Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:28 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 20
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And Dauid fled from Naioth in Ramah, and came and said before Ionathan, What haue I done? what is mine iniquity? and what is my sinne before thy father, that he seeketh my life?

2 And he said vnto him, God forbid, thou shalt not die; beholde, my father will doe nothing, either great or small, but that he will shew it me: and why should my father hide this thing from me? it is not so.

3 And Dauid sware moreouer, and said, Thy father certeinly knoweth that I haue found grace in thine eyes, and he sayth, Let not Ionathan know this, lest he be grieued: but truely, as the Lord liueth, and as thy soule liueth, there is but a step betweene me & death.

4 Then said Ionathan vnto Dauid, Whatsoeuer thy soule desireth, I will euen doe it for thee.

5 And Dauid said vnto Ionathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moone, and I should not faile to sit with the king at meate: but let me goe, that I may hide my selfe in the fields vnto the third day at euen.

6 If thy father at all misse me, then say, Dauid earnestly asked leaue of me that he might runne to Bethlehem his citie: for there is a yeerely sacrifice there for all the family.

7 If he say thus, It is well, thy seruant shall haue peace: but if he be very wroth, then be sure that euill is determined by him.

8 Therefore thou shalt deale kindly with thy seruant, for thou hast brought thy seruant into a couenant of the Lord with thee: notwithstanding, if there be in me iniquitie, slay me thy selfe: for why shouldest thou bring me to thy father?

9 And Ionathan said, Farre be it from thee: for if I knew certainely that euill were determined by my father to come vpon thee, then would not I tell it thee?

10 Then said Dauid to Ionathan, Who shall tell me? or what if thy father answere thee roughly?

11 ¶ And Ionathan said vnto Dauid, Come, and let vs goe out into the field. And they went out both of them into the field.

12 And Ionathan said vnto Dauid, O Lord God of Israel, when I haue sounded my father, about to morrow any time, or the third day, and behold, if there be good toward Dauid, and I then send not vnto thee, and shew it thee;

13 The Lord doe so and much more to Ionathan: but if it please my father to doe thee euill, then I wil shew it thee, and send thee away, that thou mayest goe in peace, and the Lord be with thee, as hee hath beene with my father.

14 And thou shalt not onely while yet I liue, shew me the kindnesse of the Lord, that I die not:

15 But also thou shalt not cut off thy kindnesse from my house for euer: no not when the Lord hath cut off the enemies of Dauid, euery one from the face of the earth.

16 So Ionathan made a couenant with the house of Dauid, saying, Let the Lord euen require it at the hande of Dauids enemies.

17 And Ionathan caused Dauid to sweare againe, because he loued him: for he loued him as he loued his owne soule.

18 Then Ionathan said to Dauid, To morrow is the newe moone: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat wil be emptie.

19 And when thou hast stayed three dayes, then thou shalt goe downe quickly, and come to the place where thou diddest hide thy selfe, when the businesse was in hand, and shalt remaine by the stone Ezel.

20 And I will shoot three arrowes on the side thereof, as though I shot at a marke.

21 And behold, I will send a ladde, saying, Goe, find out the arrowes. If I expresly say vnto the lad, Behold, the arrowes are on this side of thee, take them: then come thou, for there is peace to thee, and no hurt, as the Lord liueth.

22 But if I say thus vnto the yong man, Behold, the arrowes are beyond thee: goe thy way, for the Lord hath sent thee away.

23 And as touching the matter which thou and I haue spoken of, behold, the Lord be betweene thee and mee for euer.

24 ¶ So Dauid hid himselfe in the field: and when the newe moone was come, the king sate him downe to eate meate.

25 And the king sate vpon his seate, as at other times, euen vpon a seate by the wall: and Ionathan arose, and Abner sate by Sauls side, and Dauids place was emptie.

26 Neuerthelesse, Saul spake not any thing that day: for hee thought, Some thing hath befallen him, hee is not cleane; surely he is not cleane.

27 And it came to passe on the morrow which was the second day of the moneth, that Dauids place was emptie: and Saul said vnto Ionathan his sonne, Wherefore commeth not the sonne of Iesse to meat, neither yesterday nor to day?

28 And Ionathan answered Saul, Dauid earnestly asked leaue of me, to goe to Bethlehem.

29 And he said, Let me goe, I pray thee, for our familie hath a sacrifice in the citie, and my brother, hee hath commanded mee to be there: and now if I haue found fauour in thine eyes, let me get away, I pray thee, and see my brethren: Therefore he commeth not vnto the kings table.

30 Then Sauls anger was kindled against Ionathan, and hee said vnto him, Thou sonne of the peruerse rebellious woman, doe not I know that thou hast chosen the sonne of Iesse to thine owne confusion, and vnto the confusion of thy mothers nakednesse?

31 For as long as the sonne of Iesse liueth vpon the ground, thou shalt not be stablished, nor thy kingdome: wherefore now send and fetch him vnto mee, for he shall surely die.

32 And Ionathan answered Saul his father, and said vnto him, Wherefore shall hee be slaine? what hath hee done?

33 And Saul cast a iauelin at him to smite him, whereby Ionathan knewe that it was determined of his father to slay Dauid.

34 So Ionathan arose from the table in fierce anger, and did eate no meat the second day of the moneth: for hee was grieued for Dauid, because his father had done him shame.

35 ¶ And it came to passe in the morning, that Ionathan went out into the field, at the time appointed with Dauid, and a little ladde with him.

36 And he said vnto his lad, Runne, finde out now the arrowes which I shoote. And as the ladde ranne, he shot an arrow beyond him.

37 And when the ladde was come to the place of the arrow, which Ionathan had shot, Ionathan cryed after the ladde, and said, Is not the arrow beyond thee?

38 And Ionathan cryed after the ladde, Make speed, haste, stay not. And Ionathans ladde gathered vp the arrowes, and came to his master.

39 But the lad knew not any thing: onely Ionathan and Dauid knew the matter.

40 And Ionathan gaue his artillery vnto his ladde, and said vnto him, Goe, cary them to the citie.

41 ¶ And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.

42 And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:47 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 21

1 Then came Dauid to Nob, to Ahimelech the Priest, and Ahimelech was afraide at the meeting of Dauid, and said vnto him, Why art thou alone, and no man with thee?

2 And Dauid said vnto Ahimelech the Priest, The king hath commanded me a businesse, and hath said vnto me, Let no man know any thing of the businesse whereabout I send thee, and what I haue commanded thee: and I haue appointed my seruants to such and such a place.

3 Now therefore what is vnder thine hand? giue me fiue loaues of bread in mine hand, or what there is present.

4 And the Priest answered Dauid, and said, There is no common bread vnder mine hand, but there is hallowed bread: if the young men haue kept themselues at least from women.

5 And Dauid answered the Priest, and said vnto him, Of a trueth women haue beene kept from vs about these three dayes, since I came out, and the vessels of the young men are holy, and the bread is in a manner common, yea, though it were sanctified this day in the vessell.

6 So the Priest gaue him hallowed bread; for there was no bread there, but the Shewbread that was taken from before the Lord, to put hote bread in the day when it was taken away.

7 Now a certaine man of the seruants of Saul was there that day, detained before the Lord, and his name was Doeg an Edomite, the chiefest of the heardmen that belonged to Saul.

8 ¶ And Dauid said vnto Ahimelech, And is there not here vnder thine hand speare or sword? for I haue neither brought my sword nor my weapons with mee, because the kings businesse required haste.

9 And the Priest said, The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whome thou slewest in the valley of Elah, behold, it is heere wrapt in a cloth behinde the Ephod: if thou wilt take that, take it; for there is no other saue that, here. And Dauid saide, There is none like that, giue it me.

10 ¶ And Dauid arose, and fled that day, for feare of Saul, and went to Achish, the king of Gath.

11 And the seruants of Achish sayd vnto him, Is not this Dauid the king of the land? Did they not sing one to another of him in daunces, saying, Saul hath slaine his thousands, and Dauid his ten thousands?

12 And Dauid layd vp these wordes in his heart, and was sore afraid of Achish the king of Gath.

13 And he changed his behauiour before them, and fained himselfe mad in their hands, and scrabled on the doores of the gate, and let his spittle fall downe vpon his beard.

14 Then saide Achish vnto his seruants, Loe, you see the man is mad: wherefore then haue yee brought him to mee?

15 Haue I need of mad-men, that ye haue brought this fellow to play the mad-man in my presence? Shall this fellow come into my house?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:18 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 22

1 Dauid therefore departed thence, and escaped to the caue Adullam: and when his brethren, and all his fathers house heard it, they went downe thither to him.

2 And euery one that was in distresse, and euery one that was in debt, and euery one that was discontented, gathered themselues vnto him, and he became a captaine ouer them: and there were with him about foure hundred men.

3 ¶ And Dauid went thence to Mizpeh of Moab; and he said vnto the king of Moab, Let my father, and my mother, I pray thee, come foorth, and be with you, till I know what God will doe for me.

4 And he brought them before the king of Moab: and they dwelt with him all the while that Dauid was in the hold.

5 ¶ And the Prophet Gad said vnto Dauid, Abide not in the hold; depart, and get thee into the land of Iudah. Then Dauid departed, and came into the forrest of Hareth.

6 ¶ When Saul heard that Dauid was discouered, and the men that were with him: (now Saul abode in Gibeah vnder a tree in Ramah, hauing his speare in his hand, and all his seruants were standing about him.)

7 Then Saul saide vnto his seruants that stood about him, Heare now, ye Beniamites: Will the sonne of Iesse giue euery one of you fields, and Uineyards, and make you all captaines of thousands, and captaines of hundreds:

8 That all of you haue conspired against me, and there is none that sheweth mee, that my sonne hath made a league with the sonne of Iesse, and there is none of you that is sory for me, or sheweth vnto me that my sonne hath stirred vp my seruant against me, to lye in wait, as at this day?

9 ¶ Then answered Doeg the Edomite, (which was set ouer the seruants of Saul) and saide, I saw the sonne of Iesse comming to Nob, to Ahimelech the sonne of Ahitub.

10 And hee enquired of the Lord for him, and gaue him victuals, and gaue him the sword of Goliath the Philistine.

11 Then the king sent to call Ahimelech the Priest, the sonne of Ahitub, and all his fathers house, the Priests that were in Nob: and they came all of them to the king.

12 And Saul said, Heare now thou sonne of Ahitub: and hee answered, Here I am, my lord.

13 And Saul saide vnto him, Why haue ye conspired against me, thou and the sonne of Iesse, in that thou hast giuen him bread, and a sword, and hast enquired of God for him, that he should rise against mee, to lye in waite, as at this day?

14 Then Ahimelech answered the king, and said, And who is so faithfull among all thy seruants, as Dauid, which is the kings sonne in law, and goeth at thy bidding, and is honourable in thine house?

15 Did I then beginne to enquire of God for him? be it farre from mee: let not the king impute any thing vnto his seruant, nor to all the house of my father: for thy seruant knew nothing of all this, lesse or more.

16 And the king saide, Thou shalt surely die, Ahimelech, thou, and all thy fathers house.

17 ¶ And the king said vnto the footmen that stood about him, Turne and slay the Priests of the Lord, because their hand also is with Dauid, and because they knew when he fled, and did not shew it to mee. But the seruants of the king would not put foorth their hand to fall vpon the Priestes of the Lord.

18 And the king said to Doeg, Turne thou and fall vpon the Priests. And Doeg the Edomite turned, and hee fell vpon the Priests, and slew on that day foure score and fiue persons that did weare a linnen Ephod.

19 And Nob the citie of the Priests smote he with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and sucklings, and oxen and asses, and sheepe, with the edge of the sword.

20 ¶ And one of the sonnes of Ahimelech, the sonne of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped and fled after Dauid:

21 And Abiathar shewed Dauid that Saul had slaine the Lords Priests.

22 And Dauid said vnto Abiathar, I knew it that day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, that he would surely tell Saul: I haue occasioned the death of all the persons of thy fathers house.

23 Abide thou with me, feare not: for he that seeketh my life, seeketh thy life: but with me thou shalt bee in safegard.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:43 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 23

1 Then they told Dauid, saying, Beholde, the Philistines fight against Keilah, and they rob the threshing floores.

2 Therefore Dauid enquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I go and smite these Philistines? And the Lord said vnto Dauid, Goe, and smite the Philistines, and saue Keilah.

3 And Dauids men said vnto him, Behold, we be afraid here in Iudah: how much more then if wee come to Keilah against the armies of the Philistines?

4 Then Dauid enquired of the Lord yet againe: And the Lord answered him, and said, Arise, go down to Keilah: for I will deliuer the Philistines into thine hand.

5 So Dauid and his men went to Keilah, and fought with the Philistins, and brought away their cattell, and smote them with a great slaughter: so Dauid saued the inhabitants of Keilah.

6 And it came to passe when Abiathar the sonne of Ahimelech fled to Dauid to Keilah, that hee came downe with an Ephod in his hand.

7 ¶ And it was told Saul that Dauid was come to Keilah: and Saul said, God hath deliuered him into mine hand: for he is shut in, by entring into a towne that hath gates and barres.

8 And Saul called all the people together to warre, to goe downe to Keilah, to besiege Dauid, and his men.

9 ¶ And Dauid knewe that Saul secretly practised mischiefe against him, and hee said to Abiathar the Priest, Bring hither the Ephod.

10 Then saide Dauid, O Lord God of Israel, thy seruant hath certainly heard that Saul seeketh to come to Keilah, to destroy the citie for my sake.

11 Will the men of Keilah deliuer me vp into his hande? will Saul come downe, as thy seruant hath heard, O Lord God of Israel? I beseech thee tell thy seruant. And the Lord said, He will come downe.

12 Then said Dauid, Will the men of Keilah deliuer me, and my men, into the hand of Saul? And the Lord said, They will deliuer thee vp.

13 ¶ Then Dauid and his men, which were about sixe hundred, arose, and departed out of Keilah, and went whithersoeuer they could goe: and it was told Saul that Dauid was escaped from Keilah, and hee forbare to goe foorth.

14 And Dauid abode in the wildernesse in strong holds, and remained in a mountaine in the wildernes of Ziph: and Saul sought him euery day, but God deliuered him not into his hand.

15 And Dauid saw that Saul was come out to seeke his life: and Dauid was in the wildernes of Ziph in a wood.

16 ¶ And Ionathan Sauls sonne arose, & went to Dauid into the wood, and strengthened his hand in God.

17 And he said vnto him, Feare not; for the hand of Saul my father shall not finde thee, and thou shalt be king ouer Israel, and I shall be next vnto thee: and that also Saul my father knoweth.

18 And they two made a couenant before the Lord: and Dauid abode in the wood, and Ionathan went to his house.

19 ¶ Then came vp the Ziphites to Saul to Gibeah, saying, Doth not Dauid hide himselfe with vs in strong holds in the wood, in the hill of Hachilah, which is on the South of Ieshimon?

20 Now therefore, O king, come downe according to all the desire of thy soule to come downe, and our part shall be to deliuer him into the kings hand.

21 And Saul said, Blessed be yee of the Lord, for yee haue compassion on me.

22 Goe, I pray you, prepare yet, and know, and see his place where his haunt is, and who hath seene him there: for it is told mee that he dealeth very subtilly.

23 See therefore, and take knowledge of all the lurking places where he hideth himselfe, and come ye againe to me with the certainty, and I will goe with you: and it shall come to passe, if he be in the land, that I will search him out throughout all the thousands of Iudah.

24 And they arose, & went to Ziph before Saul: but Dauid and his men were in the wildernesse of Maon, in the plaine on the South of Ieshimon.

25 Saul also and his men went to seeke him, and they told Dauid: wherefore he came downe into a rocke, and abode in the wildernesse of Maon: and when Saul heard that, he pursued after Dauid in the wildernes of Maon.

26 And Saul went on this side of the mountaine, and Dauid and his men on that side of the mountaine: and Dauid made haste to get away for feare of Saul: for Saul and his men compassed Dauid and his men round about to take them.

27 ¶ But there came a messenger vnto Saul, saying, Haste thee, and come: for the Philistines haue inuaded the land.

28 Wherefore Saul returned from pursuing after Dauid, & went against the Philistines; therefore they called that place Sela-Hammahlekoth.

29 ¶ And Dauid went vp from thence, and dwelt in strong holds at En-gedi.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:14 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 24

1 And it came to passe when Saul was returned from folowing the Philistines, that it was told him, saying, Behold, Dauid is in the wildernesse En-gedi.

2 Then Saul tooke three thousand chosen men out of all Israel, and went to secke Dauid and his men vpon the rockes of the wilde goates.

3 And hee came to the sheepe coates by the way, where was a caue, and Saul went in to couer his feete: and Dauid and his men remained in the sides of the caue.

4 And the men of Dauid sayd vnto him, Beholde the day of which the Lord sayd vnto thee, Behold, I wil deliuer thine enemy into thine hand, that thou mayest doe to him as it shall seeme good vnto thee. Then Dauid arose, and cut off the skirt of Sauls robe priuily.

5 And it came to passe afterward, that Dauids heart smote him, because he had cut off Sauls skirt.

6 And hee sayd vnto his men, The Lord forbid that I should doe this thing vnto my master the Lords Anoynted, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the Anoynted of the Lord.

7 So Dauid stayed his seruants with these wordes, and suffered them not to rise against Saul: but Saul rose vp out of the caue, and went on his way.

8 Dauid also rose afterward, and went out of the caue, and cryed after Saul, saying, My lord the king. And when Saul looked behinde him, Dauid stouped with his face to the earth, and bowed himselfe.

9 ¶ And Dauid said to Saul, Wherfore hearest thou mens words, saying, Behold, Dauid seeketh thy hurt?

10 Behold, this day thine eyes haue seene, how that the Lord had deliuered thee to day into mine hand in the caue: and some bade me kill thee, but mine eye spared thee, and I said, I will not put foorth mine hand against my lord, for hee is the Lords Anointed.

11 Moreouer my father, See, yea see the skirt of thy robe in my hand: for in that I cut off the skirt of thy robe, and killed thee not, know thou and see, that there is neither euill nor transgression in mine hand, and I haue not sinned against thee; yet thou huntest my soule, to take it.

12 The Lord iudge betweene me and thee, and the Lord auenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be vpon thee.

13 As saith the prouerbe of the ancients, Wickednesse proceedeth from the wicked: but mine hand shall not be vpon thee.

14 After whom is the king of Israel come out? after whom doest thou pursue? After a dead dogge, after a flea.

15 The Lord therfore be Iudge, and iudge betweene me and thee, and see, and plead my cause, and deliuer me out of thine hand.

16 ¶ And it came to passe when Dauid had made an ende of speaking these words vnto Saul, that Saul said, Is this thy voice, my sonne Dauid? And Saul lift vp his voice, and wept.

17 And he said to Dauid, Thou art more righteous then I: for thou hast rewarded mee good, whereas I haue rewarded thee euill.

18 And thou hast shewed this day how that thou hast dealt well with me: forasmuch as when the Lord had deliuered me into thine hand, thou killedst me not.

19 For if a man finde his enemie, will hee let him goe well away? wherefore the Lord reward thee good, for that thou hast done vnto me this day.

20 And now behold, I know well that thou shalt surely be King, and that the kingdome of Israel shall be established in thine hand.

21 Sweare now therefore vnto me by the Lord, that thou wilt not cut off my seede after mee, and that thou wilt not destroy my name out of my fathers house.

22 And Dauid sware vnto Saul, and Saul went home: but Dauid and his men gate them vp vnto the holde.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:32 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 25

1 And Samuel died, and all the Israelites were gathered together, and lamented him, and buried him in his house at Ramah. And Dauid arose, & went downe to the wildernesse of Paran.

2 And there was a man in Maon, whose possessions were in Carmel, and the man was very great, and hee had three thousand sheepe, and a thousand goates: and he was shearing his sheepe in Carmel.

3 Now the name of the man was Nabal, and the name of his wife, Abigail: and shee was a woman of good vnderstanding, and of a beautifull countenance: but the man was churlish and euill in his doings, and hee was of the house of Caleb.

4 ¶ And Dauid heard in the wildernesse, that Nabal did sheare his sheepe.

5 And Dauid sent out ten yong men, and Dauid said vnto the young men, Get you vp to Carmel, and goe to Nabal, and greete him in my name;

6 And thus shall ye say to him that liueth in prosperitie, Peace be both to thee, and peace be to thine house, and peace be vnto all that thou hast.

7 And now, I haue heard that thou hast shearers: now thy shepheards which were with vs, wee hurt them not, neither was there ought missing vnto them, all the while they were in Carmel.

8 Aske thy yong men, and they will shew thee: wherefore let the yong men finde fauour in thine eyes: (for we come in a good day) giue, I pray thee, whatsoeuer commeth to thine hand, vnto thy seruants, and to thy sonne Dauid.

9 And when Dauids yong men came, they spake to Nabal according to all those words in the name of Dauid, and ceased.

10 ¶ And Nabal answered Dauids seruants, and said, Who is Dauid? and who is the sonne of Iesse? There bee many seruants now a daies that breake away euery man from his master.

11 Shall I then take my bread and my water, and my flesh that I haue killed for my shearers, and giue it vnto men, whom I know not whence they bee?

12 So Dauids yong men turned their way, and went againe, and came and told him all those sayings.

13 And Dauid said vnto his men, Gird you on euery man his sword. And they girded on euery man his sword, and Dauid also girded on his sword: and there went vp after Dauid about foure hundred men, and two hundred abode by the stuffe.

14 ¶ But one of the yong men told Abigail Nabals wife, saying, Behold, Dauid sent messengers out of the wildernesse to salute our master: and he railed on them.

15 But the men were very good vnto vs, and we were not hurt, neither missed we any thing as long as wee were conuersant with them, when we were in the fields.

16 They were a wall vnto vs both by night and day, all the while we were with them keeping sheepe.

17 Now therefore know and consider what thou wilt doe: for euill is determined against our master, and against all his houshold: for he is such a sonne of Belial, that a man cannot speake to him.

18 ¶ Then Abigail made haste, and tooke two hundred loaues, and two bottles of wine, and fiue sheepe readie dressed, and fiue measures of parched corne, and an hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of figges, and laid them on asses.

19 And she said vnto her seruants, Goe on before me, behold, I come after you: but she told not her husband Nabal.

20 And it was so as she rode on the asse, that she came downe by the couert of the hill, and behold, Dauid and his men came downe against her, and she met them.

21 (Now Dauid had said, Surely in vaine haue I kept all that this fellow hath in the wildernesse, so that nothing was missed of all that pertained vnto him: and he hath requited me euil for good.

22 So and more also doe God vnto the enemies of Dauid, if I leaue of all that pertaine to him by the morning light, any that pisseth against the wall.)

23 And when Abigail saw Dauid, she hasted, and lighted off the asse, and fell before Dauid on her face, and bowed her selfe to the ground,

24 And fell at his feet, and said, Upon me, my lord, vpon me let this iniquitie be, and let thine handmaid, I pray thee, speake in thine audience, and heare the words of thine handmaid.

25 Let not my lord, I pray thee, regard this man of Belial, euen Nabal: for as his name is, so is he: Nabal is his name, and folly is with him: But I thine handmaid saw not the yong men of my lord, whom thou didst send.

26 Now therefore, my lord, as the Lord liueth, and as thy soule liueth, seeing the Lord hath withholden thee from comming to shed blood, and from auenging thy selfe with thine owne hand: now let thine enemies and they that secke euill to my lord, bee as Nabal.

27 And now this blessing which thine handmaid hath brought vnto my lord, let it euen be giuen vnto the yong men that follow my lord.

28 I pray thee, forgiue the trespasse of thine handmaide: for the Lord will certainely make my lord a sure house, because my lord fighteth the battels of the Lord, and euill hath not bene found in thee all thy dayes.

29 Yet a man is risen to pursue thee, and to seeke thy soule: but the soule of my lord shall be bound in the bundle of life with the Lord thy God, and the soules of thine enemies, them shall he sling out, as out of the middle of a sling.

30 And it shall come to passe when the Lord shal haue done to my lord, according to all the good that hee hath spoken concerning thee, and shall haue appointed thee ruler ouer Israel;

31 That this shall bee no griefe vnto thee, nor offence of heart vnto my lord, either that thou hast shed blood causelesse, or that my lord hath auenged himselfe: But when the Lord shall haue dealt well with my lord, then remember thine handmayd.

32 ¶ And Dauid sayd to Abigail, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, which sent thee this day to meet me.

33 And blessed bee thy aduice, and blessed be thou, which hast kept me this day from comming to shed blood, and from auenging my selfe with mine owne hand.

34 For in very deed, as the Lord God of Israel liueth, which hath kept mee backe from hurting thee, except thou hadst hasted and come to meet me, surely there had not bene left vnto Nabal, by the morning light, any that pisseth against the wall.

35 So Dauid receiued of her hand that which shee had brought him, and sayd vnto her, Goe vp in peace to thine house; See, I haue hearkened to thy voyce, and haue accepted thy person.

36 ¶ And Abigail came to Nabal, and behold, he held a feast in his house like the feast of a king; & Nabals heart was merry within him, for hee was very drunken: wherefore shee tolde him nothing, lesse or more, vntill the morning light.

37 But it came to passe in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Nabal, and his wife had told him these things, that his heart died within him, and he became as a stone.

38 And it came to passe about ten dayes after, that the Lord smote Nabal, that he died.

39 ¶ And when Dauid heard that Nabal was dead, he said, Blessed be the Lord, that hath pleaded the cause of my reproch from the hand of Nabal, and hath kept his seruant from euil: for the Lord hath returned the wickednesse of Nabal vpon his owne head. And Dauid sent, and communed with Abigail, to take her to him to wife.

40 And when the seruants of Dauid were come to Abigail to Carmel, they spake vnto her, saying, Dauid sent vs vnto thee, to take thee to him to wife.

41 And shee arose, and bowed her selfe on her face to the earth, and sayd, Beholde, let thine handmayd bee a seruant to wash the feet of the seruants of my lord.

42 And Abigail hasted, and rose, and rode vpon an asse, with fiue damosels of hers that went after her; and she went after the messengers of Dauid, and became his wife.

43 Dauid also tooke Ahinoam of Iezreel, and they were also both of them his wiues.

44 ¶ But Saul had giuen Michal his daughter, Dauids wife, to Phalti the sonne of Laish, which was of Gallim.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:50 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 26

1 And the Ziphites came vnto Saul to Gibeah, saying, Doeth not Dauid hide himselfe in the hill of Hachilah, which is before Ieshimon?

2 Then Saul arose, and went downe to the wildernesse of Ziph, hauing three thousand chosen men of Israel with him, to seeke Dauid in the wildernesse of Ziph.

3 And Saul pitched in the hill of Hachilah, which is before Ieshimon by the way: but Dauid abode in the wildernesse, and he saw that Saul came after him into the wildernesse.

4 Dauid therefore sent out spies, and vnderstood that Saul was come in very deed.

5 ¶ And Dauid arose, and came to the place where Saul had pitched: and Dauid beheld the place where Saul lay, and Abner the sonne of Ner the captaine of his hoste: and Saul lay in the trench, and the people pitched round about him.

6 Then answered Dauid, and sayd to Ahimelech the Hittite, and to Abishai the sonne of Zeruiah brother to Ioab, saying, Who will goe downe with me to Saul to the campe? And Abishai sayd, I will goe downe with thee.

7 So Dauid and Abishai came to the people by night, and behold, Saul lay sleeping within the trench, and his speare stucke in the ground at his bolster: but Abner and the people lay round about him.

8 Then said Abishai to Dauid, God hath deliuered thine enemie into thine hand this day: now therefore let mee smite him, I pray thee, with the speare, euen to the earth at once, and I will not smite him the second time.

9 And Dauid sayd to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lords Anointed, and be guiltlesse?

10 Dauid said furthermore, As the Lord liueth, the Lord shal smite him, or his day shall come to die, or hee shall descend into battell, and perish.

11 The Lord forbid that I should stretch foorth mine hand against the Lords Anointed: but I pray thee, take thou now the speare that is at his bolster, and the cruse of water, and let vs goe.

12 So Dauid tooke the speare and the cruse of water from Sauls bolster, and they gate them away, and no man saw it, nor knew it, neither awaked: for they were all asleepe, because a deepe sleepe from the Lord was fallen vpon them.

13 ¶ Then Dauid went ouer to the other side, and stood on the toppe of an hill afarre off (a great space being betweene them smile

14 And Dauid cryed to the people, and to Abner the sonne of Ner, saying, Answerest thou not, Abner? Then Abner answered, and sayd, Who art thou that cryest to the King?

15 And Dauid said to Abner, Art not thou a valiant man? and who is like to thee in Israel? Wherefore then hast thou not kept thy lord the king? for there came one of the people in, to destroy the king thy lord.

16 This thing is not good that thou hast done: as the Lord liueth, ye are worthy to die, because yee haue not kept your master the Lords Anointed: and now see where the Kings speare is, and the cruse of water that was at his bolster.

17 And Saul knew Dauids voyce, and said, Is this thy voice, my sonne Dauid? And Dauid saide, It is my voice, my lord, O king.

18 And he said, Wherefore doeth my lord thus pursue after his seruant? for what haue I done? or what euill is in mine hand?

19 Now therefore, I pray thee, let my lord the king heare the words of his seruant: If the Lord haue stirred thee vp against mee, let him accept an offering: but if they be the children of men, cursed be they before the Lord: for they haue driuen me out this day from abiding in the inheritance of the Lord, saying, Goe serue other gods.

20 Now therefore, let not my blood fall to the earth before the face of the Lord: for the king of Israel is come out to seeke a flea, as when one doeth hunt a partridge in the mountaines.

21 ¶ Then said Saul, I haue sinned: Returne, my sonne Dauid, for I will no more doe thee harme, because my soule was precious in thine eyes this day: behold, I haue played the foole, and haue erred exceedingly.

22 And Dauid answered, and sayd, Behold the kings speare, and let one of the yong men come ouer and fetch it.

23 The Lord render to euery man his righteousnesse, and his faithfulnesse: for the Lord deliuered thee into my hand to day, but I would not stretch foorth mine hand against the Lords Anointed.

24 And behold, as thy life was much set by this day in mine eyes: so let my life bee much set by in the eyes of the Lord, and let him deliuer me out of all tribulation.

25 Then Saul said to Dauid, Blessed be thou, my sonne Dauid: thou shalt both doe great things, and also shalt still preuaile. So Dauid went on his way, and Saul returned to his place.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:05 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 27

1 And Dauid sayd in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me, then that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shal despaire of me, to seeke me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.

2 And Dauid arose, and hee passed ouer with the sixe hundred men that were with him, vnto Achish the sonne of Maoch king of Gath.

3 And Dauid dwelt with Achish at Gath, he, and his men, euery man with his houshold, euen Dauid with his two wiues, Ahinoam the Iezreelitesse, and Abigail the Carmelitesse Nabals wife.

4 And it was told Saul, that Dauid was fled to Gath, and he sought no more againe for him.

5 ¶ And Dauid said vnto Achish, If I haue now found grace in thine eyes, let them giue mee a place in some towne in the countrey, that I may dwel there: for why should thy seruant dwell in the royall citie with thee?

6 Then Achish gaue him Ziklag that day: wherfore Ziklag pertaineth vnto the kings of Iudah vnto this day.

7 And the time that Dauid dwelt in the countrey of the Philistines, was a full yeere, and foure moneths.

8 ¶ And Dauid and his men went vp and inuaded the Geshurites, and the Gezrites, and the Amalekites: for those nations were of old the inhabitants of the land, as thou goest to Shur, euen vnto the land of Egypt.

9 And Dauid smote the land, and left neither man nor woman aliue, and tooke away the sheepe, and the oxen, and the asses, and the camels, and the apparell, and returned, and came to Achish.

10 And Achish said, Whither haue ye made a rode to day? And Dauid said, Against the South of Iudah, and against the South of the Ierahmeelites, and against the South of the Kenites.

11 And Dauid saued neither man nor woman aliue, to bring tidings to Gath, saying, Lest they should tell on vs, saying, So did Dauid, and so will be his maner, all the while he dwelleth in the countrey of the Philistines.

12 And Achish beleeued Dauid, saying, Hee hath made his people Israel vtterly to abhorre him, therefore hee shall be my seruant for euer.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:49 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 28

1 And it came to passe in those dayes, that the Philistines gathered their armies together for warfare, to fight with Israel: And Achish said vnto Dauid, Knowe thou assuredly, that thou shalt goe out with me to battell, thou, and thy men.

2 And Dauid said to Achish, Surely thou shalt know what thy seruant can doe. And Achish said to Dauid, Therfore will I make thee keeper of mine head for euer.

3 ¶ Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had lamented him, and buried him in Ramah, euen in his owne citie: and Saul had put away those that had familiar spirits, and the wyzards, out of the land.

4 And the Philistines gathered themselues together, and came and pitched in Shunem: and Saul gathered all Israel together, and they pitched in Gilboa.

5 And when Saul saw the hoste of the Philistines, he was afraid, and his heart greatly trembled.

6 And when Saul enquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreames, nor by Urim, nor by Prophets.

7 ¶ Then said Saul vnto his seruants, Seeke me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may goe to her, and enquire of her. And his seruant said to him, Beholde, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.

8 And Saul disguised himselfe, and put on other raiment, and hee went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night, and he said, I pray thee diuine vnto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him vp whom I shall name vnto thee.

9 And the woman saide vnto him, Beholde, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how hee hath cut off those that haue familiar spirits, and the wyzards out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?

10 And Saul sware to her by the Lord, saying, As the Lord liueth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing.

11 Then said the woman, Whome shall I bring vp vnto thee? and he said, Bring me vp Samuel.

12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a lowd voyce; and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceiued me? for thou art Saul.

13 And the king sayd vnto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said vnto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

14 And he said vnto her, What forme is he of? And she said, An old man commeth vp, and he is couered with a mantle. And Saul perceiued that it was Samuel, and hee stouped with his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe.

15 ¶ And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me vp? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistins make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by Prophets, nor by dreames: therefore I haue called thee, that thou mayst make knowen vnto me, what I shall doe.

16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then doest thou aske of mee, seeing the Lord is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy?

17 And the Lord hath done to him, as hee spake by mee: for the Lord hath rent the kingdome out of thine hand, and giuen it to thy neighbour, euen to Dauid:

18 Because thou obeiedst not the voice of the Lord, nor executedst his fierce wrath vpon Amalek, therefore hath the Lord done this thing vnto thee this day.

19 Moreouer, the Lord will also deliuer Israel with thee, into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sonnes bee with mee: the Lord also shall deliuer the hoste of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.

20 Then Saul fell straightway all along on the earth, and was sore afraid, because of the words of Samuel, & there was no strength in him: for he had eaten no bread all the day, nor al the night.

21 ¶ And the woman came vnto Saul, and saw that he was sore troubled, and sayd vnto him, Behold, thine handmayd hath obeyed thy voice, and I haue put my life in my hand, and haue hearkened vnto thy words which thou spakest vnto me:

22 Now therefore, I pray thee, hearken thou also vnto the voyce of thine handmaid, & let me set a morsel of bread before thee; & eat, that thou mayest haue strength, when thou goest on thy way.

23 But hee refused, and said, I will not eate. But his seruants together with the woman compelled him, and he hearkened vnto their voyce: so he arose from the earth, & sate vpon the bed.

24 And the woman had a fat calfe in the house, and she hasted, and killed it, and tooke flower and kneaded it, and did bake vnleauened bread thereof.

25 And she brought it before Saul, and before his seruants, and they did eate: then they arose vp, and went away that night.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:03 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 29

1 Now the Philistines gathered together all their armies to Aphek: and the Israelites pitched by a fountaine which is in Iezreel.

2 And the lords of the Philistines passed on by hundreds, and by thousands: but Dauid and his men passed on in the rere-ward with Achish.

3 Then said the princes of the Philistines, What doe these Hebrewes here? And Achish said vnto the princes of the Philistines, Is not this Dauid the seruant of Saul the king of Israel, which hath bene with me these dayes, or these yeeres, and I haue found no fault in him since he fell vnto me, vnto this day?

4 And the princes of the Philistines were wroth with him, and the princes of the Philistines said vnto him, Make this fellow returne, that he may goe againe to his place which thou hast appointed him, and let him not go downe with vs to battel, lest in the battell he be an aduersary to vs: for wherewith should hee reconcile himselfe vnto his master? should it not be with the heads of these men?

5 Is not this Dauid, of whom they sang one to another in daunces, saying, Saul slew his thousands, and Dauid his ten thousands?

6 ¶ Then Achish called Dauid, and said vnto him, Surely, as the Lord liueth, thou hast bene vpright, and thy going out and thy comming in with me in the hoste is good in my sight: for I haue not found euil in thee, since the day of thy comming vnto me vnto this day: neuertheles, the lords fauour thee not.

7 Wherefore now returne and goe in peace, that thou displease not the lords of the Philistines.

8 ¶ And Dauid said vnto Achish, But what haue I done? and what hast thou found in thy seruant so long as I haue bene with thee vnto this day, that I may not goe fight against the enemies of my lord the king?

9 And Achish answered, and said to Dauid, I know that thou art good in my sight, as an Angel of God: notwithstanding the Princes of the Philistines haue said, Hee shall not goe vp with vs to the battell.

10 Wherfore now rise vp early in the morning, with thy masters seruants that are come with thee: and assoone as yee be vp early in the morning, and haue light, depart.

11 So Dauid and his men rose vp early to depart in the morning, to returne into the land of the Philistines; and the Philistines went vp to Iezreel.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:57 pm
1 Samuel
Chapter 30

1 And it came to passe when Dauid and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had inuaded the South and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burnt it with fire:

2 And had taken the women captiues, that were therein; they slewe not any either great or smal, but caried them away, and went on their way.

3 ¶ So Dauid and his men came to the citie, and beholde, it was burnt with fire, and their wiues, and their sonnes, and their daughters were taken captiues.

4 Then Dauid and the people that were with him, lift vp their voice, and wept, vntill they had no more power to weepe.

5 And Dauids two wiues were taken captiues, Ahinoam the Iezreelitesse, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.

6 And Dauid was greatly distressed: for the people spake of stoning him, because the soule of all the people was grieued, euery man for his sonnes, and for his daughters: but Dauid encouraged himselfe in the Lord his God.

7 And Dauid said to Abiathar the Priest Ahimelechs sonne, I pray thee, bring mee hither the Ephod: and Abiathar brought thither the Ephod to Dauid.

8 And Dauid enquired at the Lord, saying; Shall I pursue after this troupe? shall I ouertake them? And he answered him, Pursue, for thou shalt surely ouertake them, and without faile recouer all.

9 So Dauid went, hee, and the sixe hundred men that were with him, and came to the brooke Besor, where those that were left behinde, stayed.

10 But Dauid pursued, he and foure hundred men: (for two hundred abode behinde, which were so faint that they could not goe ouer the brooke Besor.)

11 ¶ And they found an Egyptian in the field, and brought him to Dauid, and gaue him bread, and he did eate, and they made him drinke water.

12 And they gaue him a piece of a cake of figges, and two clusters of raisins: and when hee had eaten, his spirit came againe to him: for hee had eaten no bread, nor drunke any water, three dayes and three nights.

13 And Dauid sayde vnto him, To whome belongest thou? and whence art thou? And he said, I am a yong man of Egypt, seruant to an Amalekite, and my master left me, because three dayes agone I fell sicke.

14 Wee made an inuasion vpon the South of the Cherethites, and vpon the coast which belongeth to Iudah, and vpon the South of Caleb, and wee burnt Ziklag with fire.

15 And Dauid sayde to him, Canst thou bring me downe to this company? And he said, Sweare vnto me by God, that thou wilt neither kill me, nor deliuer mee into the handes of my master, and I will bring thee downe to this company.

16 ¶ And when he had brought him downe, behold, they were spread abroad vpon all the earth, eating and drinking, and dauncing, because of all the great spoile that they had taken out of the land of the Philistines, and out of the land of Iudah.

17 And Dauid smote them from the twilight, euen vnto the euening of the next day: and there escaped not a man of them, saue foure hundred yong men which rode vpon camels, and fled.

18 And Dauid recouered all that the Amalekites had caried away: and Dauid rescued his two wiues.

19 And there was nothing lacking to them, neither small nor great, neither sonnes nor daughters, neither spoile, nor any thing that they had taken to them: Dauid recouered all.

20 And Dauid tooke all the flockes, and the herds, which they draue before those other cattell, and said, This is Dauids spoile.

21 ¶ And Dauid came to the two hundred men which were so faint that they could not follow Dauid, whome they had made also to abide at the brook Besor: and they went forth to meet Dauid, and to meete the people, that were with him; and when Dauid came neere to the people, he saluted them.

22 Then answered all the wicked men, and men of Belial, of those that went with Dauid, and said, Because they went not with vs, we wil not giue them ought of the spoile, that wee haue recouered, saue to euery man his wife and his children, that they may leade them away, and depart.

23 Then said Dauid, Ye shall not do so, my brethren, with that which the Lord hath giuen vs, who hath preserued vs, and deliuered the companie that came against vs, into our hand.

24 For who will hearken vnto you in this matter? But as his part is that goeth downe to the battell, so shall his part bee that tarieth by the stuffe: they shall part alike.

25 And it was so from that day forward, that he made it a statute, and an ordinance for Israel, vnto this day.

26 ¶ And when Dauid came to Ziklag, hee sent of the spoile vnto the Elders of Iudah, euen to his friends, (saying, Behold a Present for you, of the spoile of the enemies of the Lord )

27 To them which were in Bethel, and to them which were in South Ramoth, and to them which were in Iattir,

28 And to them which were in Aroer, and to them which were in Siphmoth, and to them which were in Eshtemoa,

29 And to them which were in Rachal, and them which were in the cities of the Ierahmeelites, and to them which were in the cities of the Kenites,

30 And to them which were in Hormah, and to them which were in Chorashan, and to them which were in Athach,

31 And to them which were in Hebron, and to all the places where Dauid himselfe and his men were wont to haunt.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:43 am
1 Samuel
Chapter 31

1 Nowe the Philistines fought against Israel: and the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines, and fell downe slaine in mount Gilboa.

2 And the Philistines followed hard vpon Saul, and vpon his sonnes, and the Philistines slewe Ionathan, and Abinadab, and Malchishua, Sauls sonnes.

3 And the battell went sore against Saul, and the archers hit him, and he was sore wounded of the archers.

4 Then said Saul vnto his armour bearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith, lest these vncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse mee. But his armour bearer would not, for he was sore afraid: therfore Saul tooke a sword, & fell vpon it.

5 And when his armour bearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise vpon his sword, and died with him.

6 So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armour bearer, and all his men that same day together.

7 ¶ And when the men of Israel that were on the other side of the valley, and they that were on the other side Iordane, saw that the men of Israel fled, and that Saul and his sonnes were dead, they forsooke the cities and fled, and the Philistines came and dwelt in them.

8 And it came to passe on the morrow when the Philistines came to strip the slaine, that they found Saul, and his three sons fallen in mount Gilboa.

9 And they cut off his head, and stripped off his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about to publish it in the house of their idoles, and among the people.

10 And they put his armour in the house of Ashtaroth: and they fastened his body to the wall of Bethshan.

11 ¶ And when the inhabitants of Iabesh Gilead heard of that which the Philistines had done to Saul:

12 All the valiant men arose, and went all night, and tooke the body of Saul, and the bodies of his sonnes from the wall of Bethshan, and came to Iabesh, and burnt them there.

13 And they tooke their bones, and buried them vnder a tree at Iabesh, and fasted seuen dayes.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:29 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 1

1 Now it came to passe after þe death of Saul, when Dauid was returned from the slaughter of the Amalekites, and Dauid had abode two daies in Ziklag,

2 It came euen to passe on the third day, that behold, a man came out of the campe from Saul, with his clothes rent, and earth vpon his head: and so it was when he came to Dauid, that hee fell to the earth, and did obeysance.

3 And Dauid said vnto him, From whence commest thou? And he said vnto him, Out of the campe of Israel am I escaped.

4 And Dauid said vnto him, How went the matter? I pray thee, tell mee. And he answered, That the people are fled from the battell, and many of the people also are fallen and dead, and Saul and Ionathan his sonne are dead also.

5 And Dauid said vnto the yong man that told him, How knowest thou that Saul and Ionathan his sonne be dead?

6 And the yong man that told him, said, As I happened by chance vpon mount Gilboa, behold, Saul leaned vpon his speare: and loe, the charets and horsemen followed hard after him.

7 And when he looked behind him, he saw me, and called vnto mee: and I answered, Here am I.

8 And hee said vnto mee, Who art thou? and I answered him, I am an Amalekite.

9 He said vnto me againe, Stand, I pray thee, vpon me, and slay me: for anguish is come vpon mee, because my life is yet whole in me.

10 So I stood vpon him, and slew him, because I was sure that hee could not liue after that hee was fallen: And I tooke the crowne that was vpon his head, and the bracelet that was on his arme, and haue brought them hither vnto my lord.

11 Then Dauid tooke hold on his clothes, and rent them, and likewise all the men that were with him.

12 And they mourned and wept, and fasted vntill Euen, for Saul and for Ionathan his sonne, and for the people of the Lord, and for the house of Israel, because they were fallen by the sword.

13 ¶ And Dauid said vnto the yong man that told him, Whence art thou? And he answered, I am the sonne of a stranger, an Amalekite.

14 And Dauid said vnto him, How wast thou not afraid to stretch foorth thine hand, to destroy the Lords Anointed?

15 And Dauid called one of the yong men, and sayd, Goe neere, and fall vpon him. And hee smote him, that hee dyed.

16 And Dauid said vnto him, Thy blood be vpon thy head: for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, I haue slaine the Lords Annoynted.

17 ¶ And Dauid lamented with this lamentation ouer Saul, and ouer Ionathan his sonne:

18 (Also hee bade them teach the children of Iudah the vse of the bow: behold, it is written in the booke of Iasher.)

19 The beauty of Israel is slaine vpon thy high places: how are the mightie fallen!

20 Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streetes of Askelon: lest the daughters of the Philistines reioyce, lest the daughters of the vncircumcised triumph.

21 Yee mountaines of Gilboa, let there bee no dewe, neither let there be raine vpon you, nor fields of offerings: for there the shield of the mightie is vilely cast away, the shield of Saul, as though hee had not beene annointed with oile.

22 From the blood of the slaine, from the fat of the mightie, the bow of Ionathan turned not backe, and the sword of Saul returned not emptie.

23 Saul and Ionathan were louely and pleasant in their liues, and in their death they were not diuided: they were swifter then Eagles, they were stronger then Lions.

24 Yee daughters of Israel, weepe ouer Saul, who clothed you in scarlet, with other delights, who put on ornaments of golde vpon your apparell.

25 How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.

26 I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.

27 How are the mightie fallen, and the weapons of warre perished!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:28 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 2

1 And it came to passe after this, that Dauid enquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I goe vp into any of the Cities of Iudah? And the Lord said vnto him, Goe vp. And Dauid said, Whither shall I goe vp? And he said, Unto Hebron.

2 So Dauid went vp thither, and his two wiues also, Ahinoam the Iezreelitesse, and Abigail Nabals wife the Carmelite.

3 And his men that were with him, did Dauid bring vp, euery man with his houshold: and they dwelt in the cities of Hebron.

4 And the men of Iudah came, and there they anointed Dauid king ouer the house of Iudah: and they tolde Dauid, saying; That the men of Iabesh Gilead were they that buried Saul.

5 ¶ And Dauid sent messengers vnto the men of Iabesh Gilead, and said vnto them, Blessed be ye of the Lord, that ye haue shewed this kindnesse vnto your lord, euen vnto Saul, and haue buried him.

6 And now the Lord shewe kindnesse and trueth vnto you: and I also will requite you this kindnesse, because ye haue done this thing.

7 Therefore now let your handes be strengthened, and be ye valiant: for your master Saul is dead, and also the house of Iudah haue anointed me king ouer them.

8 ¶ But Abner the sonne of Ner, captaine of Sauls hoste, tooke Ishbosheth the sonne of Saul, and brought him ouer to Mahanaim.

9 And hee made him king ouer Gilead, and ouer the Ashurites, and ouer Iezreel, and ouer Ephraim, and ouer Beniamin, and ouer all Israel.

10 Ishbosheth Sauls sonne was fortie yeeres olde when he began to reigne ouer Israel, and reigned two yeres: but the house of Iudah followed Dauid.

11 (And the time that Dauid was King in Hebron ouer the house of Iudah, was seuen yeeres, and sixe moneths)

12 ¶ And Abner the sonne of Ner, and the seruants of Ishbosheth the sonne of Saul, went out from Mahanaim, to Gibeon.

13 And Ioab the sonne of Zeruiah, and the seruants of Dauid went out, and met together by the poole of Gibeon: and they sate downe, the one on the one side of the poole, and the other on the other side of the poole.

14 And Abner said to Ioab, Let the yong men now arise, and play before vs: and Ioab saide, Let them arise.

15 Then there arose and went ouer by number twelue of Beniamin, which pertained to Ishbosheth the sonne of Saul, and twelue of the seruants of Dauid.

16 And they caught euery one his fellow by the head, and thrust his sword in his fellowes side, so they fell downe together: Wherfore that place was called Helkath-hazzurim, which is in Gibeon.

17 And there was a very sore battell that day: and Abner was beaten, and the men of Israel, before the seruants of Dauid.

18 ¶ And there were three sonnes of Zeruiah there, Ioab, and Abishai, and Asahel: and Asahel was as light of foot as a wilde Roe.

19 And Asahel pursued after Abner, and in going he turned not to the right hand nor to the left from following Abner.

20 Then Abner looked behind him, and said, Art thou Asahel? And he answered, I am.

21 And Abner said to him, Turne thee aside to thy right hand, or to thy left, and lay thee holde on one of the yong men, and take thee his armour. But Asahel would not turne aside from following of him.

22 And Abner said againe to Asahel, Turne thee aside from following me: Wherefore should I smite thee to the ground? how then should I holde vp my face to Ioab thy brother?

23 Howbeit he refused to turne aside: wherefore Abner with the hinder ende of the speare smote him vnder the fift ribbe, that the speare came out behinde him, and hee fell downe there, and died in the same place: and it came to passe, that as many as came to the place where Asahel fell downe and died, stood still.

24 Ioab also and Abishai pursued after Abner: and the Sunne went downe when they were come to the hill of Ammah, that lieth before Giah by the way of the wildernesse of Gibeon.

25 ¶ And the children of Beniamin gathered themselues together after Abner, and became one troupe, and stood on the top of an hill.

26 Then Abner called to Ioab, and said, Shall the sword deuoure for euer? Knowest thou not that it wil be bitternesse in the latter end? How long shall it bee then, yer thou bid the people returne from following their brethren?

27 And Ioab said, As God liueth, vnlesse thou hadst spoken, surely then in the morning the people had gone vp euery one from following his brother.

28 So Ioab blew a trumpet, and all the people stood still, and pursued after Israel no more, neither fought they any more.

29 And Abner and his men walked all that night thorow the plaine, and passed ouer Iordane, and went thorow all Bithron, and they came to Mahanaim.

30 And Ioab returned from folowing Abner; and when he had gathered all the people together, there lacked of Dauids seruants nineteene men, and Asahel.

31 But the seruants of Dauid had smitten of Beniamin and of Abners men, so that three hundred and threescore men died.

32 ¶ And they tooke vp Asahel, and buried him in the sepulchre of his father which was in Bethlehem: and Ioab and his men went all night, and they came to Hebron at breake of day.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:18 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 3

1 Now there was long war betweene the house of Saul, and the house of Dauid: but Dauid waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker.

2 ¶ And vnto Dauid were sonnes borne in Hebron: and his first borne was Ammon, of Ahinoam the Iezreelitesse.

3 And his second, Chileab, of Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite: and the third, Absalom the sonne of Maacah, the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur;

4 And the fourth, Adoniiah the son of Haggith: and the fifth, Shephatiah the sonne of Abital;

5 And the sixth, Ithream by Eglah Dauids wife: these were borne to Dauid in Hebron.

6 ¶ And it came to passe while there was warre between the house of Saul and the house of Dauid, that Abner made himselfe strong for the house of Saul.

7 And Saul had a concubine, whose name was Rizpah, the daughter of Aiah: and Ishbosheth saide to Abner, Wherefore hast thou gone in vnto my fathers concubine?

8 Then was Abner very wroth for the words of Ishbosheth, and said, Am I a dogs head, which against Iudah doe shew kindnesse this day vnto the house of Saul thy father, to his brethren, and to his friends, and haue not deliuered thee into the hand of Dauid, that thou chargest mee to day with a fault concerning this woman?

9 So doe God to Abner, and more also, except, as the Lord hath sworne to Dauid, euen so I doe to him:

10 To translate the kingdome from the house of Saul, and to set vp the throne of Dauid ouer Israel, and ouer Iudah, from Dan euen to Beer-sheba.

11 And he could not answere Abner a word againe, because he feared him.

12 ¶ And Abner sent messengers to Dauid on his behalfe, saying, Whose is the land? saying also, Make thy league with me, and behold, my hand shall bee with thee, to bring about all Israel vnto thee.

13 ¶ And he said, Well, I will make a league with thee: but one thing I require of thee, that is, Thou shalt not see my face, except thou first bring Michal Sauls daughter, when thou commest to see my face.

14 And Dauid sent messengers to Ishbosheth Sauls sonne, saying, Deliuer mee my wife Michal, which I espoused to mee for an hundred foreskinnes of the Philistines.

15 And Ishbosheth sent, and tooke her from her husband, euen from Phaltiel the sonne of Laish.

16 And her husband went with her along weeping behinde her to Bahurim: then said Abner vnto him, Goe, returne. And he returned.

17 ¶ And Abner had communication with the Elders of Israel, saying, Yee sought for Dauid in times past, to be king ouer you.

18 Now then doe it, for the Lord hath spoken of Dauid, saying; By the hand of my seruant Dauid I will saue my people Israel out of the hand of the Philistines, and out of the hand of all their enemies.

19 And Abner also spake in the eares of Beniamin: and Abner went also to speake in the eares of Dauid in Hebron, all that seemed good to Israel, and that seemed good to the whole house of Beniamin.

20 So Abner came to Dauid to Hebron, and twenty men with him: and Dauid made Abner, and the men that were with him, a feast.

21 And Abner said vnto Dauid, I will arise, and goe, and will gather all Israel vnto my lord the king, that they may make a league with thee, and that thou mayest raigne ouer all that thine heart desireth. And Dauid sent Abner away, and he went in peace.

22 ¶ And behold, the seruants of Dauid, and Ioab came from pursuing a troupe, and brought in a great spoile with them: (but Abner was not with Dauid in Hebron, for he had sent him away, and he was gone in peace.)

23 When Ioab and all the host that was with him, were come, they told Ioab, saying, Abner the sonne of Ner came to the king, and he hath sent him away, and he is gone in peace.

24 Then Ioab came to the king, and said, What hast thou done? behold, Abner came vnto thee, why is it that thou hast sent him away, & he is quite gone?

25 Thou knowest Abner the sonne of Ner, that he came to deceiue thee, and to know thy going out, and thy comming in, & to know all that thou doest.

26 And when Ioab was come out from Dauid, hee sent messengers after Abner, which brought him againe from the well of Siriah; but Dauid knew it not.

27 And when Abner was returned to Hebron, Ioab tooke him aside in the gate to speake with him quietly: and smote him there vnder the fift ribbe, that he died, for the blood of Asahel his brother.

28 ¶ And afterward when Dauid heard it, hee said, I and my kingdome are guiltlesse before the Lord for euer, from the blood of Abner the sonne of Ner:

29 Let it rest on the head of Ioab, and on all his fathers house, & let there not faile from the house of Ioab one that hath an issue, or that is a leper, or that leaneth on a staffe, or that falleth on the sword, or that lacketh bread.

30 So Ioab and Abishai his brother slew Abner, because he had slaine their brother Asahel at Gibeon in the battell.

31 ¶ And Dauid said to Ioab, and to all the people that were with him, Rent your clothes, and girde you with sackecloth, and mourne before Abner. And king Dauid himselfe followed the biere.

32 And they buried Abner in Hebron, and the king lift vp his voice, and wept at the graue of Abner; and all the people wept.

33 And the king lamented ouer Abner, and said, Died Abner as a foole dieth?

34 Thy hands were not bound, nor thy feete put into fetters: as a man falleth before wicked men, so fellest thou. And all the people wept againe ouer him.

35 And when all the people came to cause Dauid to eate meate while it was yet day, Dauid sware, saying, So doe God to mee, and more also, if I taste bread or ought else, till the Sunne be downe.

36 And all the people tooke notice of it, and it pleased them: as whatsoeuer the King did, pleased all the people.

37 For all the people, and all Israel vnderstood that day, that it was not of the King to slay Abner the sonne of Ner.

38 And the King said vnto his seruants, Knowe yee not that there is a prince and a great man fallen this day in Israel?

39 And I am this day weake, though anointed King, and these men the sonnes of Zeruiah be too hard for me: the Lord shall reward the doer of euill, according to his wickednesse.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games