Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Don't Get Cold Feet! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 am
[Rook et. al.]

"I'd certainly appreciate that," KO replied with a smile and a small nod, "I've never tried to train a pokemon to do anything like that before.... I do have a friend in engineering but I don't know how much free time he gets to work on his own things." Calling Star - haha, 'Chad' - a friend was a bit of a stretch but if the man did have any time to spare then he was reasonably confident that he could sweet talk/ego stroke the ex-Commander into making him a... uh... a whatever it was he decided would be useful. Humm, actually that was a good point "Is there a size limit on the kind of machines Rotom can possess?" KO asked after a momentary pause, visions of self piloting helicopters and effort free car theft dancing through his mind.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 pm
[Youngster]

(Sorry for being so late! I was gone all Weekend with no wifi.)

"Hmm," how was she to convince this youngster that she needed him to help her get to a supply store? Perhaps she would have to finally just fight him, weaken his pokemon that way, and then take the Skiddo ", Sagestone, Sandalwood, or the Training Center... Well even if the Training Center has less stuff and is further, at least I would have you to guide me right? I really do get lost easily I am afraid. Even just following a Coast would be hard for me I feel."  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:38 pm
[Rook]

"Just by question, do you know if we are close enough to get accesses to the closed network?" Pulse asked, fishing out his rocketdex. "Because I wanted to see if the Naturalist has a blog... which might give a time stamp or range of the actual sighting."  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:13 pm
[Legretta]

"It's o-okay," the cyclist wheezed when Legretta apologized, and as she rolled off him he gasped sharply and put a hand over his abdomen, massaging the point of impact.

While its trainer was oblivious to the stranger's ill intentions, the Dewott was not so naive. The instant its icy attack connected, the water-type turned and slapped the release on the final pokeball. As the flash of white light erupted forth into a large shape, the Dewott grasped its trainer's belt in one paw while its other paw quickly sliced through the thick material with a Fury Cutter, taking advantage of the notch Legretta's knife had created. By the time the remaining pokemon emerged - a lithe Ponyta that snorted and pawed at the ground in mild distress - the Dewott had the middle of the belt in its paw and thrust it towards the Ponyta, well away from the area that Rebar's Covet initially targeted.

"Deeew-wott! Dewott!" the water-type barked urgently, entreating its comrade to run. The Ponyta understood immediately and grabbed the offered section of belt in its teeth and, with one quick yank, freed the rest of the accessory from beneath its trainer.

"Hey! What the-- Ponyta?! What are you doing?" The cyclist asked, baffled, as he sat back up and looked to his fire-type, but the Ponyta had already turned and started galloping away from the chaos with the belt and the four attached pokeballs held tightly in its teeth. "Wait, Ponyta! Come back! Oh, where does... Oh!" He suddenly noticed Legretta, and one of his hands moved to hover near her shoulder. "Ma'am, are you all right? Oh, your cheek...! Did one of my pokemon do that?!"

Both the Shuppet and the Pikachu seemed quite pleased with their attacks, though while the former remained content just waiting to see if the other pokemon had given up, the electric-type had no such desire to simply wait. Its first target was the Pidgeot but it quickly switched to the Eevee upon seeing how close the normal-type was to its trainer, and darted towards it in a Quick Attack to try and knock Rebar away from the cyclist.

[KO]

Rook frowned thoughtfully as she attempted to place the words for an explanation. "Well, technically no," she replied at length, "but if they possess something too much larger than their own bodies, they don't seem to be able to manipulate the machinery well. It varies from Rotom to Rotom by aptitude, effort, and experience, but as a general rule, three times larger than their body is around the upper limit of what they can comfortably and accurately control."

[Santela]

((No worries, we're not in any hurry!))

The boy frowned at his company, an eyebrow sharply raised in undisguised disbelief. "Umm, you know what the coast is, right?" he said. "Like, the ocean? Borders the island on all sides...? It's literally impossible to mess it up. You can't even get turned around because you got footprints in the sand to show you which way you came from."

[Pulse]

"I would guess most likely not, not this side of the mountains," Rook replied. "You can give it a try, though. Did you get the man's name?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:17 pm
[rook et al]

Adam slumped back to camp and waited for a moment to speak to Rook,

"My first tempt didn't work," Maki sulked beside his trainer as Adam spoke, "Are we allowed to try again?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:50 am
[Adam]

"It's not that you're not allowed, per se," Rook answered as Adam returned, "but we'll be coming up on cutoff time pretty soon, so we're mostly waiting on the others to finish up before we head back to base; it'd probably be better if you stayed." She raised a finger and rotated it in a small, counter-clockwise circle, "But back it up for a minute, if you will - I'm curious what you mean by 'didn't work.' Could you walk me through the decisions you made and why you made them?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:45 pm
[Rook]

Adam nodded and then sighed when she requested to know what happened, "I saw a target, had my Growlithe act cutesy and s**t," The grunt didn't care about cursing at the moment, "I had my Gastly swing around and then when he was behind me, I move to the side and had him use hypnosis. When she was knocked out I searched her body, but there were no pokeballs. When she woke up, I convinced her I wasn't a threat, that I was trying to knock out my Growlithe and not her... Then I tried to coax her into letting her pokemon out, but she was hesitant. I kept trying to reassure her and said it was to help her, cause she was like 'they don't trust me or listen'. So I said the more they're out the more they listen. And that I would walk her home since it was dangerous. When she asked why, I said I felt bad for accidentally knocking her out. In the end she got too nervous and I wasn't able to secure anything, so here I am."

