Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:46 pm
So I was rereading the battle rules for the upcoming match and this one part confused me. It said no auto hits, but does that still apply with moves that are 100% accuracy?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:11 pm
SoundVVave
So I was rereading the battle rules for the upcoming match and this one part confused me. It said no auto hits, but does that still apply with moves that are 100% accuracy?

The auto-hit was meant for moves that are not 100% accurate such as Zap Cannon, Stone Edge, etc.

those moves have a chance to miss and you have to dice roll in order to see if your attack connects (if the move doesnt have 100% accuracy)  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:20 pm
Shadow of Miracles
SoundVVave

The auto-hit was meant for moves that are not 100% accurate such as Zap Cannon, Stone Edge, etc.

those moves have a chance to miss and you have to dice roll in order to see if your attack connects (if the move doesnt have 100% accuracy)

Okay, thank you! I just wanted to make sure so I don't make any errors during the battle coming up!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:16 pm
Erkowan
A question regarding a Pokémon's move. My Purrloin has the move 'Assist', which is really only useful in double battles as a mimic effect. I am unaware of any rules regarding double battles at this time. As there is a battle upcoming and I will be using this Pokémon, may I have a ruling on how this move can be used?

I have added the rules regarding Assist, right Here ^^  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 pm
SoundVVave
Its not a problem! I just wanted to make sure how things were going X3 I was so excited, I started to try and make a cheat sheet of reminders of the rules for the battle XD
I actually almost have my Phoebe post done for when its open. Is that the post we roll to see who goes first with?

That's good to keep the battle rules in your head ^^ Just be sure to follow em we're watching BWAHAHA.....

But yes for your intro post you will do the roll to see who goes first.

HOWEVER if your pokemon has a nature with high speed then that pokemon automatically goes first and no roll is needed.
(My RPC has a Cyndaquil with a Timid Nature, so she automatically goes first in the battle)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:25 pm
Prairiefox
SoundVVave
Its not a problem! I just wanted to make sure how things were going X3 I was so excited, I started to try and make a cheat sheet of reminders of the rules for the battle XD
I actually almost have my Phoebe post done for when its open. Is that the post we roll to see who goes first with?

That's good to keep the battle rules in your head ^^ Just be sure to follow em we're watching BWAHAHA.....

But yes for your intro post you will do the roll to see who goes first.

HOWEVER if your pokemon has a nature with high speed then that pokemon automatically goes first and no roll is needed.
(My RPC has a Cyndaquil with a Timid Nature, so she automatically goes first in the battle)

Thanks! I've put up my post, here's to hoping Oliver the timelord doesn't shoot me a warning~ XD
Seriously hoping I don't get a warning for forgetting something  

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:55 pm
With a move that lowers accuracy, how would that work? its 100% so I don't have to roll for that, but would I need to roll for how much the stat was lowered since its kinda a status aliment?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:59 pm
SoundVVave
With a move that lowers accuracy, how would that work? its 100% so I don't have to roll for that, but would I need to roll for how much the stat was lowered since its kinda a status aliment?

Because it's a move that's 100% it would hit automatically.
The move would lower the opponent by one level which is 10%. So if an opponent used a move that's 100% it would then be 90%  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:00 pm
murruelecreuset
SoundVVave

Because it's a move that's 100% it would hit automatically.
The move would lower the opponent by one level which is 10%. So if an opponent used a move that's 100% it would then be 90%

Thanks X3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:35 pm
It's not exactly a majorly important question, but I was wonder... would it be a problem if I had in my post that Maria has Espurr next to her while Lillipup's battling? You know kind of like Ash having Pikachu next to him while he's battling.  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:15 pm
murruelecreuset
It's not exactly a majorly important question, but I was wonder... would it be a problem if I had in my post that Maria has Espurr next to her while Lillipup's battling? You know kind of like Ash having Pikachu next to him while he's battling.

Sorry for the wait but yes it is okay for you to do this as long as you follow a few specifics:
- Don't let the other pokemon suddenly try to go into the battle and cause a ruckus.
- Be sure to focus on the battle first and foremost when posting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 pm
Prairiefox
murruelecreuset

Sorry for the wait but yes it is okay for you to do this as long as you follow a few specifics:
- Don't let the other pokemon suddenly try to go into the battle and cause a ruckus.
- Be sure to focus on the battle first and foremost when posting.

Okay thanks will do!  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:22 pm
Question about how being asleep works. The info for it says a pokemon who wakes up from being asleep cannot attack on that turn. Why is that?
I know based off games that is how it worked in the first two but since season 3 you are able to attack as soon as you wake up. I was just confused on that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 pm
murruelecreuset
Question about how being asleep works. The info for it says a pokemon who wakes up from being asleep cannot attack on that turn. Why is that?
I know based off games that is how it worked in the first two but since season 3 you are able to attack as soon as you wake up. I was just confused on that.

It must have been a typo. Sleep will last for one turn no matter what. After this one turn, you will be rolling to see if your pokemon wakes up from Sleep  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:35 am
Shadow of Miracles
murruelecreuset

It must have been a typo. Sleep will last for one turn no matter what. After this one turn, you will be rolling to see if your pokemon wakes up from Sleep

Oh okay now I get it, just the way it was worded that messed me up. Thanks biggrin  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games