Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:05 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
That sounds like an order. I don't take orders, I give them.

why do you always have to be so literal? You should lighten up a bit. smile Anyway, if you hate the movies then you'll love that video...it is so hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

mrgreen oh bio. you crack me up sometimes. heart  

Marguerite Blakeney

La Duchesse

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:59 am
Gamer_404
Biohazard EXTREME

why do you always have to be so literal? You should lighten up a bit. smile Anyway, if you hate the movies then you'll love that video...it is so hilarious.

He don't hate the movies.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:05 am
Gamer_404
Biohazard EXTREME

Well, uh... I wasn't being literal... So if you took that seriously then you're the one who's being literal... ninja So, now that the tables have turned, how are you going to get out of this one? It's not like I'll have a heart attack twice.  

Biohazard EXTREME

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:05 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Gamer_404
Biohazard EXTREME

Well, uh... I wasn't being literal... So if you took that seriously then you're the one who's being literal... ninja So, now that the tables have turned, how are you going to get out of this one? It's not like I'll have a heart attack twice.

Forget it..I'll just reword what I said earlier. "Please watch this video? It's very funny!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKrtg4bIUVk  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:37 pm
I think they butchered the storyline of the original game.

Alice is not PWN.

Jill however.  

NeauxSheauxs

Neo-Ignignot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:55 pm
Ive got no huge problem with the first, but the second one is the lamest thing Ive ever seen!

it was so cheep and stupid! I mean, c'mon,all those rotted corpses just happen to dig themselves 6ft out of the ground at the exact moment Alice and her homies pass through that grave yard so they can have a little out of place fight scene!?!? and that lame fist fight with Nemesis, that was just retarded!!! and the little cameos of Jill and Carlos were obviously little plees form the makers saying "LOOK! More game people! PLEASE DONT KILL US!" They couldve just made people up to play their parts, just like everybody else in the movies!

I just wonder why Capcom didnt work closely with the film makers to make sure it represented the series properly!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:20 pm
Alright, here goes nothing. The movies are the best we could've got. Any closer to the game, and who'd actually go and see it more than once? They wanted it to be more or less unpredictable. Now, the movies could've been worse. For instance, Uwe Boll. If you've never heard of him, he is the guy who made House Of The Dead, BloodRayne, making Postal and Far Cry. Pretty much all of his movies suck.
I'll admit, the graveyard scene was pretty stupid, but who's to say the zombies weren't digging up to the top already? They could've walked in at the wrong time. Ever heard the expression 'Wrong place, wrong time'? It's a classic example of that.
Well, Capcom only owns the rights to make the games. They have rights to the scripts of the games, but they don't make the scripts. They just make the games, so there'd be no reason for them to work with the film makers.
Now I have a quick question for you, did you go see the second movie when it hit theatres because you like Resident Evil? If you did, than the movie makers did their job. That's all their job is, to make a movies for people to watch. It doesn't matter if it sucks or not, if you're interested in it, you'll probably go see it.
And as for adding in characters from the game into the script, blame the fans. Fans bitched and moaned about wanting characters in the movies and what'd they get? Characters from the games in the movies. Again, they did their job.  

Elliot Salem

Neo-Ignignot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:38 am
Vash Thompson
Alright, here goes nothing. The movies are the best we could've got. Any closer to the game, and who'd actually go and see it more than once? They wanted it to be more or less unpredictable. Now, the movies could've been worse. For instance, Uwe Boll. If you've never heard of him, he is the guy who made House Of The Dead, BloodRayne, making Postal and Far Cry. Pretty much all of his movies suck.
I'll admit, the graveyard scene was pretty stupid, but who's to say the zombies weren't digging up to the top already? They could've walked in at the wrong time. Ever heard the expression 'Wrong place, wrong time'? It's a classic example of that.
Well, Capcom only owns the rights to make the games. They have rights to the scripts of the games, but they don't make the scripts. They just make the games, so there'd be no reason for them to work with the film makers.
Now I have a quick question for you, did you go see the second movie when it hit theatres because you like Resident Evil? If you did, than the movie makers did their job. That's all their job is, to make a movies for people to watch. It doesn't matter if it sucks or not, if you're interested in it, you'll probably go see it.
And as for adding in characters from the game into the script, blame the fans. Fans bitched and moaned about wanting characters in the movies and what'd they get? Characters from the games in the movies. Again, they did their job.

Woah man, calm down. Im sorry but if ya didnt notice this is a forum "for those who dont like the movie" so people are gunna bash the hell out of RE 1, 2, & up coming 3!

Im not saying that I wish they wouldve made a copy of the game or "ooh dats suxx they dnt u'z Chriz, hez da shiz!" Im saying that they took a good, solid, expandable franchise with plenty of ways to make a truely good film, but when they made it they made a 3rd rate peice of crap B-movie that makes the opening cut-scene from RE1 look like Titanic!!!

I can honstly say the first one was decent, the ending left me wanting to at least try the second, but then I watched the second and it was total crap! Then I saw the poster for the 3rd and was like "maybe thisll be the one to set it strait" but then I watch the trailer and it looks like a total rip off of Mad Max!

Now if you enjoyed the films, well, I respect your opinion, but if youre lookin for a more positive outlook on the movies, then you probably need to seek out another forum topic.

and, yes, who hasnt heard of Uwe Bol, and the House of the Dead movie was worse than the RE movie (but thats not much of a comment) but honestly his Postal movie seems kinda interesting! I saw a behind the scenes thing on Game Head and it was pretty cool looking.
and the T-Virus couldnt of seeped down thru 6ft of dirt and in to their coffins, and if it did happen to infect them they wouldve just fallen apart because theyd be all decomposed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:02 am
Neo-Ignignot
I watch the trailer and it looks like a total rip off of Mad Max!

First of all, welcome to the 21st century... If you haven't noticed, EVERYTHING is a rip off of something. I mean, Resident Evil started off as a ripoff of old Romero movies. Everything's been done, it's inevitable.

Second, yes we are aware of the title of this thread... But look at it this way, do you want a thread where everyone's like, "This movie sucks" "Agreed" "Yes you're right" Or one where a bunch of people post their paragraphs upon paragraphs of rants on how much they didn't like the movies, not really caring about what the other people have to say.

I loved the movies, and the way I see it is, this thread has great potential for debating. You say something, I tell you why I disagree and show you why... And back and forth like that... They're called "Discussion Boards" as in something to have debates and discussions. It makes life more fun, no?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Neo-Ignignot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:18 pm
Ok, the reason I came to this forum is so I could voice my opinion about the movies without any backtalk or contradiction

My opionion is: I-think-they-suck!

Its not a matter of me not being openminded or not taking what Im given, its just the fact that THESE FILMS ARE TERRIBLE!

I came here thinking "I dont wanna make fans of the movies mad by saying I think they suck on the normal forums, because people might actually like these movies!" So I came here just to let off some steem about the films and have people agree with me on the subject!

But it seems Ive been getting anything BUT that here!
Its not that all I would say is "They suck" and be outta here, I just said that first off so I could get a conversation started because Im new here and I was wanting to have some fun with fellow RE fans!

and its not that I hate them as an RE fan, the movies by themselves were just horrible. If made the movie in Possom Town and let HelthSouth release the Z-plague in the Steve Calliendo Mountains and let the F.A.R.S Charlie Team survive the horrible house of unspoken horrors, it wouldnt of made a difference because the movies were aweful!!!

At least they werent as bad as the Miami Vice or the House of the Dead movie, but they dont lack much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:31 pm
and, yes, I am sorry to anyone who likes the movies if it seems Im being a huge one opinionated douchebag!

But, honestly, if you wanted an open discussion with multiple opinions on the films then you shouldve titled it "Open Film Discussion" or something!

So, sorry for being a jerk.  

Neo-Ignignot

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:00 pm
Nobody says you can't post your opinion or vent or whatever. I just think that the world is a better place when people discuss their different opinions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Neo-Ignignot
Vash Thompson

Woah man, calm down. Im sorry but if ya didnt notice this is a forum "for those who dont like the movie" so people are gunna bash the hell out of RE 1, 2, & up coming 3!

Im not saying that I wish they wouldve made a copy of the game or "ooh dats suxx they dnt u'z Chriz, hez da shiz!" Im saying that they took a good, solid, expandable franchise with plenty of ways to make a truely good film, but when they made it they made a 3rd rate peice of crap B-movie that makes the opening cut-scene from RE1 look like Titanic!!!

I can honstly say the first one was decent, the ending left me wanting to at least try the second, but then I watched the second and it was total crap! Then I saw the poster for the 3rd and was like "maybe thisll be the one to set it strait" but then I watch the trailer and it looks like a total rip off of Mad Max!

Now if you enjoyed the films, well, I respect your opinion, but if youre lookin for a more positive outlook on the movies, then you probably need to seek out another forum topic.

and, yes, who hasnt heard of Uwe Bol, and the House of the Dead movie was worse than the RE movie (but thats not much of a comment) but honestly his Postal movie seems kinda interesting! I saw a behind the scenes thing on Game Head and it was pretty cool looking.
and the T-Virus couldnt of seeped down thru 6ft of dirt and in to their coffins, and if it did happen to infect them they wouldve just fallen apart because theyd be all decomposed.

Your first statement of 'Calm down' was out of place, because no where in my post was I angry at anything. So 'Calm down' is kind of irrelevant.
Not all games can be made into a movie. Resident Evil is too long to add every important detail into the game, and even then they have to make good characters. If the first movie was made after the first game, but didn't have the RE1 characters, fans would be pissed. So they added some characters in it, and combined some characters characteristics and made new characters.
Who's to say another vial of the virus was broken and seeped UP through the ground and infected the dead? The body, with the preservatives in it takes loker to decay than normal, so they could've been under for about a year. Another thing we'll never find the thruth about.
And a quick addition, if you came to this guild to just bash the movies and not talk about anything other than Resident Evil movie, than I personally don't think you should be here. Take no offense this this comment as it is a personal OPINION.  

Elliot Salem

Neo-Ignignot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:51 pm
Sorry about all that, it just seem sever sense Ive joined Gaia Ive had people either bash me or say negative things about me ar other crap like that!

I dont say much and I let my opinon out, and if somebody disagrees theyve usually been a jerk to me, Im not saying that u guys were its just that Ive kinda been on edge from people pretty much harassing me.
and yes, I admit that I did over react, I just wanted to stand my ground and not have a chance for people to push me around for once!

So sorry.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games