Maki huffed in agreement.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:26 pm
Suudonym
[Camper]

The two ghosts would find that their assigned task was a bit more difficult than it should have been. The Camper's pokeballs weren't visible on his person.

Zacharie took special care in following behind the camper and his pokemon, shifting from tree branch to tree branch using every skill that Jerome had taught him so far. He was finding himself increasingly pleased with the obvious improvement since the last time he had tried to do this by himself. Moving silently behind the target it was fairly easy to tell that his pokemon weren't having any luck and when Jabari appeared in front of him with a scowl on his face his thoughts were confirmed. "...Alright. We'll have to try a more direct approach then." He sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Go and distract him. Find the pokeballs." Jabari gave a snicker behind one floppy hand before disappearing again.

A few seconds later, the camper would hear eerie cackling amongst the rustling shrubs before Essex came into view directly in front of his face, tongue lolling out from between his teeth and eyes rolling to the back of his head as Jabari grabbed a hold of the camper's bag and pulled in hopes of freeing it from the boy's shoulders.

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:59 pm
[Adam]

Rook nodded, then raised the screened device she had been using to watch the Rockets, "Thank you. I could see your actions, but I wasn't sure what sort of conversations were taking place. I was a bit confused, though, and still am, to be honest. Your Hypnosis was successful, you had her unconscious... and then you woke her up. I saw that you did a cursory search - checked her bag, checked her clothing, looked for a belt - and then stopped. Would I be correct to say that you held back from a more thorough search for moral reasons?"

[Zacharie]

The boy blinked at the ghost's sudden appearance, momentarily widened eyes the only apparent sign of surprise. "Oh, it's a ghost-type-- whoa!" When he felt the tug on his backpack, he immediately took hold of the straps and jerked away from the source of the pull. He glanced over his shoulder and glared. "Cut it out! I know I'm an awesome trainer and all, but I'm not interested in ghost-types!"  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:00 pm
[Rook]

Adam blinked and tilted his head, "More... Thorough search?" He had checked every place he could think of for a pokeball. The grunt frowned, looking like a man trying to untwist a corkscrew with his mind. Slowly the realization dawned and Adam flushed scarlet, "You.... You mean her underwear? D-do.. Do people actually keep stuff there?!"  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:29 pm
[Adam]

"Some women do, certainly," Rook confirmed with a shrug. "The brassiere especially. It's safer keeping than a bag and just about the only substitute available if your clothing doesn't have pockets - as much women's clothing doesn't. Apart from that, the only likely place would be something like a thigh strap, which would typically be much lower on the person than a regular belt."

She continued, "If you'd managed to find the pokeballs, it would have been a near flawless acquisition. I won't fault you for legitimately not knowing that undergarments were an option, but you should keep it in mind for the future - not just the undergarments thing, but the understanding that securing the success of a mission can sometimes mean doing things that are considered morally deplorable on a societal level. Team Rocket's already considered a terrorist organization, after all; I'm sure no one would be surprised if there was a little skirt-lifting now and then again."  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:15 pm
[Rook]

The blush on the grunt's cheek grew darker as he looked to the side and nodded. At least he wasn't being scolded. So it wasn't a complete failure.. Okay it was a complete failure, but it was being pardoned.

"Thank you. I will... Keep that in mind." He looked at the Agent and nodded his thanks, the color in his cheeks toning down considerably.  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:38 am
(Camper)

The two ghost-types paid the boy no mind, but really....when did they ever listen to anyone? Jabari simply rolled his eyes, "Baaaaaaaaanette." A floppy hand dove right into the backpack and began to root around in it in search of the pokeballs. "Haunter! Haaaaunter!" Essex cackled, reached out and tugged the bottom of the boy's shirt up and over his head to disrupt his vision.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am
[Zacharie]

The boy's backpack was zipped safely shut and wouldn't be rooted through so easily.

The young camper grabbed his shirt and pulled it down, countering the Haunter's efforts and glaring indignantly. "Oh my god, leave me alone, you freaking loser ghosts. I wouldn't train you if you were the last pokemon in the world." With a contemptuous huff, he lifted his chin and kept walking.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:29 pm
[Rook /Adam]

He hummed and tapped the app to connect to the close network, hoping he would get some sort of connection. "No, but if he is any sort of serious or professional Naturalist he would have to tag any photo of his collection he used his ditto for, or else it be a gross breach of misconduct so he should be easy to find." Depending on how many Naturalist were in the area with a Ditto on their team and had a photo gallery.

"And for my first attempt, the women dropped her pokeball down her brazier, so it is a place you want to check if you have them unconscious. Not a place you want to grab for if they aren't." Pulse hummed as he waited for the app to load and fished out his pack of cigs from his bag.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff