful not to get either one killed, but someone does and then bam, "They're letting me keep playing! Cool!" But uhh.. This really should be in the "What could improve RE" thread.

And no, Resident Evil 4 isn't Survival Horror. It's about as much survival horror as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. And Uncharted is far from it. It's a kick a** action game, which is what it was meant to be. And even then, there were some parts in Uncharted where I got freaked out a bit. Resident Evil fails as a horror game, and compared to games like Uncharted, it's not the best action game either. RE4 was all hype. And by the time RE5 comes out, chances are, people are gonna catch on. I really don't think RE5 will do half as good as RE4.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:43 am
Lisa Trevor
Don't count on it. Capcom will want to make it as successful as RE4 and they will make it as close to RE4 as possible.

Do you think maybe folks at capcom takes insight on hardcore fansites (i dunno, here or something) and realize that the fans of the series thought RE4 is s&^%$#?  

IvyGauge

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:03 am
I highly doubt it. Capcom went from awesome people to money-grubbing lazy-asses after RE4 (maybe even a little before). So sad to see a great company fall to shambles morally... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:27 pm
If they were to look at a hardcore community it would be the RE4 guild sad  

Lisa Trevor

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:00 pm
I know for a fact that they're not on Gaia. They probably do read the Capcom forums... which unfortunately are swarming with RE4 noobs..

We've been doomed from the start.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 am
NotteRequiem
I know for a fact that they're not on Gaia. They probably do read the Capcom forums... which unfortunately are swarming with RE4 noobs..

There are alot of RE4 noobs on the capcom forum, but there is an almost equal if not greater amount of people who prefer the originals there. Trust me, I go there almost every day.

Most of the RE4 noobs who go to the capcom forum mainly just ask a question because they are stuck or something then never return.  

FoxyAreku

IvyGauge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:35 pm
NotteRequiem

LOL, Too funny!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games